Who will we buy in the summer - Just thought i would get in first

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:41 am

Not so much "who will we buy in the summer" but "who should we buy in the summer"....

Only saw highlights on last nights game but I was massively impressed with Stewart Downing. He looks a great BRITISH prospect. I am all for bringing in the quality overseas players but this guy Downing would be a great asset to the squad.

People will come back and say why when we have Gonzales, Kewell etc but I think we should go out and get Downing. Afterall you can't have too much quality!! :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:01 am

Choggerz wrote:kuyt, henrik larsson, pennant, victor :cool:

Kuyt - not good enough... a poor mans moro.

Henrik Larsen... semi retiring at the end of thhis season. He loves barca and barca love him, but he's leaving to go home to sweden so he can be with his family
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:56 pm

Must say that I'm stunned Jimmy Bullard is apparently moving to Fulham for £2.5m. He's been outstanding for Wigan this season, and I think he'll turn out to be an absolute snip for that sum.

Wouldn't have minded us going in for him, to be honest, and when the fees that small I can't help but wonder if it's worth checking that the ink has definitely dried on the deal.

He's been quoted as saying this move represents the "next step in his career", but based on league positions, you'd have to say it looks like a move backwards. Great signing for Fulham, however.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:19 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Must say that I'm stunned Jimmy Bullard is apparently moving to Fulham for £2.5m. He's been outstanding for Wigan this season, and I think he'll turn out to be an absolute snip for that sum.

Wouldn't have minded us going in for him, to be honest, and when the fees that small I can't help but wonder if it's worth checking that the ink has definitely dried on the deal.

He's been quoted as saying this move represents the "next step in his career", but based on league positions, you'd have to say it looks like a move backwards. Great signing for Fulham, however.

So, where does this move leave Malbranque, then?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill