Robbie keane

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:18 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:the only news of this im hearing is from this thread. other then that its the usual mocking of ''u have no money'' by manure fans. :(

I posted a rumour a while back that Rafa was to get a £20million transfer kitty yesterday or today, hopefully its true and we will see some real activity with Barry and Keane now. Or if Alonso does go maybe someone really special as well :D
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:39 pm

s@int wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the only news of this im hearing is from this thread. other then that its the usual mocking of ''u have no money'' by manure fans. :(

I posted a rumour a while back that Rafa was to get a £20million transfer kitty yesterday or today, hopefully its true and we will see some real activity with Barry and Keane now. Or if Alonso does go maybe someone really special as well :D

I said before he was getting an extra 20m, I dont know were I posted it

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:56 pm

I have no idea where I posted it mate, but heres the pm I sent to someone a while before.

Posted: July 07 2008,14:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (s@int @ July 07 2008,14:49)
Have you any idea when we receive payments for CL and also Prem tv money?

Reason I am asking is I have heard we will be getting £20million transfer funds on the 26th of July, and I honestly can't see H&G putting their hands in their pockets, so they are my only ideas where it could be coming from...... if its true?

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:06 pm

s@int wrote:Or if Alonso does go maybe someone really special as well :D

i'd hope its silva :D
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:35 pm

s@int wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
s@int wrote:Whether its tomorrow or Monday it sounds like its a done deal now mate  :buttrock

TFFT

Thank fk for that  :D

indeed TFFT saint .now we can move on to our next target ,whomever that is. Hopefully a winger.

What does TFFT mean?

:D Oh ive never been good with these abreviations, ive been typing TBO instead of TBH this past couple days, dont know why.  :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:50 pm

If Villa signs for Spurs he'll be playing for the mancs or Chelsea within a couple years.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Rush Job wrote:
s@int wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
s@int wrote:Whether its tomorrow or Monday it sounds like its a done deal now mate  :buttrock

TFFT

indeed TFFT saint .now we can move on to our next target ,whomever that is. Hopefully a winger.

What does TFFT mean?

:D Oh ive never been good with these abreviations, ive been typing TBO instead of TBH this past couple days, dont know why.  :D

Just tell them it means "To Be Objective" Rushie :D

Postby metalhead » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:07 am

s@int wrote:I have no idea where I posted it mate, but heres the pm I sent to someone a while before.

Posted: July 07 2008,14:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (s@int @ July 07 2008,14:49)
Have you any idea when we receive payments for CL and also Prem tv money?

Reason I am asking is I have heard we will be getting £20million transfer funds on the 26th of July, and I honestly can't see H&G putting their hands in their pockets, so they are my only ideas where it could be coming from...... if its true?

I dont know which topic i posted it in, maybe in the transfer rumors, but I recall saying the samething, because we got champions league money.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:20 am

andy_g wrote:i like keane a lot but i'll be gutted if our signing him allows someone else to get villa.

exactly how i feel
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:13 am

I don't know how good this source is, but apparently it's a done deal.

---------

Keane pockets €25m windfall in Anfield move

By DUNCAN WHITE

Sunday July 27 2008

LIVERPOOL have agreed to sign Robbie Keane from Tottenham, with the Irish international striker ready to be unveiled at Anfield this week.

The clubs negotiated an £18m fee yesterday, while Keane, 28, has agreed to sign a five-year deal believed to be worth £80,000 a week.

Keane will travel to Anfield tomorrow for his medical, allowing Liverpool to unveil the player before the squad flies out to Spain for pre-season games on Tuesday.

Rafael Benitez, the Liverpool manager, was busy finalising the deal over the past two days and has secured the striker he believes has the "game intelligence" to best complement the talents of top-scorer Fernando Torres.

The deal had hit problems in the early stages after the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy reported Liverpool to the Premier League for making their interest in Keane public. Neither Liverpool nor Tottenham were willing to make official comment on the deal last night.

For Keane it represents the opportunity to play for the club he supported as a boy and compete in the Champions League.

The move to Anfield is the fifth big transfer of his career, having previously played for Wolves, Coventry, Inter Milan and Leeds, and the Dubliner has now commanded fees totalling an astonishing £56m.

With Manchester United finalising their £35m British record signing of Carlos Tevez, the top clubs in the Premier League are finally making their much-anticipated moves in the transfer market, with a summer of record spending in prospect.

The sale of Keane frees up Spurs to pursue David Villa. The Spanish striker's agent, Jose Luis Tamargo, has invited the club to follow up their preliminary interest.

"David likes London and likes how Tottenham play with Juande Ramos," Tamargo said. "This is a club that excites him."

Valencia had claimed they were unwilling to sell Villa after his heroics for Spain at Euro 2008 but their stance softened last week and they will listen to offers of £25m for the player.

- DUNCAN WHITE

http://www.independent.ie/sport....73.html
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:43 am

Rush Job wrote:If Villa signs for Spurs he'll be playing for the mancs or Chelsea within a couple years.

or he could "pull a keano" and join us
JoeTerp

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Why is has this thread been moved to the rumour mill, as it seems he is destined to sign?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:08 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:Why is has this thread been moved to the rumour mill, as it seems he is destined to sign?

Cause until he signs it is still a rumour! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Welcome Robbie Keane 

:eyebrow
Doeboy

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:06 pm

For £5million extra I would take Villa over Keane in a heartbeat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill