Fulham transfer list steed

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Sat May 13, 2006 1:35 pm

I couldn't find a thread on steed in this forum (the rumor threads) but look what sky sports said today

-------------
Fulham have placed Steed Malbranque on the transfer list after he turned down a new deal at the club.

The skilful midfielder has been locked in talks with Fulham officials for some time over his future, but without any success.

Fulham were keen to tie him down to a new long-term deal with his current contract due to expire in 2007.

The West London claim they have made Malbranque the best offer in the club's history to keep him at Craven Cottage, but the Frenchman has rejected the offer.

Malbranque told the club he was happy to see out his contract leaving the club with no choice but to try and sell him rather than risk losing him for nothing when his contract expires.

A club statement posted on the official website read: "Fulham Football Club began its negotiations to renew the contract of Steed Malbranque in the summer of 2005.

"After protracted discussions an offer was made to the player and his agents at the beginning of May which amounted to the most significant financial package in the club's history.

"Unfortunately Steed Malbranque has not accepted this offer and has in fact indicated that no offer would be acceptable at this stage as he would like to leave Fulham next summer on a free transfer.

"This is obviously a situation that has clear financial implications and would be unacceptable to the club, especially as its position is to aim for a top 10 finish in the forthcoming season.

"Therefore the manager (Chris Coleman), with the support of the chairman (Mohamed Al Fayed) and the board, is actively seeking a replacement for Steed Malbranque for the 2006-07 season and the club will listen to offers from all clubs for Steed's immediate transfer."

The news is sure to alert a number of clubs in The Premiership with Malbranque proving himself to be one of the best players in the league over the last few seasons.

from SSN

Source

--------------------

Well he is transfer listed and he has premiership experience and is a quality right winger! If Rafa is interested then we could snatch him for about 2m

Any thoughts?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 14, 2006 3:42 am

Steve mcmahon said (in ESPN) also mentioned this fact and that we should sign him.......

I would be happy if we sign Malbranque. He is proven in the premiership.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 73-1141222089 » Sun May 14, 2006 7:06 am

I think he's good too...... he'd give us a pretty good alternative down the right flank.....

The lad can play.... don't know if Rafa rates him though as he has been a little erratic from time to time
73-1141222089

Postby PCG77 » Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 am

we have been linked to him a number of times in the past
PCG77

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:31 am

Proven. High Class. And probably quite cheap. I'd take him in a second.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby -Rafa- » Sun May 14, 2006 11:44 am

Agreed, Fulham would want to take the best offer they could so they do actually get some money from the transfer
-Rafa-

Postby 2520years » Sun May 14, 2006 4:05 pm

He played well at Anfield this season, even though his team got hammered.  I'd have him, he's certainly up to our standard.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby H_K_LFC » Sun May 14, 2006 5:27 pm

Can't see where he would play.He wouldn't be played instead of Momo or Xabi and with Gonzalez coming and Zenden on the mend can't see any use for him.
Although he is a decent player who a wouldn't mind seeing at Anfield.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 14, 2006 6:11 pm

Can't see where he would play.He wouldn't be played instead of Momo or Xabi and with Gonzalez coming and Zenden on the mend can't see any use for him.
Although he is a decent player who a wouldn't mind seeing at Anfield.

He's played on the right flank from time to time for Fulham. Still, I would prefer a natural right winger.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Keris » Mon May 15, 2006 4:13 am

I see him more of a center midfield player rather than a right winger. And liverpool has already packed its center midfield area.

I rather see RB go for a more natural winger instead. :)
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby -Rafa- » Mon May 15, 2006 1:04 pm

Can't see Steed moving to us know, wuutg Benoyean supposedly coming to us, Yossi is a natural right winger would be more use then Steed
-Rafa-

Return to The Rumour Mill