JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm wrote:
andy_g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 pm wrote:
our famous "We've got the best midfield in the world " song .

seems like only weeks ago we were singing that. it was bloody well 'n' all...

:(

I  have also come over all reminiscent and teary eyed mate . :down:

i got so teary eyed i fecked up the order of my words

:laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm

@AndyG quote
i got so teary eyed i fecked up the order of my words

:laugh: Im also laughing because I fucked up my quotes ,while weeping profusely .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 pm

I have watched the match on tv 3 times now and each time one things sticks out as much as, if not more than our top creative players performances.
Jay Spearing had a Fu*king belter of a game. The reason for me was that besides not putting a foot wrong regarding giving the ball away, he went about his job with more confidence than I have ever seen him. He never let one of those tw@ts past him, never shirked a tackle, never looked flustered or worried.
He was outstanding and deserves plenty of credit for keeping it simple and effective. Well done to the munchkin!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:28 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 pm wrote:I have watched the match on tv 3 times now and each time one things sticks out as much as, if not more than our top creative players performances.
Jay Spearing had a Fu*king belter of a game. The reason for me was that besides not putting a foot wrong regarding giving the ball away, he went about his job with more confidence than I have ever seen him. He never let one of those tw@ts past him, never shirked a tackle, never looked flustered or worried.
He was outstanding and deserves plenty of credit for keeping it simple and effective. Well done to the munchkin!

He's our favourite Munchkin, here he is winning the Munchkin of the Year award

Unfortunately when it comes to footy and getting stuff on target he still can't hit a cows a'se with a banjo.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:03 am

woof woof ! » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 pm wrote:I have watched the match on tv 3 times now and each time one things sticks out as much as, if not more than our top creative players performances.

He's our favourite Munchkin, here he is winning the Munchkin of the Year award

Unfortunately when it comes to footy and getting stuff on target he still can't hit a cows a'se with a banjo.

:D

I know. But I'll accept that as long as he comes up with performances like Saturdays
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:30 pm

He played well ,but then again he played equally as well at Anfield in the Derby .... My conclusion  to this enigma is simply the Bitterz midfield
is devoid of any real invention and quite frankly cack .

I like the lad ,but his name shouldn't be on the team sheet against teams who possess any quality in the midfield department .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Sat May 05, 2012 7:54 pm

An FA Cup Final... and we have Jay Spearing in midfield.

Its akin to having Lee Jones play upfront for us in the 1996 Cup final.

The crazy thing is, Spearing playing wasn't a surprise. Its the weakest squad in my lifetime and there is f**k all else. This Sheffield Wednesday player in waiting (altho for all i know he wouldnt get in their midfield) has been a regular.

You cannot go into a game, a cup final, and have a 3rd division player in the most important area of the field.

When Lucas got injured it was boiling hot imperative that we brought in a holding midfielder in January.. that we didn't is scandalous. Either the board don't trust Kenny so refused any more money, or Kenny didnt think we needed one.

Today was the first time in over 10 finals that i didnt give us a prayer and it was largely because of midfield.
D___C

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm

D___C » Sat May 05, 2012 6:54 pm wrote:An FA Cup Final... and we have Jay Spearing in midfield.

Its akin to having Lee Jones play upfront for us in the 1996 Cup final.

The crazy thing is, Spearing playing wasn't a surprise. Its the weakest squad in my lifetime and there is f**k all else. This Sheffield Wednesday player in waiting (altho for all i know he wouldnt get in their midfield) has been a regular.

You cannot go into a game, a cup final, and have a 3rd division player in the most important area of the field.

When Lucas got injured it was boiling hot imperative that we brought in a holding midfielder in January.. that we didn't is scandalous. Either the board don't trust Kenny so refused any more money, or Kenny didnt think we needed one.

Today was the first time in over 10 finals that i didnt give us a prayer and it was largely because of midfield.

don't blame the result on Spearing. Yes he's muck.. pity we didn't have the luxury of Lucas...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby roberto green » Sat May 05, 2012 10:00 pm

A few years ago we had Alonso,Macharano, Now we have Jay Spearing and Henderson.......

Says all....

And I hate to say it but a tactically indept manager.
roberto green

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Might not be far wrong to say that in those few years we have gone from having a midfield that Europe was very envious of to having one that Europe must be laughing at at times.  :down:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Sat May 05, 2012 10:53 pm

Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard... what an incredible trio. Just a shame Rafa alienated Xabi otherwise those three may still be here and Rafa still manager. Make no mistake (and i said so at the time) losing Alonso was the biggest loss in 20 years. He made us tick, he also allowed Gerrard to stay forward..contrast that with today as Stevie had to come back deep constantly.. he didnt trust the two behind him. With Alonso the tempo of play was similar every game, him dictating that central area between defence and midfield.. you pretty much know how we would play every week.

Nowadays none of us have a clue what we will do from one week to the next. Spearing, Shelvey, Henderson..  I struggle to watch us with this midfield. Too frustrating.
D___C

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 05, 2012 11:26 pm

D___C » Sat May 05, 2012 9:53 pm wrote:Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard... what an incredible trio. Just a shame Rafa alienated Xabi otherwise those three may still be here and Rafa still manager. Make no mistake (and i said so at the time) losing Alonso was the biggest loss in 20 years. He made us tick, he also allowed Gerrard to stay forward..contrast that with today as Stevie had to come back deep constantly.. he didnt trust the two behind him. With Alonso the tempo of play was similar every game, him dictating that central area between defence and midfield.. you pretty much know how we would play every week.

Nowadays none of us have a clue what we will do from one week to the next. Spearing, Shelvey, Henderson..  I struggle to watch us with this midfield. Too frustrating.

well lets face it our best midfield pairing now if everyone was fit would be gerrard and lucas, not as good as the alonso mascherano pairing but not as bad as everyone is making out.
next season aquilani could be back too which would help, the echo said the other day that the club would be delighted to have him back, a midfield axis of aquilani and lucas could be potentially quite good. infact if aquilani plays like he did in pre season and lucas comes back anywhere near as good as he was before his injury there wont be no `potentially` about it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 06, 2012 11:01 am

Totally out of his depth and he knew it
Good aganst the likes of everton but not a team with class players in
Have a rest spearo
Thommo's perm

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:50 pm

His physique and lack of height counts against him though I don't think Shelvey would have done any better yesterday.

It's beginning to look like quite an error by KK not signing someone in January to replace Lucas. You can't go through a season with this lack of depth even if they didn't know that Adam would get injured in March.
friendlyguy33

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 pm

When we lost the orgasmic probing and defensive ability of  Lucas, I think we expected his replacement
to be significantly more than a quick wank in a sock .

He's a wizard at pointing and looking small and insignificant .......nothing else to add really .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion