What is liverpool football....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 67-1161385641 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:49 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
dawson99 wrote:we could bhoss every game 90 minutes but its the points on the board that count lad. And either we dont have the killer finish, or something, but we ARE getting emabarressed year in year out by the 'big 3'

{also, living in london, surrounded by gooners, today is the worst day of the year by far so most of what i say is purely down to me getting screamed at by untold amounts of gooners. believe it or not, im one of the only liverpool fans ehre, and everyone likes to remind me about yesterday}

im just frustrated, same as everyone else. Every year its the same, we start badly, then come jan we will have a run and everyone will say again how good we are. We do have the team to be pushing so much mroe than we are but soemthings just not working away from home and its just fecking annoying me!!!

Whats worrying me is maybe we wont get the run of wins this year "What if this is as good as it gets ?" to quote Jack Nicholson.

"What the fuc.k are you smoking soft lad ?" To quote myself.

Everybody keeps saying we are going to go on a run like we did last season, all im saying is there is no guarantee of that, our confidence is down our moral is low and no matter what you say, we are playing poorly.

We have played poorly only against United.

You're correct in a majority of the away matches we've played well, but that means little when you've only collected one point from a possible eighteen.
67-1161385641

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:The first goal in these big games, in fact in EVERY game is of the upmost importance. Score it and you will not lose the game.

We have played badly against the top clubs for years - as AC Milan, Chelsea, Barcelona and United and Arsenal will testify.

Too true.  Had we managed to score first yesterday I think the result would have been very different.  What concerns me, though, is how we respond when we go a goal down.  Yesterday--and on other occasions this season, including at Old Trafford--the opposition always looked better value to add a second than us getting an equalizer.  Call it heart, call it bottle, call it belief...whatever--we seem to lack it when we go a goal behind at a main rival's ground.  It's a little worrying, is all.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:03 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:The first goal in these big games, in fact in EVERY game is of the upmost importance. Score it and you will not lose the game.

We have played badly against the top clubs for years - as AC Milan, Chelsea, Barcelona and United and Arsenal will testify.

Too true.  Had we managed to score first yesterday I think the result would have been very different.  What concerns me, though, is how we respond when we go a goal down.  Yesterday--and on other occasions this season, including at Old Trafford--the opposition always looked better value to add a second than us getting an equalizer.  Call it heart, call it bottle, call it belief...whatever--we seem to lack it when we go a goal behind at a main rival's ground.  It's a little worrying, is all.

The excuse of who gets the 1st goal is hardly tenable. If you have character you will rise to the occassion. If you absolutely need to score first in order to be competitive, then you are not good enough..
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby 67-1161385641 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:09 pm

sgs wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

The excuse of who gets the 1st goal is hardly tenable. If you have character you will rise to the occassion. If you absolutely need to score first in order to be competitive, then you are not good enough..

Whilst that statement is true (to an extent) that's the trend of Premiership football, the team who scores first usually walks away with the three points or a point. I also think it shows you have the mental capacity creditable with champions if you can come back from a goal down to grind out a result 2-1 or 3-2.
67-1161385641

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:04 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:we could bhoss every game 90 minutes but its the points on the board that count lad. And either we dont have the killer finish, or something, but we ARE getting emabarressed year in year out by the 'big 3'

{also, living in london, surrounded by gooners, today is the worst day of the year by far so most of what i say is purely down to me getting screamed at by untold amounts of gooners. believe it or not, im one of the only liverpool fans ehre, and everyone likes to remind me about yesterday}

im just frustrated, same as everyone else. Every year its the same, we start badly, then come jan we will have a run and everyone will say again how good we are. We do have the team to be pushing so much mroe than we are but soemthings just not working away from home and its just fecking annoying me!!!

so what should we do ? Wind the club up and follow a rugby team ?

Should we fuc.k.

Get behind the boys and back them even more.

We lost our five hardest games of the season, so what.

In the scheme of things did we expect to score any more than 5 points from these games ? NO !

However we can still beat all of these teams at Anfield, and then you will see some very different posts.

If we are awful, then you will hear me blast the boys (United) but in the games against Arsenal we played good at times, at Bolton we where robbed by a truly awful decision, played some good stuff but lacked desire against the blue shi.te and lost to a wonderful strike from arguably the best striker in the league at the minute when a draw would have been a fair result.

If we are garbage then fair play, but we have only played badly in one of those games - at Old Trafford.

I'll also poitn out that those games against Chelsea (we were unlucky in that one), Manure, Arsenal and Everton were all away as well. Hopefully we can square them up when we host them.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:21 am

Tell that to AC Milan.

:D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:28 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Yeah, sorry Leon, this is the first time we've played badly against a top team in years in the league. Theres supporting your club, and theres just blind stupidity.

Dawson lad, if you think we played badly then you are on something very strong and very wrong.

We bossed the first 30-40 minutes of the game, and simply lacked a killer touch in the final third.

The first goal in these big games, in fact in EVERY game is of the upmost importance. Score it and you will not lose the game.

Maybe Juventus, Leverkusen and  Chelsea and the Mancs (in the cups) have a different view about our playing badly?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion