LIVERPOOL v Oldham FA Cup 3rd Round Sunday 5th Jan

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:59 am

I see by the number of posts there is a lot of interest in this game  ??? Anyway the FA cup gives us a good chance of silverware for this year and we cannot let ourselvesbe overturned by Oldham as we were last year. Their manager has changed and the big lad up front has gone and they are near the bottom of Div 1 so I don't see a repeat of last year even with what I expect will be a much changed team for us. I would expect quite a few changes, no need to risk luis by starting him in this game, could try this line up:-

Mig
                      Kelly         Toure               Illori         cissokho
                         Hendo              Gerrard               Moses
                                                 Alberto
                                        Sterling       Aspas
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:56 am

4th place finish is more important than the FA Cup. Our squad is not deep enough to be that ambitious in wanting to win the FA Cup and 4th place. It would be wise of BR to rest key players esp. Suarez and Stevie for the next PL game at Stoke. Even if we win against Oldham with our strongest squad, we may even get knocked out in later stages of that cup run. So I feel it's not worth it. He should give Moses, Aspas, Alberto, Illori a try.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 pm

going by gerrard`s performance against hull when he came on he could do with a game or two to get the cobwebs out of his system, a good run out today at home against lower league opposition is probably just the preparation he needs for next weeks tough trip to stoke.
with allen out injured gerrard is a shoe in to start next week so he needs some game time after being out for a month.
hendo needs a rest imo, along with the likes of skrtel he`s been an ever present in our team since the first day of the season so i`d let him sit this one out and recharge his batteries for next week.
stoke next week is a huge game, going there is tough enough anyway (as everton recently found out) but it`s become even more vital to us after losing those two 6 pointers to our rivals over the chrimbo, if you are going to lose away to the likes of city, arsenal and chelsea (as we have done) then you have got to go to places like stoke and win if you want to realistically compete with those top sides.
if we play the likes of gerrard, toure and agger who havent had much footy recently we should have too much for these, especially at home.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:20 pm wrote:going by gerrard`s performance against hull when he came on he could do with a game or two to get the cobwebs out of his system, a good run out today at home against lower league opposition is probably just the preparation he needs for next weeks tough trip to stoke.
with allen out injured gerrard is a shoe in to start next week so he needs some game time after being out for a month.
hendo needs a rest imo, along with the likes of skrtel he`s been an ever present in our team since the first day of the season so i`d let him sit this one out and recharge his batteries for next week.
stoke next week is a huge game, going there is tough enough anyway (as everton recently found out) but it`s become even more vital to us after losing those two 6 pointers to our rivals over the chrimbo, if you are going to lose away to the likes of city, arsenal and chelsea (as we have done) then you have got to go to places like stoke and win if you want to realistically compete with those top sides.
if we play the likes of gerrard, toure and agger who havent had much footy recently we should have too much for these, especially at home.

Yes i was thinking about leaving out hendo but who do we put in his place, Ibe? the squads paper thin.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Boocity » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:20 pm wrote:going by gerrard`s performance against hull when he came on he could do with a game or two to get the cobwebs out of his system, a good run out today at home against lower league opposition is probably just the preparation he needs for next weeks tough trip to stoke.

Yes i was thinking about leaving out hendo but who do we put in his place, Ibe? the squads paper thin.

i`d give that rossiter a game, if he`s got gerrard next to him and the likes of agger and toure behind him he should be alright, besides as much as i love the F.A cup this result just isnt as important as next weeks given whats riding on us finishing in the top 4.
if we dont finish in top 4 after being top on christmas day and having one of the best players in the world breaking all sorts of scoring records then the blow to our morale would be massive, and our morale would plummet even more when suarez walks out the door. i shudder to think what state this club would be in next summer with no CL and no suarez.
as i said i grew up watching the F.A cup and i love that competition but this year the league must over ride everything.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:02 pm

I thought we already had a match thread.

Anyway, interesting line-up but that attacking 4 doesn't give me too much confidence. Should still be enough for these chumps though.

Any streams guys, can't find anything.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:05 pm

No link?!?! WTF? Why!!!
:(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 pm

They've got to be kidding!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:09 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:05 pm wrote:No link?!?! WTF? Why!!!
:(

Because its not on TV.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:12 pm

So what, is the FA Cup like a closed door friendly or something now?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:14 pm

OMG I wanna cry. Was so looking forward to this game so I can see Alberto play :(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:20 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:14 pm wrote:OMG I wanna cry. Was so looking forward to this game so I can see Alberto play :(

I know, right?

So what the hell am I supposed to do now? Don't they know that I need my f*cking fix?! *twitch*
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:22 pm

GOAL!!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby crim cram » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:24 pm

yeah, I was hoping to see this one as well.  I've already inadvertently downloaded some malware in hopes of finding a dodgy stream  :p
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:26 pm

I've forgotten that listening to the commentary on the radio might actually be kind of fun.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games