If You was Rodgers..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:06 pm

RedAnt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:43 am wrote:By the way.. I don't think getting rid of SG is the answer. Would rather remove BR and employ someone who will use his players correctly.

He'll be 35 by the end of the season, how long do you want him to carry on as first choice midfielder for
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Boocity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:06 am wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:43 am wrote:By the way.. I don't think getting rid of SG is the answer. Would rather remove BR and employ someone who will use his players correctly.

He'll be 35 by the end of the season, how long do you want him to carry on as first choice midfielder for

I'd just rather we had him than someone else. But used well, like Lampard has been, I think he has a bit to offer yet. I didn't say he should be first choice. I said we'd benifit from a manager who uses his players correctly. I've defended Gerrard for ages but agree with those that think he's being misplayed.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Joke

Can we expect any different from a shower of sh!te we've signed. I agree we needed squad depth but it was IMPERATIVE that we strengthened the starting 11. The defence is more tactical than personnel. We've spent more money on defenders than on anything. Our midfield is lack lustre, Coutinho and Lallana are played out of position every week. Playing two upfront is glaringly obvious. Mignolet and Johnson are a joke. Manquillo has been solid and as soon as Johnsons back he's dropped!

I'm not being funny but why did we sign Markovic ? After he got Lallana (to play wide) and we already got Coutinho (who plays wide) and Sterling (who plays wide). And when Studger comes back will play ahead of Lallana. Not only is Markovic not good enough he wasn't needed!

P!sses me off how West Ham got Valencia and Song , why are we not in for Song? He was class at Arsenal.. It baffles me.

Let Agger fuc* off for 3 million.

I'm actually seething, we WILL not have that much money to spend for a LONG time. Is have seen the lot spent on 3 class players CF,CM,GK AND A FU*KING DEFENSIVE COACH. We will be back out the Champions League and back to square one. Anyone with any brain would think. Right.. I've got 117,000,000 to spend on class. We've got champions league to offer I'll go out and get class to stabilise a champions league spot.

No not Rogers. 20 mil on unproven kid , 54 mil on 3 players from a mid table team. Would you rather have Di Maria for 62 or Lallana Lovren and lambert for 54? 

I wouldn't trust the man with a tenner never mind 117 million.

7 transfer windows, over 200 million spent and got Coutinho and Sturridge who are up to it. (Lallana is sound).

If he thinks he can go to Madrid and play his 'philosophy' he can jog on.

0 plan B and 0 tactical nouse

Said it the whole time, we've done a spurs
Kopite-Jud

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Kopite-Jud » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:57 am wrote:Joke

Can we expect any different from a shower of sh!te we've signed. I agree we needed squad depth but it was IMPERATIVE that we strengthened the starting 11. The defence is more tactical than personnel. We've spent more money on defenders than on anything. Our midfield is lack lustre, Coutinho and Lallana are played out of position every week. Playing two upfront is glaringly obvious. Mignolet and Johnson are a joke. Manquillo has been solid and as soon as Johnsons back he's dropped!

I'm not being funny but why did we sign Markovic ? After he got Lallana (to play wide) and we already got Coutinho (who plays wide) and Sterling (who plays wide). And when Studger comes back will play ahead of Lallana. Not only is Markovic not good enough he wasn't needed!

P!sses me off how West Ham got Valencia and Song , why are we not in for Song? He was class at Arsenal.. It baffles me.

Let Agger fuc* off for 3 million.

I'm actually seething, we WILL not have that much money to spend for a LONG time. Is have seen the lot spent on 3 class players CF,CM,GK AND A FU*KING DEFENSIVE COACH. We will be back out the Champions League and back to square one. Anyone with any brain would think. Right.. I've got 117,000,000 to spend on class. We've got champions league to offer I'll go out and get class to stabilise a champions league spot.

No not Rogers. 20 mil on unproven kid , 54 mil on 3 players from a mid table team. Would you rather have Di Maria for 62 or Lallana Lovren and lambert for 54? 

I wouldn't trust the man with a tenner never mind 117 million.

7 transfer windows, over 200 million spent and got Coutinho and Sturridge who are up to it. (Lallana is sound).

If he thinks he can go to Madrid and play his 'philosophy' he can jog on.

0 plan B and 0 tactical nouse

Said it the whole time, we've done a spurs

Sadly it is appearing we have done exactly what they did. Gone for quantity over quality and although some of our signings may go on to prove to be really good buys, it is hurting us in the short term. Buying that amount of players and expecting them to do the business does not work, and the worst thing is we had spurs demonstrate that perfectly and we go and do exactly the same thing. The cynic in me suggest FSG know exactly what they are doing and our transfers in the summer were a scattergun approach to finding the next Suarez or two and selling him on after a few years to make a tidy profit. You are  unlikely to make a profit when you spend £40m+ and the associated wages.
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:49 pm

The manager and the whole team must improve tremendously. There is no doubt about that. But I disagree that what Rodgers had bought this summer is absolutely Sh*t. Players like Moreno, Manquilo, Markovic, Can all has tremendous potential. What BR needs to do now is to find replacement for SG and find another striker.

What absolutely disgusts me though is all those posters who come on here and spouting non-sense and I-told-you-so's only when the team loses. IMHO, BR has been unlucky so far this season. Most players he bought seem to have not hit the ground running. Gerrard declines further. The gamble on Balotelli hadn't worked. Sturridge is injured all the time. The team has lost its spine. That is the main reason we are where we are. Is this the manager's responsibility? Absolutely. But BR hasn't neglected the team building and the team's future at all, which is what irresponsible managers like Hodgson did. We have a team, if they are allowed to stay together could be a very promising team. Full of talent and potential. Origi will be joining next season as well. Now the problem is nowadays, the fans just want instant success. I won't be surprised if you the likes of you lot on here drives the manager out and the team will be forced to re-built again. Yes, what disgusts me is not the manager, he has done what he felt is the best following his philosophy. What disgusts me is some of you lot on here.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:04 pm

maguskwt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:49 pm wrote:The manager and the whole team must improve tremendously. There is no doubt about that. But I disagree that what Rodgers had bought this summer is absolutely Sh*t. Players like Moreno, Manquilo, Markovic, Can all has tremendous potential. What BR needs to do now is to find replacement for SG and find another striker.

What absolutely disgusts me though is all those posters who come on here and spouting non-sense and I-told-you-so's only when the team loses. IMHO, BR has been unlucky so far this season. Most players he bought seem to have not hit the ground running. Gerrard declines further. The gamble on Balotelli hadn't worked. Sturridge is injured all the time. The team has lost its spine. That is the main reason we are where we are. Is this the manager's responsibility? Absolutely. But BR hasn't neglected the team building and the team's future at all, which is what irresponsible managers like Hodgson did. We have a team, if they are allowed to stay together could be a very promising team. Full of talent and potential. Origi will be joining next season as well. Now the problem is nowadays, the fans just want instant success. I won't be surprised if you the likes of you lot on here drives the manager out and the team will be forced to re-built again. Yes, what disgusts me is not the manager, he has done what he felt is the best following his philosophy. What disgusts me is some of you lot on here.

I agree gloating is a pretty disgusting habit but your post doesn't hold water...We aren't a construction company ,we have finished 2nd last year ,we lost one player and we had Ton of Money ,we can't AFFORD to build and to Develop ,we need to improve and grow while running and competing ,it's totally unacceptable to GAMBLE (a word you used but one i agree with 100%) over our season ,it's totally unacceptable to spend 100m+ and not get ONE player which is a substantial upgrade to our starters in return. It's unacceptable to play the same tactics ,fail week after week ,and not make a change.

Sorry potential doesn't cut it in this league ,we need execution and it starts from the manager.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Remember Moyes last year? He believed that in order to improve and build a team then Manure needed to be awful. For all the excuses, everyone knew he wasn't up to the job. Patience is one thing. Seeing the team decline to the point they're a real chore to watch is something else.
RedAnt

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:19 pm

So what options does Rogers have now? Think he needs to go cap in hand to the owners and ask for more money, but to bring in a few players who can come in and do a job now, not in a few years time.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:21 pm

only me » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:04 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:49 pm wrote:The manager and the whole team must improve tremendously. There is no doubt about that. But I disagree that what Rodgers had bought this summer is absolutely Sh*t. Players like Moreno, Manquilo, Markovic, Can all has tremendous potential. What BR needs to do now is to find replacement for SG and find another striker.

I agree gloating is a pretty disgusting habit but your post doesn't hold water...We aren't a construction company ,we have finished 2nd last year ,we lost one player and we had Ton of Money ,we can't AFFORD to build and to Develop ,we need to improve and grow while running and competing ,it's totally unacceptable to GAMBLE (a word you used but one i agree with 100%) over our season ,it's totally unacceptable to spend 100m+ and not get ONE player which is a substantial upgrade to our starters in return. It's unacceptable to play the same tactics ,fail week after week ,and not make a change.

Sorry potential doesn't cut it in this league ,we need execution and it starts from the manager.

Agree only me. My main issue is with the performances. It is like chalk and cheese and we are unrecognisable from last year. Suarez was a massive loss but our performances have fallen away so much, just can't get my head round us falling to pieces with the loss of one player. I know Sturridge being out has been another blow but it is showing us up as being built on a deck of cards and teams who are up there every season are not built like that. The summer Utd lost Ronaldo, they finished a point off the winners Chelsea in that season, that after losing the best player in the world. They didn't fall to pieces. For me, it slowly becoming clear that Suarez was papering over the inadequacies of the rest of the team and now he has gone, those inadequacies are rearing their ugly head. Very disappointing situation at the moment and I really hope Rodgers can sort it out but at the moment he is not giving us any signs he is going to IMO
and now our defensive frailties from last year are now costing us
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:27 pm

I would like to remind posters on here then that when we finished 2nd and lost out on the title by only 2 pts to man city, the manager was Brendan Rodgers. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that the reason we finished 2nd season was because of one player and the reason we are not doing well is because of the manager. You can't have it both ways. I would also like to remind that Luis Suarez under Kenny Daglish scored 17 goals, where as under Brendan Rodgers he scored 30 and 31 goals. You need both hands of clap, if Suarez wasn't given the system and opportunity to shine by BR, he wouldn't have shined. BR spent 100m+, but you have to remember it is not purely adding on to the squad we had in 13-14. He lost Suarez, and therefore had to buy so much. Our net spend was only like 40 million +. Our net spend in the previous season was merely 20 million. Do you lot think that he would not have preferred to keep Suarez? And it's not like he didn't try to sign players like Edison, Falcao, Sanchez, William etc. Like it or not Liverpool can't compete with the clubs in terms of the salary that these players went to. The gloating and pat-on-the-shoulder's and I-told-you-so's only after the team loses absolutely disgusts me. I can't believe what kind of fans we have become... Really  :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Who's gloating?

If you're referring to me saying we've done a spurs, it's anything but a 'gloat'.

Believe me there's nothing I'd love more than to eat my own words, but the stark truth was glaringly obvious for all to see.

As stated above, mediocre maybe's and potential don't cut it in this league.

Some people are just coming to realise what's happened in the past 4 months. Or should I say 2 and half years.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (146.45 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
Kopite-Jud

Postby only me » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm

maguskwt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:27 pm wrote:

I would like to remind posters on here then that when we finished 2nd and lost out on the title by only 2 pts to man city, the manager was Brendan Rodgers. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that the reason we finished 2nd season was because of one player and the reason we are not doing well is because of the manager. You can't have it both ways. I would also like to remind that Luis Suarez under Kenny Daglish scored 17 goals, where as under Brendan Rodgers he scored 30 and 31 goals. You need both hands of clap, if Suarez wasn't given the system and opportunity to shine by BR, he wouldn't have shined. BR spent 100m+, but you have to remember it is not purely adding on to the squad we had in 13-14. He lost Suarez, and therefore had to buy so much. Our net spend was only like 40 million +. Our net spend in the previous season was merely 20 million. Do you lot think that he would not have preferred to keep Suarez? And it's not like he didn't try to sign players like Edison, Falcao, Sanchez, William etc. Like it or not Liverpool can't compete with the clubs in terms of the salary that these players went to. The gloating and pat-on-the-shoulder's and I-told-you-so's only after the team loses absolutely disgusts me. I can't believe what kind of fans we have become... Really  :no

I'm pretty sure your post isn't directed at me but nevertheless  ,I'm supporting BR buy in the same breath can voice my opinion that he is failing miserably this year. Never thought Luis as the only reason we finished 2nd but he was a big part of it ,He and Daniel and the rest ,However BR had all the time in the world and all the money in the world to prepare for Luis departure. Bottom line he spent a Ton and has nothing to show for. I didn't expect us to win the league but never have i dreamed our performance would be utterly pathetic and agonizing to watch. And spare us the "Tried" to sign players shtick ..He and his supporting cast should have done a much better job getting the right players in players which are able to perform immediately. The Saints for some reason are able to do so after their whole team was raided so it's possible ,it's a matter of doing your JOB ,Better scouting better filtering better decision making. Are you telling me that in the whole wide world their wasn't a top striker other then nutcase Mario? Why would we start our season with an injury pron striker and unstable counterpart??? It's called GAMBLE ,unacceptable. And you could go on and on ...Our performace is dire because of errors in team building ,in tactics and in game management ,it's all BR's responsibility ,he still has time to fix it but blaming Chelsea or Arsenal for our inability to create 2 chances a game is pathetic.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:34 pm

tubby » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 pm wrote:So what options does Rogers have now? Think he needs to go cap in hand to the owners and ask for more money, but to bring in a few players who can come in and do a job now, not in a few years time.

Not sure about Brendan. He gives the impression that all is going to plan. If I was the owners though I'd consider a meeting with Rodgers to find out if his vision and philosophy has altered in anyway to come into line with our current situation. I'd ask him where the money's gone, why Markovich doesn't even make the bench, and why he feels we don't need a defensive coach when he even admits our defensive deficiencies are due to "mistakes" made by individuals rather than the defensive unit.
Based on his answers, I'd decide on wether I felt he'd lost the plot or not.
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

Well... despite the utter failure by the manager, we are 3 points off 4th...ppl would think that we are battling relegation the way some posts on here are going. The mancs who has spent 100+ million NET has 1 pt fewer than us. What is common with both teams is that both have alot of new players in the team. Van Gaal must have wasted all the millions on rubbish players then. BR's progress last season was ahead of any of us had expected. But no, let's all just give up now and demand a new manager...  :no

But carry on... I prefer to do my judgement after the end of the season...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:18 pm

I think the manager should be criticized for his failings in the market and for his failed (so far) attempt at changing our formation and stye of play. That said, he did a fantastic job last season and that buys him time in my books.

Lets not kid ourselves talking about difference from top4 and other sides' failures. We have been utterly shiite so far this season in all areas and on all fronts and that cant be defended. Theres still time though and the manager still has the Sturridge card up his sleeve. Let's see how it turns out.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion