Owen - Dont shoot me

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Lost his spice if you ask me. He will have to ply his trade in the lesser clubs in the world.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:Lost his spice if you ask me. He will have to ply his trade in the lesser clubs in the world.

Small clubs you mean ??   :eyebrow   :p
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue May 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Someone's going to get an absolute bargain with him this summer. I'd personally like it to be us. People go on about there being no room for sentiment in football - if that's the case, there probably shouldn't be any room for grudges if his signing was for the good of the team.
ivor_the_injun

Postby redmikey » Thu May 15, 2008 11:21 am

for the goals he would defo get 6 mill or less would be a steal,  also the shout for milner is a good one as the lad is top draw and would settle in dirk position with ease
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Almighty Red » Thu May 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Milner certainly has promise. He looked class for the U21 team against... Ireland, I think it was.
Almighty Red

Postby neil » Thu May 15, 2008 4:25 pm

he wants to come back to further his england chances under capello, his last world cup is on the horizon. We need youth upfront.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu May 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Owen's yesterdays news move on, we dont need him there are better out there waitng to be given a chance it's just a matter
of how hard and how far you search.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Owen shows Newcastle where his priorities lie... (from SSN)

Michael Owen is optimistic he can reach the 100 caps mark and break Sir Bobby Charlton's goalscoring record for England.

The 28-year-old is 11 caps shy of the 100 mark and is nine goals behind Charlton's record of 49 goals for his country.

Arguably only for injury, Owen could be even closer to both targets, with a series of setbacks sidelining the Newcastle hit-man for lengthy periods.

Owen admits it is a target to join team-mate David Beckham in winning 100 caps and become his country's all-time top scorer, but he concedes he must stay fit and in form if he is to achieve the two milestones.

"Well obviously it would be a very proud [moment] if I was ever lucky enough to get it [100 caps]," Owen told skysports.com in an exclusive interview.

"The two elements are staying fit and being in good form and if you do them two, then I would be hopeful one day I can get it.

"It sounds nothing - 11 caps to go - but at international level that is either a year-and-a-half or two years so it isn't easy and that puts David's 100 caps and achievement into perspective. He has been fantastic."

Turning his attentions to the goalscoring record, Owen added: "Again it is something that is a long way off, but being on 40, although I wouldn't say it is an easy target, realistically there is a chance if I play regularly over the next two or three years. There is half a chance that I could get close to it.

Achievable

"It's quite a tough one but maybe achievable.

"They almost interlink [caps and goals] if I can stay fit and stay in the team and play well I might have a chance.

Owen will be looking to add to his goalscoring tally this summer when England face the USA and Trinidad & Tobago in friendlies on 28th May and 1st June respectively. They are two countries Owen has yet to find the net against and it is something he is keen to put right.

"I have played against Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup and I have not scored against them and I have played against America," added Owen.

"It is obviously great to look back on your career and go through all the countries you have played against and if you are lucky enough to have scored against them.

"They are good games and as a striker you always go into those matches looking to score and almost complete the set."
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Owen only cares about Michael Owen....be interesting to see how this summer pans out.  Newcastle are the situation we were in 4 years ago, with Owen only having 13 months left on his deal....will he sign a new one?  or will he screw them like he did us?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 pm

s@int wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:He's never coming back.

LFC needs to move on. He owes Newcastle a lot.

Hope that doesn't apply to Hicks and Gillett or we will never get shut of them  :D

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:29 pm

i know im gonna get shot for bumping this back up the page, but iv got a real feeling Mo will be a liverpool player either end of the season or jan,

he is a free agent and is allowed to talk to other clubs in jan

he still lives up hear and i can only see him going to everton or liverpool and i think the likes of stevie and carra will make this happen,

i know alot of people hate him but can u name me one striker in the world at Mo calibre you can get for free and dont say hesky
kopite_1232002

Postby t-h-o-m » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:55 pm

would be a great backup striker i think
t-h-o-m

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Only if he comes on a free transfer and pay as you play wages, meaning he would get next to nothing if he was injured.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:35 pm

i think he would settle for a low wage at liverpool, its not like he needs the money he woucld of been on a fair wack at madrid and the toon offerd him a fortune to go up there

i really do think he will be back id bet that he will leave newcastle, i only see him staying if alan s takes over or keegan goes back,

But what a player to have in your squad for free even if he is only fit for half a season.

Dont forget he is only 28
kopite_1232002

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Michael feels that he has a lot to prove to Liverpool fans, and would be a very good signing. I would pay 5 mil for him in jan.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill