JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 am wrote:i think people are being a bit unfair on him, we all know he`s not graeme souness but he has come into the side and done a good job on many occassions.
he`ll battle away and run his blood to water for the shirt, we all know he`s not good enough to be in the first XI but he`s not a bad back up.
for some reason he seems to be the butt of everyone`s jokes or rather snide comments at the moment.

I am with you mate.

He is 100% not good enough to be in our first XI, but over a season you need a squad.

In the past - when he didnt feature as regulaly he has done ok.
With Lucas being injured the whole second half of the season Jay played too often and in certain games he was really poor.
But he will battle all day and is someone i would keep in the squad personally.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:46 am

Isn't it time for him to move back to Leicester City soon?
He is on loan right from the Championship?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby brad147690 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:31 pm

We have to hope Lucas doesn't get injured again. Decent to fill in every now and then but not good enough to gain a long run in the squad.
My football shirt collection

http://bradsfootballshirtcollection.blogspot.co.uk/
brad147690
LFC Basic Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 pm

The criticism of him is puzzling because at the end of season 2010-2011 everyone was so impressed with him he didn't just become a bad player overnight.

I would guess thought that during that run of games he was better alongside Lucas and is less effective with Gerrard or Adam where he has to perform the Lucas role on his own.
friendlyguy33

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

friendlyguy33 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 am wrote:The criticism of him is puzzling because at the end of season 2010-2011 everyone was so impressed with him he didn't just become a bad player overnight.

I would guess thought that during that run of games he was better alongside Lucas and is less effective with Gerrard or Adam where he has to perform the Lucas role on his own.

Jay Spearing couldn't be any less wanted ,if they rolled the little fucker in Anthrax .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Now it looks like Aqua is on his way, how about shipping out some others starting with Spearing, he was awful again yesterday and seems to relish in giving the ball away under no pressure almost gifting Spurs a goal, I don't think he goes a game without making some howler
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Boocity » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:04 pm wrote:Now it looks like Aqua is on his way, how about shipping out some others starting with Spearing, he was awful again yesterday and seems to relish in giving the ball away under no pressure almost gifting Spurs a goal, I don't think he goes a game without making some howler

I would even go so far as to say Spearing knows he is out of his depth in there but they keep putting him
through the mincer by picking him.

Sometimes I think that the lads such a good worker and loves the club that much that no one has the heart
to tell him he is not in our plans anymore so he keeps getting in.

I really dont know how many times you have struggle or make mistakes to be moved on but with every respect
to the lad he must go in every day waiting to be called in by Rodgers for that uncomfy chat before you start
to clear out your locker.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm

If I was Rodgers I would be saying to Spearing "Two sugars in mine, and Hendo would like a Jaffa Cake "  :)
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:44 pm

as much as he loves the club,local lad etc & as much as i want him to suceed at the club,i'm sorry he just isn't good enough! again he for me showed this with his perforfances in our pre-season friendly's. i was very surprised by his attitude if i'm honest, he didn't show any desire,hunger etc to prove he wants a starting place in the team,i was disappointed in his lack of urgency getting foward or even trying to command & dictate the play from midfield. instead he treated the ball like a hot potato & showed no imagination on the ball at all let alone any enthusiasm.

he was one player i was pleased that was given a chance to show the new manager what he can do & sadly for me he has blown it big time! for me he's not even worth hanging onto as a squad player,i think he finally needs to move on for sake of all concerned,especially jay himself as i think brendan's 'bigger picture plans' won't include players like jay spearing-just my opinion like-as i think spearing has had his last chance.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:28 am

No call from Tranmere yet then ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:01 pm

could be going on loan to bolton according to the echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/Liverpool ... -31657031/
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 pm

stmichael » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:01 pm wrote:could be going on loan to bolton according to the echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/Liverpool ... -31657031/

Newkit whip round for his train fare? I'll get it started with the first 50p.

One half fare please Ticketmaster  :eyebrow  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I do feel bad for the lad, he's one of us, he's a local lad, but he's just not good enough to remain here. It's sad that our two most prominent local lads are nearing the end of their careers and there doesn't look like they'll be many locals coming through the ranks.
Boxscarf

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Don’t have a problem with him staying. I’m presuming he isn’t earning much and he will probably have a part to play coming in for Lucus in the league cup and Europa League.
Eagle

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:25 pm

i just wish we could sell him permanently to someone. once again, a loan is of no benefit to us as he's not going to get a look in when he returns.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion