If You was Rodgers..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:29 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:06 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 pm wrote:balls yakka.
he has bought more than enough players to replace those lads and failed miserably. johnson isn't even being given a new contract but yet he keeps playing him, he plays him because he has nothing better.
the transition of those players should have happened by now and it hasnt because of his failed buy's. we are in this mess as a direct result of his policy and the players he has bought.
gerrard, johnson and skrtel are all that remain from that era and if you think replacing them will instantly make us a better side then you are misguided.

Couldn't agree more  :bowdown

Also, tactics aside (I use the term tactics in relation to Rodgers very loosely) the sight of Borini coming on, a player Rodgers for months now has been desperately but unsuccessfully trying to get out of the door , the sight of Borini coming on whilst Lalana , one of Rodgers'  multi million £ signings who actually has some skill is sat rooted on the bench chewing his teeth just about demolishes any faith I had in BR to lead us forward.

For me at least it's apparent that without the world talent that we lost in the summer Rodgers is now flailing. to be fair he's also lost Sturridge for most of this season BUT given the massive bag of cash he was provided with to allow Liverpool to push on despite the loss of Suarez Rodgers has f'ucked up a great opportunity.

With Suarez we may have over achieved last season but with Suarez gone and Rodgers in charge,Top four finish this season ? I no longer see it   :(

sturridge will make a bit of a difference in that we could actually score  :D  he wont be enough though and we have nothing in the ranks that would even give you the slightest hope of emulating suarez.
i still think the side that puts a few wins together will push on for 4th and i agree its getting harder to see us being the one's to do it. we had a few winnable games this month and we should have done much much better.
the thing is with rodgers though he will believe that having suarez will only have advanced the plan and despite losing him we are still on course of the overall objective and building for the future  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:45 pm

The manager is at fault for playing and signing players that don't suit his philosophy. For instance Gerrard is a 34 year old CM who can't cover the ground, can't press, can't play a high line and likes to hit the ball long. This 2014 version of Gerrard is a square peg in terms of Rodgers philosophy.
Balotelli and Lambert are another pair of square pegs, they just aren't mobile enough to suit his system either. Everywhere you look there are square pegs being picked and that is why we look like a disjointed hoof ball side.
The manager has to go back to the drawing board, forget about names, money spent and personalities and pick the players that match his blueprint.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:00 pm

[quote="ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:45 pm"]The manager is at fault for playing and signing players that don't suit his philosophy. For instance Gerrard is a 34 year old CM who can't cover the ground, can't press, can't play a high line and likes to hit the ball long. This 2014 version of Gerrard is a square peg in terms of Rodgers philosophy.
Balotelli and Lambert are another pair of square pegs, they just aren't mobile enough to suit his system either. Everywhere you look there are square pegs being picked and that is why we look like a disjointed hoof ball side.
The manager has to go back to the drawing board, forget about names, money spent and personalities and pick the players that match his blueprint.[/quote]

that wasn't so hard now was it  :D
i agree that he has got to turn this around with what he has at his disposal because if he can't then he shouldnt be given another clean slate to start again. we will just have to accept that he is far too inexperienced for us and move on. if he is stupid enough to keep hammering those square pegs then he deserves everything that comes his way.
being the manager of the club the buck stops with him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:36 pm

after tuesday night any manager would of seen improvement and thought il stick with that formation get some confidence back. lambert and borini must be pulling there hair out.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Firstly I wouldn't have made the same mistakes the idiot made. Funnily enough I called this last season.

I was told I was alsorts in the shambolic transfer threads for panicing... Unfortunately it was obvious to anyone with half a brain cell we'd find ourselves in this situation. It was absolutely obvious, poor and just damn right f*cking insulting.

Some buy into it, others with half a brain cell (thats all I have) don't.

Onto the topic, had I made these mistakes I'd hold my hands up and offer my resignation as I'd have realised that I wasn't upto the job.

Playing Balotelli, Sturridge, Gerrard, Skrtel, Johnson and Moreno in a pressing game is boardering on complete stupidity. Asking a natural drop off forward who is better coming onto the play to play as the furthest man forward is amateurish. Playing that f*cking Moreno game after game is baffling... I could go on, but really can't be bothered at all.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Apart from Sterling, we don't seem to have anyone who can hit space and look to get onto the end of balls stretch teams. Sturridge will also do this when he comes back. The likes of Balotelli, Coutinho, Lallana etc are all ball to feet kind of players. That's why I think teams currently find it easier to play against us as they know most of the play will be in front of their defence and the only threat in behind is Sterling. Sturridge will make a big difference to this when he comes back but we shouldn't be in a position where we became toothless when a player is out injured.
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Why not? Surely £116,000,000 isn't enough these days to sign decent players.

Whats laughable, is people think you have to compete with Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City, when the reality is you don't. You have to be smart and clever.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:27 pm wrote:Why not? Surely £116,000,000 isn't enough these days to sign decent players.

Whats laughable, is people think you have to compete with Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City, when the reality is you don't. You have to be smart and clever.

Been waiting all evening for your reply to this thread and guess what i totally agree with you, think you have been right about our manager all along
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:51 pm

i honestly believe if he ever manages in spain he will never come back.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:55 pm

ballotelliman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:51 pm wrote:i honestly believe if he ever manages in spain he will never come back.

Tuesday night he will be managing in Spain, so lets see if your right  :rasp
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:11 pm

I just have a nagging feeling Rodgers got a bit too cocky after last season exploits. As great as last season was, we didn't actually win anything. Again I may be wrong (...and hope i'm wrong), but just got the vibe from his interviews/media stuff from last season/summer that he may have got a bit too sure of himself
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Had we improved our side in other area's, for example, signed Balotelli, and been struggling to score, yet our pathetic defence and goalkeeper had been massively improved upon I'd have understood that all day. Had genuine improvement happened in the midfield and made us more solid again I would have understood, to however blow over 100 million on players who aren't good enough to get into the weaker area's of our side absolutely blows my mind. I can't comprehend the kind of money wasted and the attitude of some who are suggesting time and more money to get this right.

I can't fathom how players who effectively cost us our championship challenge like Skrtel, Mignolet and Johnson are still, firstly in the squad and secondly starting games on a regular basis. Rodgers weakness and lack of ruthlessness has been extremely poor.

Not to mention his insistance on not telling Borini he's had his chance and not upto it. Had he done that and made it absolutely clear the club didn't want him he may have left for Sunderland and our back up choice could have been Remy instead of the useless italian or Lambert, who as much as he tries is definately not upto it. A signing like Lambert can be easily forgiven, £4,000,000 for an experienced target man...

The list of bad signings seems to growing, while the list of good signings hasn't improved...

Not to mention he took over the job when Steven Gerrard was 31 years old, surely he didn't think the likes of Henderson and Allen were actually anywhere near good enough to replace the captain long term. Personally, if I took over at a club, anyone around the age of twenty nine would be on my hit list... if I couldn't find ways to replace them directly I'd be looking at other ways.

Whats laughable also, is he has his "philosophy"... and "tactics" and some people call it a "blueprint"... but the reality is you should pick your tactics around your players, not the other way round, only a fool would expect players to play to their weaknesses, and lets be honest, there is a lot more than Gerrard and Balotelli who are being expected to do this at the moment.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Stu you called it a while back. You da man  :bowdown
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:48 pm

I also agree with Stu (never thought i would see the day), he did call this and he is right with what he is has been saying
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Doeboy, no offence mate but I'd rather be wrong...

I watch a lot of football mate in this country and have quite a bit of playing experience and always apply my experiences to real life.

When I talk about quality players I know the difference it makes. I understand exactly how it works. Having played semi professionally I often find Sunday League and Saturday league fairly "easy", however, I've come up against players over the years at that level that have got the better of me on occassions, some have had attributes that I can't live with and some have been bitty/nearly players (IE they are good at some things and not others). What you notice every level you jump up is the quality alround in terms of attributes... and at premier league level Liverpool lack players like this. My point is, players like Suarez, can run, are fit, strong and can finish. However, they can also tackle, defend, pass, have vision etc etc. When I look at our team I see players like Danny Sturridge, who can attack, but can't defend, I see players like Henderson who work hard, but don't really attack or defend... I just see players who aren't top quality all over the pitch... I then see the signings and think some of them are woeful to be quite honest. Some of them don't even show their supposed "strengths" which is a massive worry...
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion