Summer transfers

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:37 am

bavlondon wrote:Apparantly Rafa will only have 25Mil to spend in the summer and any more will have to come from selling first.

25 mil ? well that buys silva then sell players like voronin and maybe dossena to get money for glen johnson and we are sorted .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:16 pm

We need a creative midfielder (when Alonso is injured Leiva and mascherano don´t create :censored:) and one striker of guarantees.

So:

1 right back, a better option than arbeloa - It could be Johnson

1 centre back, to subs Agger - ?

1 midfielder (with creative vocation), to replace Alonso when he doesn´t play - It could be Barry

1 striker, to subs and partner Torres - ?

With 25 millions plus the money from the sales, probably it will be around 35 millions.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:26 pm

FOR ME BUYING BACK UP ISNT WHAT WE NEED, IF WE CANT BUY PLAYERS GOOD ENOUGH TO GO STRAIGHT INTO THE TEAM THEM INVEST IN YOUNGSTERS
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 am

Spot on. We need esablished quality players now not potentially good players for the future, unless it was some wonderkid we were able to snatch.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Chelsea on red alert as cash-strapped Valencia admit Villa could go for 40m
30 Apr 2009 - 17:05:03

David Villa has moved a step closer to joining Chelsea after Valencia's vice-president admitted they would struggle to hold on to their top players this summer.
Roman Abramovich has already told players at Stamford Bridge that he will break the British transfer record to pay £40million for Spain striker Villa.
And the Spanish club, who are saddled with massive debts, are ready to drop their resistance to offers after the admission by Fernando Gomez Colomer that they may have to choose between selling the Euro 2008 top scorer or attacking midfielder David Silva.
Pointing the way: Valencia may have to cash in on David Villa
'The fans know that we will do all we can to keep them here, but we cannot rule anything out because of our financial situation,' he said. 'We have to put the future of Valencia first.'
The former international midfielder, who had a spell at Wolves in the late Nineties, could be seen to be softening up the Mestalla faithful for the loss of one of their stars.
Silva service: Valencia's David Silva breaks away from Betis players Alberto Rivera (right) and Juan Gutierrez
Chelsea would face competition from Real Madrid and Barcelona for Villa, while Silva has been linked to Juventus, Liverpool and Manchester United among others.
Even if Valencia claim the financial boost from qualifying for the Champions League, it is unlikely to fill enough of a black hole to keep the pair.
Ancelotti set for switch to Chelsea after Milan admit they are seeking new bossBleating Barcelona: Wounded Catalans can't stop whingeingChelsea set to offer Obi £60,000 a week to see off interest from Inter's MourinhoHATCHET MAN: Forget heroic defending - limited Chelsea were just running scared against BarcelonaCHELSEA FC
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Fri May 01, 2009 1:35 pm

My priority would be Tevez who can be rotated any where upfront for Kuyt, SG, Torres and even Riera. When Alonso is rested SG can play in the middle and solve the problem. Tevez should be number one target.
Second priority should be solid centre back. No player in mind but a tall and strong defender would do.
Its time for quality
whylongball?

Postby tubby » Fri May 01, 2009 1:56 pm

I doubt we would be able to afford him, unless maybe we could break the deal down in installments.

Regarding Villa, I know he is a good striker but I think 40Mil is a lot for a 28 year old.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_BIRD » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:49 am

I heard we're getting £14m on both Dossena and Arbeloa and we've won the race to sign Glen Johnson for £18.5m so it's a -£4.5m loss in the end

Can't see us signing any other big-name player this summer:(
LFC_BIRD

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:19 am

Id prefer us to sign Joe Cole instead of Silva, dont get me wrong Silva is a great little player but La Liga doesnt have them fecking yard dog defenders we have in the prem. He will get the sh!t kicked out of him here.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:23 am

Nah, give Silva a miss...Sure those Spanish lads will never make it in the Premiership.... :;):
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:40 am

Ciggy wrote:Id prefer us to sign Joe Cole instead of Silva, dont get me wrong Silva is a great little player but La Liga doesnt have them fecking yard dog defenders we have in the prem. He will get the sh!t kicked out of him here.

How can you say that after we half the Spain team plays for us?  :suspect: I know what you mean he could be a little lightweight but we really won't know until he comes here, if he comes.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:48 am

bavlondon wrote:How can you say that after we half the Spain team plays for us?  :suspect: I know what you mean he could be a little lightweight but we really won't know until he comes here, if he comes.

Bav Id love the whole spanish team to play for us they are amazing, but even Albert is keeping Silva out the spanish team.
Ive loved Silva for the past two years or so, and a few weeks ago I was really wanting this signing to go through.

I just have visions of fecking Samba or some other sh!thouse yard dog putting him out for months.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:02 am

Ciggy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:How can you say that after we half the Spain team plays for us?  :suspect: I know what you mean he could be a little lightweight but we really won't know until he comes here, if he comes.

Bav Id love the whole spanish team to play for us they are amazing, but even Albert is keeping Silva out the spanish team.
Ive loved Silva for the past two years or so, and a few weeks ago I was really wanting this signing to go through.

I just have visions of fecking Samba or some other sh!thouse yard dog putting him out for months.

Silva didnt play the entire season Ciggy. Wreas Riera did. Im sure Silva would start ahead of riera in the game against Italy
RobinHood6969

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:39 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Its theoretically possible that we could be buying players from almost any position, depending on who is sold and how much cover Rafa wants and what kind of deals are out there.  Players that I think we have a natural advantage in the negotiations on are: Players on teams not in the Champions League, Players on teams in smaller European leagues (French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, etc.), young English players from clubs outside the premier league or in the relegation zone, experienced English players on teams out of the Champions League, or players on the big European teams (other than United) that are finding it hard for one way or another to see the pitch.

Players on teams not in the Champions League  (from Italy, Spain, and Germany) ^ 24/3 ^:
Defense       Per Mertesacker (24) Werder Bremen, Naldo (26) Werder Bremen, Heiko Westermann (25) Schalke,  Rafinha (23) Schalke, Cicinho (28) Roma,   Juan Manuel Vargas (25) Fiorentina, Clemens Fritz (28) Werder Bremen,  Gonzalo Castro (21) Leverkusen, Gyorgy Garics (25) Atalanta,  Neven Subotic (20) Borussia Dortmund, Lorenzo Di Silvestre (20) Lazio

Midfield        David Silva (23) Valencia, Maxi Rodriguez (28) Atletico Madrid, Marek Hamsik (21) Napoli, Renato Augusto (21) Leverkusen, Diego (24) Werder Bremen, Mesut Ozil (20) Werder Bremen,  Simao (29) Atletico Madrid, Gokhan Inler (25) Udinese, Marko Marin (20) Borussia Mönchengladbach, Andres Guardado (22) Deportivo La Coruna,  Juan Mata (20) Valencia, Joaquin (27) Valencia, Vicente (27) Valencia, Ever Banega (20) Valencia, Arturo Vidal (21) Leverkusen, Ivan Rakitic (21) Schalke, Jakub Blaszcykowski (23) Borussia Dortmund,  Angel Lafita (24) Deportivo La Coruna, Jérémy Menez (21) Roma, Zdravko Kuzmanovic (21) Fiorentina, Alessandro Rosina (25) Torino, Ignazio Abate (22) Torino, Pedro Leon (22) Real Valladolid, Tranquillo Barnetta (23) Bayer Leverkusen

Attack     David Villa (27) Valencia, Kun Aguero (20) Atletico Madrid, Ezequiel Lavezzi (23) Napoli, Fernando Llorente (24) Bilbao, Mario Gómez (23) Stuttgart, Stevan Jovetic (19) Fiorentina, Goran Pandev (25) Lazio, Alexis Sanchez (20) Udinese,   Álvaro Negredo (23) Almeria, Mirko Vucinic (25) Roma, Fabio Quagliarella (26) Udinese, Alberto Gilardino (26) Fiorentina, Jefferson Farfan (24) Schalke, Mario Santana (27) Fiorentina, Hugo Almeida (24) Werder Bremen

Players on teams in smaller European leagues
Defense    Yuri Zhirkov (25) CSKA Moscow, Luisão (27) Benfica, Francois Clerc (25) Lyon,  Mouhamadou Dabo (22) St. Etienne, Mamadou Sakho (19) PSG,

Midfield    Lucho González (28) Porto, Pablo Aimar (29) Benfica, Darijo Srna (26) Shaktar Donetsk, Jérémy Toulalan (25) Lyon,  João Moutinho (22) Sporting Lisbon, Arda Turan (22) Galatasaray, Miguel Veloso (22) Sporting Lisbon, Kim Kallstrom (26) Lyon, Cristian Rodríguez (23) Porto, Matias Delgado (26) Besiktas, Fernando Belluschi (25) Olympiacos, Ibrahim Afellay (22) PSV,  Ángel Di María (21) Benfica,  Sotiris Ninis (18) Panathinaikos, Hatem Ben Arfa, (22) L'OM, Ederson (23) Lyon, Stephane M'Bia (22) Rennes, Luis Suárez (22) Ajax

Attack    Karim Benzema (21) Lyon, Lisandro Lopez (26) Porto, José Antonio Reyes (25) Benfica, Fernando Cavenaghi (25) Bordeaux, Mauro Zárate (22) Al-Sadd, Bafe Gomis (23) St. Etienne,  Hulk (22) Porto, Eljero Elia (22) FC Twente,  Diogo (21) Olympiacos

young English players from clubs outside the premier league or in the relegation zone
Defense      David Wheater (22) Boro, Micah Richards (20) Man City*, Michael Mancienne (21) Chelsea*, Joe Mattock (18) Leicester,   Kyle Naughton (20) Sheffield United, Mark Beevers (19) Sheffield Wednesday
Midfield      Fabian Delph (19) Leeds, Adam Johnson (21) Boro, Joe Ledley (22) Cardiff, Adam Lallana (20) Southampton
Attack     Cameron Jerome (22) Birmingham, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (22) Wolves, Dexter Blackstock (22) QPR,  Victor Moses (18) Crystal Palace,

experienced English players on teams not in the Champions League
Defense     Glen Johnson (24) Pompey, Steven Taylor (23) Newcastle
Midfield    Stewart Downing (24) Boro, Gareth Barry, (28) Aston Villa*, David Bentley (24) Spurs, Aaron Lennon (22) Spurs
Attack    Michael Owen (29) Newcastle, Dean Ashton (25) West Ham

experienced Premiership players on teams not in the Champions League
Defense      Brede Hangeland (27) Fulham, Vedran Corluka (23) Spurs
Midfield      Antonio Valencia (24) Wigan, Niko Kranjcar (24) Pompey, Luka Modric (23) Spurs, Elano (27) City, Morten Gamst Pedersen (27) Blackburn, Valon Behrami (23) West Ham, Jonas Gutierrez (26) Newcastle, Clint Dempsey (26) Fulham
Attack    Obafemi Martins (24) Newcastle, Roque Santa Cruz (27) Blackburn, Tuncay (27) Boro, John Utaka (27) Pompey, Kenwyne Jones
(24) Sunderland
players on the big European teams finding it hard to see the pitch.
Defense      Christoph Metzelder (28) Real Madrid, Royston Drenthe (21) Real Madrid, Christian Lell (24) Bayern
Midfield     Joe Cole (27), Chelsea, Yoann Gourcuff (22) Milan, Ruben De La Red (23) Real Madrid, Fran Mérida (19) Arsenal
Attack       Thierry Henry (31) Barca*, Eidur Gudjohnsen (30) Barca, Podolski (23) Bayern,

* means that they don't exactly fit the category at the moment but circumstances could change or we are being linked anyway. Such as Normally I don't see how we would be able to buy a young promising English player off of Chelsea but we have been linked  a lot with Mancienne as if it was no big deal.

obviously we can't go after everyone :D    But I am NOT saying that ALL those players would fit in at the club or are of the quality to get into our first team.

players in bold were transferred in the summer (or had loan deals made permanent in two cases)

Seems like a lot of bold too me  :D

And I repeat it was just a list of people who I think would be available only on the basis of their club being in a selling situation. Obviously not all of them are quite at 1st team level for LFC, but I would say the vast majority have enough quality where they would have helped out on our depth
JoeTerp

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:02 pm

More a suggestion than a rumour...

Sol Campbell is now available after leaving Notts County by mutual consent.

I know some will gasp and think "no way" but the way we've been leaking goals of late I think he would be a great option in the short
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill