Summer transfers

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Atletico Madrid insist they are 'calm' over star striker Sergio Aguero's future.

Following Atletico's indifferent start to the new season, Aguero has again been linked with a move away from the Vicente Calderon.

The Argentine is said to be top of Chelsea's wanted list, but Atletico - who have already confirmed they rejected big money offers in the summer - insist they are not worried about the constant links.

"We are calm about the future of Kun Aguero," a spokesman told skysports.com.

Atletico are understood to be preparing a new contract offer for Aguero, who has two-and-a-half-years left on his current deal.

Chelsea are currently banned from registering new players in the next two transfer windows, but are hoping to have the punishment suspended pending their appeal.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Waldo wrote:BBC Rumourmill

Rumoured to be after Valencia's Juan Mata in the summer for £16.5m. Left winger. Don't know much about him but maybe a swap deal with Riera or Babel (surely one of them would need to go) and possibly a younger/cheaper option to David Silva?

Mata is yesterday's news, now the new thing in town in Valencia is Pablo Hernandez (although he is 3 years older).  I would take almost any attacking player off Valencia for the right price.
JoeTerp

Postby red_guy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:00 am

JoeTerp wrote:

Rumoured to be after Valencia's Juan Mata in the summer for £16.5m. Left winger. Don't know much about him but maybe a swap deal with Riera or Babel (surely one of them would need to go) and possibly a younger/cheaper option to David Silva?

Mata is yesterday's news, now the new thing in town in Valencia is Pablo Hernandez (although he is 3 years older).  I would take almost any attacking player off Valencia for the right price.

Yup , that's right..Pablo hernandez. If i'm not mistaken, joaquin was demoted to the bench because of this guy...btw, is he the product of Valencia or they signed him from somewhere? Anyway, if we're really getting Juan Mata, it would be a massive boost to the team..
Last edited by red_guy on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:34 am

red_guy wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

Yup , that's right..Pablo hernandez. If i'm not mistaken, joaquin was demoted to the bench because of this guy...btw, is he the product of Valencia or they signed him from somewhere? Anyway, if we're really getting Juan Mata, it would be a massive boost to the team..

Only "slight" problem is where do we find the £16.5m to buy the kid  :sniffle
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:43 pm

red_guy wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

I think he is both.

Born in Castellon, which is part of the Valencian community,  was signed by Valencia in 2003, sold to Getafe in 07, then bought back after one year
JoeTerp

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Is Aguero actually any good? Everytime I've seen him play he's looked rather weak or not been in the game at all...
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:Is Aguero actually any good? Everytime I've seen him play he's looked rather weak or not been in the game at all...

He's kwalitee.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Aguero, like Nando has a knack for sometimes being out of a game for 65 minutes and then turning it on like a switch and scoring a goal out of nothing.  He is tenacious, quick, very good shot that he can put curl on and place in the corners, pretty good in build up play as well. Also, still very young.  Although he isn't very tall, he does have sort of a stocky build, so I don't think he would be pushed around easily.  I think he is sort of like a Tevez, but with more skill.
JoeTerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:40 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Aguero, like Nando has a knack for sometimes being out of a game for 65 minutes and then turning it on like a switch and scoring a goal out of nothing.  He is tenacious, quick, very good shot that he can put curl on and place in the corners, pretty good in build up play as well. Also, still very young.  Although he isn't very tall, he does have sort of a stocky build, so I don't think he would be pushed around easily.  I think he is sort of like a Tevez, but with more skill.

Jesus, mate - have you been stalking him ? What colour are his stools ?  :lookaround
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fauxy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Id be happy if we got Mata and that Koman kid this summer.

Only thing is.. would Valencia want to go ahead with a swap deal ? They are in debt and need money more than players.

Koman would cost 4 mill which we can get out of either Voronin or Dossena and I would swap Babel or Riera with Mata anyday. And Mata can also play up front so backup for Torres!
Fauxy

Postby europian-kings » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Liverpool are favourites to land £10m-rated Upson and that could help the Hammers fund a deal to sign Bordeaux's Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh.

Meanwhile, Liverpool will sell Ryan Babel to Ajax if they get £6m for the Dutch striker to help fund a new deal for keeper Pepe Reina.

Roma full-back John Arne Riise has issued a come-and-get-me plea to former club Liverpool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....393.stm
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:27 am

Upson would be a top signing IMHO. He forms part of the "pull the rug" theory, which out of all the excuses/reasons put forward for some of our problems is by far the most plausible. He's a good centre half though, better IMHO than any of ours in a defensive sense and although not as good a footballer as Agger, is no mug either.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 am

bigmick wrote:Upson would be a top signing IMHO. He forms part of the "pull the rug" theory, which out of all the excuses/reasons put forward for some of our problems is by far the most plausible. He's a good centre half though, better IMHO than any of ours in a defensive sense and although not as good a footballer as Agger, is no mug either.

Won't happen mick...we just don't have the money. Anyway, i'll definitely welcome Riise back and put him on the left midfield.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:32 pm

europian-kings wrote:Meanwhile, Liverpool will sell Ryan Babel to Ajax if they get £6m for the Dutch striker to help fund a new deal for keeper Pepe Reina.

If that is true... how feckin pathetic are our owners?  This kind of sell to keep our other players is basicall unheard of for other bigger teams... :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Benni McCarthy wants to leave Blackburn. he will be a good option.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill