Robbie keane - Could be off to celtic

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 am

Saw on the BBC website a rumour he could be off to Celtic, if Celtic are going to buy him he must be going cheap. I wouldn't mind having him back at Anfield for a couple of mill
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 am

Never going to happen...
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:23 am

Finally he has found a team according to his quality, I think he will fit well there, lots of passion, little quality, and losing 4-0 against teams that are better skilled.

Congratulations Keane!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Sabre wrote:Finally he has found a team according to his quality, I think he will fit well there, lots of passion, little quality, and losing 4-0 against teams that are better skilled.

Congratulations Keane!

Sabre i dont get this post at all.

Are you saying that Keane is a poor player ?
Celtic are a poor side ?

Or both ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Waldo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Only way Keane will go to Celtic is if this is sanctioned by Dermot Desmond (one of Celtic's major money men) and given how tight he has been of late (OK, Celtic fans will argue they are sound financially / but at the expense of success on the pitch) I can't see this happening.

He would score goals for fun in the SPL!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Sabre wrote:Finally he has found a team according to his quality, I think he will fit well there, lots of passion, little quality, and losing 4-0 against teams that are better skilled.

Congratulations Keane!

Celtic are a poor side ?

Or both ?

both are pretty average. It makes me laugh when Celtic and Rangers say they want to join the premier league, they wouldn't win anything.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:17 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

Congratulations Keane!

Celtic are a poor side ?

Or both ?

both are pretty average. It makes me laugh when Celtic and Rangers say they want to join the premier league, they wouldn't win anything.

Not initially, but given time in the league they could possibly attract better players if they were in our league.
They obviously both have massive fan bases and would benefit from the extra revenue from SKY as well.

Within about 2-3 seasons i think they could be challenging for the top 4 possibly.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby puroresu » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

Congratulations Keane!

Celtic are a poor side ?

Or both ?

Well celtic with there worldwide fanbase would get plenty of investment.  If rich mad Arabs were ready to pump money into Man City then u can gurantee similar figures would want to buy Celtic.  It really wouldnt take them long to start competing as they would be buying quality players.

Not forgetting that if Celtic were in the EPL within 10-15 years Ireland would be Celtic crazy. 

Cant see Keane going unless Desmond is ready to pay his wages out of his own pocket.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:30 pm

puroresu wrote:Not forgetting that if Celtic were in the EPL within 10-15 years Ireland would be Celtic crazy. 

Many already are.

Keane coming back here is a non-starter. Not gonna happen, nor should it after his disastrous spell with us.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

Congratulations Keane!

Celtic are a poor side ?

Or both ?

It's a bitter post Ben.

For me Keane didn't only let down Rafa when he left the club so early, he also let down the club and I don't think I can forgive him.

I don't feel the same thing for Bellamy or Crouch for instance, I never felt as if they didn't care about playing for Liverpool, it always looked to me as if Keane, only thought in himself.

That, and the fact that I expected a lot of him (If you look at my posts about his football you'll see little stick), left me a very bitter taste concerning Keane.

IMHO you can dislike Rafa, you won't be the first nor the last player to dislike Rafa. But if you reach to play for Liverpool, you can't want to fúck off so soon out of that club. I don't know if I've explained my bitterness.

I normally wish the best for players who served Liverpool well and left (Hamman, Crouch, Bellamy, Hyypiia)

But in some cases I feel bitter (Alonso) or very bitter (Keane) about how they left.

No offence meant to Celtic really. I like them in fact, but they're not a top european club, and I felt as if Keane thought he was of himself very good.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Sabre i don't think he had a choice , he knew rafa didn't rate him , constantly played him as a lone striker when clearly he can't play as that , that is why his performances were poor. However when paired with torres i think he got something like 8 goals and 5 assists when he left us , which is pretty decent for half a season , considering half the time he was being played wrong. I liked keane and its sad that after his spell with us , he isn't the same player as he was before at spurs
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Yes, let's concede all that and let's assume Rafa's a tough guy to get on with. Alonso's father told me that for instance, he said Benitez is buggering you all the day with things to correct.

But even if everything you say is right, imagine you're Keane. You got a bugging, annoying Spaniard ok. But you're also in Liverpool. With a serious chance to win a league title and do something important in the champions league. I really don't understand a professional player that quits from all that competition to go back to a lesser club. For me it was quite unprecedented, and Rafa hasn't been the only "difficult personality" manager in football.

Look Alonso, obviously he didn't get on with Rafa, and probably had as many reasons as Keane to be fed up of Rafa, but he competed well all the season.

That is to say, granted what you say is true, I think Keane could have done a little bit better to focus on his game, and trying to compete for the objectives. In a season in which we were so close, it's my opinion that a more involved Keane (even if he disliked the manager) could have been the difference.

I don't buy the theory that some fellow reds defend that actually it's a good thing he left in mid season and results prove that. I think Keane was sat down eventually when he wasn't performing well, but I think he could have come back to a good form, like other players. I expected a lot of him, and I expected him to be more professional to leave aside his personal dislikes to Rafa.

I don't buy neither the theory that Rafa didn't want him. Probably he didn't want to spend so much in only him, but I'm sure he wanted him. He played far too much Keane at the beginning to think otherwise.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:35 am

Sabre, Gerrard once tried to get out of the club because he felt that the club doesn't want him anymore and that's Gerrard, our captain. If gerrard can feel that way, of course it's easier for Keane to feel unappreciated especially the way rafa treated him. As for me , i won't blame him for going back to Spurs.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:56 am

Sabre wrote:Yes, let's concede all that and let's assume Rafa's a tough guy to get on with. Alonso's father told me that for instance, he said Benitez is buggering you all the day with things to correct.

But even if everything you say is right, imagine you're Keane. You got a buggering, annoying Spaniard ok. But you're also in Liverpool. With a serious chance to win a league title and do something important in the champions league. I really don't understand a professional player that quits from all that competition to go back to a lesser club. For me it was quite unprecedented, and Rafa hasn't been the only "difficult personality" manager in football.

Look Alonso, obviously he didn't get on with Rafa, and probably had as many reasons as Keane to be fed up of Rafa, but he competed well all the season.

That is to say, granted what you say is true, I think Keane could have done a little bit better to focus on his game, and trying to compete for the objectives. In a season in which we were so close, it's my opinion that a more involved Keane (even if he disliked the manager) could have been the difference.

I don't buy the theory that some fellow reds defend that actually it's a good thing he left in mid season and results prove that. I think Keane was sat down eventually when he wasn't performing well, but I think he could have come back to a good form, like other players. I expected a lot of him, and I expected him to be more professional to leave aside his personal dislikes to Rafa.

I don't buy neither the theory that Rafa didn't want him. Probably he didn't want to spend so much in only him, but I'm sure he wanted him. He played far too much Keane at the beginning to think otherwise.

Sabre, FYI....
Replace "buggering" with "bugging".....the latter means 'annoying, irritating etc.' - the former means taking it up the er.se....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:37 am

Ooops. Cheers Bunglemark.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill