Robbie keane

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Have got some info from my source. We have indeed enquired about Robbie Keane. Spurs are not interested in selling. Although Keane is very happy at Spurs but his head has been turned by our interest. I don't think it is likely to happen as Spurs will price him out of a move however if he kicks up a stink the situation may well develop
Doeboy

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Take him. Crouch swap deal looks like it's a go-er!

Why would Keane not want to play CL football?? ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Update - This is lookly very likely now. Crouch going to them and some cash. Torres and Keane, I think it will be a hit.
Doeboy

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 pm

Keane is a striker that would compliment torres very well , hard worker , gets the goals and can also create . Swapping Crouch and some cash looks very worth it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Keane is a striker that would compliment torres very well , hard worker , gets the goals and can also create . Swapping Crouch and some cash looks very worth it

If we get Keane, Barry and Bentley and the shopping stops at that then we'll have had a VERY productive summer in the transfer window.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:30 am

we wont get bentley, hes gone to spurs, Just bought a house in London
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:48 am

Keane stuns Spurs with transfer demand: Liverpool set to offer Crouch and £5m for striker

By JOHN EDWARDS AND NEIL ASHTON
Last updated at 12:43 AM on 01st July 2008

* commentsComments (0)
    * Add to My Stories Add to My Stories

Robbie Keane

Demand: Robbie Keane

Robbie Keane stunned Tottenham by telling them he wants to leave.

Sportsmail can reveal that Republic of Ireland striker Keane delivered his shock transfer demand after learning Liverpool had lodged a player-plus-cash bid for him on Friday.

More...

* Spurs star Huddlestone signs five-year deal to stay at White Hart Lane
    * Comolli coup as Spurs secure keeper Ranieri

The 28-year-old came out of a meeting at White Hart Lane having left club officials in little doubt about his eagerness to play for his boyhood idols.

Anfield manager Rafa Benitez sees Keane as the ideal strike partner for Euro 2008 match-winner Fernando Torres and is prepared to part with Peter Crouch and around £5million to make it happen.

As with his pursuit of Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, though, Benitez is going to have to dig deeper after Tottenham rejected his initial offer and placed a £20m valuation on Keane.

Keane's desire to get away from Spurs is a bigger shock. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard and long-serving centre back Jamie Carragher are both friends of the Irishman, who could be one of three strikers to leave Tottenham should the deal go through.

Spurs manager Juande Ramos knows Dimitar Berbatov is unsettled and he is also exploring ways of offloading Darren Bent. Apart from having to increase the cash adjustment, Benitez may also struggle to talk Crouch into being part of the package as the England striker still wishes to join Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth.

Villa confirmed that Barry can move to Anfield, provided Liverpool match their £18m price.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:01 am

He is a good player keane, but is he the one we are looking for to partner torres? Maybe, not sure yet.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:52 am

Crouch AND 5mil? phew, dont fancy that one myself

What is with all the british links this summer, barry, keane, milner, bentley etc. I dont particularly want any of them, i guess its with this stupid homegrown players rule though
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:36 am

If this rule is about to go into effect, then why don't other clubs start grabbing up homegrown players?  I think that the reason we are linked with these type of targets is because Rafa is looking to buy players who have premiership experience.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:21 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:If this rule is about to go into effect, then why don't other clubs start grabbing up homegrown players?  I think that the reason we are linked with these type of targets is because Rafa is looking to buy players who have premiership experience.

Good point
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:25 am

IMO, I prefer Berbatov to Keane if we're looking a partner for Torres... and to give spurs 5 million + Crouch is a bit too much, it should be a straight swap. 5 million + Crouch should be for Berbatov...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:50 am

Crouch only has one year on his contract left and barely plays for us, where is this perceived value coming from? Crouch just had a bid put in for 9.  Keane is def worth a lot more than 14, so Spurs are giving is much better value that Pompey was, that is if this has any truth behind it.
JoeTerp

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:15 am

JoeTerp wrote:Crouch only has one year on his contract left and barely plays for us, where is this perceived value coming from? Crouch just had a bid put in for 9.  Keane is def worth a lot more than 14, so Spurs are giving is much better value that Pompey was, that is if this has any truth behind it.

Keane worth a lot more than 14? not sure about that, f.uckin hell values are skyrocketing
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:12 am

Keane Demands Liverpool Switch - Report

Tottenham Hotspur striker Robbie Keane has reportedly pulled a Gareth Barry by demanding he be transferred to Liverpool…
The Sun claims that Keane has told Spurs boss Juande Ramos he wants to leave, just days after Barry publicly announced his desire to quit Aston Villa in favour of the Reds.

The Merseyside giants have been linked on and off with the Irish hitman over the past few seasons, though never with any great conviction.

However, recent developments and the current circumstances of both clubs suggest the speculation may be more concrete this time around.

Rafa Benitez is keen to increase his attacking options over the summer to accommodate his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, especially given the likely departure of unsettled target-man Peter Crouch.

Hence, the Spaniard has reportedly offered the England international to the Lilywhites in a part player-exchange valued at around ₤20million, which would see Keane make the switch to Anfield.

Ramos will not let half of his star strike-duo leave so easily, however, especially given the other half – Dimitar Berbatov – is also intent on exiting White Hart Lane.

The pair have tallied an impressive 91 goals in their two seasons together, establishing themselves as arguably the Premier League’s most lethal goal-scoring partnership.

And so if one leaves in search of Champions League football, it is quite likely that the other may wish to follow – which would explain Ramos’ reluctance to sell ₤16million flop Darren Bent.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill