Who will we buy in the summer - Just thought i would get in first

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:06 am

Bellamy, there is no doubt he is a talented player, I can't get passed the fact that he is an utter loud mouth and is almost as hateable as his fellow countryman Robbie Savage.

He would have to be put straight in line by Rafa, or we'd run the risk of rifts between the players,thats the way he is depicted. At the end of the day is it worth the risk
??? ???
66-1112520797

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:02 am

From SSN:

Chelsea could be set to beat rivals Liverpool to Benfica ace Simao Sabrosa.

Reports emanating from Portugal claim Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal with Benfica for the winger.

Simao has been a long-term transfer for Liverpool and he was close to moving to Anfield last summer only for Benfica to pull the plug on the deal at the last minute.

Chelsea have been keeping tabs on the former Barcelona man and it has been suggested that they are ready to make a move for Simao.

Benfica are keen to keep their captain, but they know they are likely to have to field further bids for the player when the transfer window reopens.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho is believed to be a big fan of Simao and sees him as a key addition to his star-studded squad at Stamford Bridge.

Simao has admitted in the past he would be interested in a move to England and Chelsea's financial muscle would mean Benfica would find it hard to resist their overtures.

Should Simao seal a move to West London he could be one of three new signings Mourinho wants for next season.

Chelsea are already in talks with German star Michael Ballack and Mourinho believes he needs three new faces to freshen his squad up this summer with departures expected at Stamford Bridge.

"We change three players," Mourinho told The Times. "Three players who want to play more and are not very happy in the club, or some players I am frustrated with and have nothing to give us.

"I change them for three other players. I would say three players will come in in the summer. It is the natural process.

"We have a good squad, players at a good age, not players finishing their career. [Claude] Makelele is the oldest player [33] and he looks the youngest one.

"We don't have big needs. The natural tendency is we get a defender, a midfielder and an attacker."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:17 am

Yorke- Going to buy him for $60million(AU) and that will get Sydney FC out of debt and able to buy more people :p
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:53 am

Take Simao. I don't rate him that highly anyway.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:05 pm

bigmick wrote:Bellamy is without question in the form of his life at the moment and any any judgements on him must be based with this provisio in mind. If we make the assumption that he probably is not capable of playing any better than he is right now and look at the way he handles himself, then perhaps we can assertain what his mood would be under more trying circumstances.
Apparantly he was heard to shout in the tunnel on Saturday "well with defending like that we ain't gonna do feck all". Clearly then the annoying little ponce which resides within his soul is alive and well but is it something to worry too much about? Would the likes of Carra and Gerrard stand for his histrionics or would things be sorted in the old fashioned way, a cruching tackle or two followed by a training ground rumble and a couple of pints afterwards?
I ask the question for purely this reason and this reason alone. Harry Redknapp was correct to describe his opener on Saturday as absolutely World-class. It was. A run from the half-way line onto his left foot followed with a shot hit while running at full tilt, angled accross the keeper which nestled in the very top corner. It was an absolutely fantastic goal and as good a finish as I've seen this season. His second was not far behind. A smart turn and finish from within the confines of the area.
There is absolutely no question in my mind that the lad can really play and that he is maturing fast as a footballer. If he could ever get his head right he could be very special indeed. There is equally little question in my mind that our style of play and personel would suit him absolutely down to the ground, Crouch must be his identikit perfect strike-partner.
One thing is absolutely certain. If he continues to play like he is at the moment and score goals both at the rate and of the quality that is he is right now, he will not see out his career at Blackburn Rovers. Sooner or later somebody will take a chance at around 7-8 million. Somebody is either going to make the biggest mistake of their lives or grab themselves a bargain. Maybe it's because I've always been a punter, but my hunch is the latter. Defoe or Bellamy for 3 or 4 million less? Hmmmmmmm.

Spot on Mick, i really think he would be ideal with the style of play we adopt at the moment, and would be a great foil for Crouch.
His goals last week as you said were world class, and he also scored 2 equally as good a few weeks earlier.
Whats struck me about these goals is the variety he scores from total different positions and seems to be just as good with either foot.
Not sure what his heading is like but with Crouchy there he wouldnt need to be winning headers.
If we could get him for 8 million i would take him definately.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:53 pm

Any updates on the situation with this guy Aurelio? Been doin a bit of research and he hasn't played much football over the past 4 seasons. I made the assumption that he had all but signed. Not heard anything for ages though!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Gaunt » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:21 pm

From what i read in the papers over the last couple of days Bigmick and Ace Bellamy has a getout clause of £6mil. He would definitely be worth a shot at that price. With Rafas man management skills that side of him that is a ponce could be handled maybe.. 

Although the article said Middlesborough were the ones wanting to buy him. It was in todays Mirror i think.
Gaunt

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am

Anybody notice that last week Rafa (on sky) said something about wanting his transfer deals to be  "concluded before the world cup as it might be cheaper ." :D 

If thats the case ,the next 6 weeks or so are going to be of major interest to us all .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:54 am

Gaunt wrote:From what i read in the papers over the last couple of days Bigmick and Ace Bellamy has a getout clause of £6mil. He would definitely be worth a shot at that price. With Rafas man management skills that side of him that is a ponce could be handled maybe.. 

Although the article said Middlesborough were the ones wanting to buy him. It was in todays Mirror i think.

It was in yesterdays Mirror about Boro being in for him yeah mate.
6 million would be a snip i think, i really am not bothered about his reputation, if he was lucky enough to be given a chance at Liverpool i am sure he would realise its his last big chance at playing on the biggest stage in football regulaly eg the champions league.
He could be an absolutely fantastic signing and would offer something totally different to our attack.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:51 pm

He is a tw@t but if Rafa goes after him I will trust his judgement. After all he (Rafa) has done not too bad a job so far. :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:53 pm

Oh....I almost forgot.....answering my own question here - read today that Aurelio is expected to tie up his pre-contract agreement very soon (i.e. this week).

I can see Rafa getting his way thie transfer window and us being very active before the world cup. Would be great going to the World Cup knowing who we had in place. Means we can sit back and enjoy the World Cup.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:00 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Means we can sit back and enjoy the World Cup.

Especally if our new signings were in it and having a blinder .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:29 pm

Exactly woof woof  :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:38 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:One things for sure....we won't get a right midfielder in the summer!!!  :laugh:

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D
82-1074641017

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:52 am

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Yes indeed. Welcome to the WWF

Well picked up on Roberts.

At the time I was frustrated at our lack of activity. Having targetted and chased several RH Midfield players I was growing increasingly frustrated at Rafa and the board.

However; my thoughts have now changed as, in Steven Gerrard, we have the best RH Midfielder in britain!!  :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill