Owen - Dont shoot me

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:47 pm

What odds can you get on Michael Owen signing for Manchester City this summer?

Can anyone (Dawson) enlighten me?
jonnymac1979

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I would say signing owen would be better than having voronin, kuyt and crouch.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:57 am

NOT AGAIN fuuuuuuuuckin hell hes gone get over it
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:35 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:I can't see it happening myself anymore.  I don't think he'll ever play for us again.

Injury prone or not, I'd have him back in a heartbeat though if we showed any concrete interest in him.  He's deadly.  The movement for his headed goal against Sunderland was top class.  He also showed some pace for a 28 year old player who plys his trade a lot deeper these days. 

At one point in the second half he went past a defender the way Torres does when he makes it look easy (think Torres vs Ben Haim at Anfield) and put a decent cross over with his left foot which nearly led to a scoring opportunity.

I'm of the opinion that Michael Owen is not quite as finished as everyone would like to think, and if we could get him for a steal, I'd have him back no problem.

Regarding the Voronin comments and the general opinion that you 'need' four top class strikers to compete, I would say that it's a no-brainer to show interest in an available Michael Owen.  Whether Rafa thinks so is another matter altogether.

:nod
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:28 am

What a load of b0ll.ox Owen can do one i want the club to move on and so must we.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:52 pm

The only call he´s going to get from Liverpool is from his mam.

Rafa has set our course and we will continue to buy in up and coming lads for tomorrow, not lads over the hill.

The only exception would be to buy Thierry Henry who I think we defo add some spice and options to the team.

Henry or Owen? To me its a no-brainer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:58 pm

On the Henry question, I was reading an article this morning which basically says he was a physical wreck when he signed for Barca, and could only pass a partial medical. Maybe Henry would be no fitter and no less a gamble than Owen (Henry is older too )Link to Henry article bbc
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 13, 2008 12:49 pm

the same Japanese club that just signed Alex Miller is also after Owen
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Tue May 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Now we´ll see the extent Own is addicted to money. That team have just been relegated havent they?

Why would a lad want to go all the way to Japan to play in a waste of time league ina  different culture with no connections to the UK?
If he goes then it simply confirms he left Liverpool for money and played for RM and Newcastle simply because they offered the most.

Mikey is going to end his career a rich man and with one FA Cup winners medal to show for all his wasted talent.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 13, 2008 1:31 pm

I think Owen will stay in the prem, possibly even returning to Anfield if the price is right. ffs if we are willing to swop Riise for Milner, maybe we could swop Pennant for Owen.

We would then have a decent player for when Torres needs a rest/injured etc, maybe even someone who could play alongside Torres. Everyone seems to think that Babel is going to magically transform himself into a World class striker next season........ I don't! I think if he plays there next season we will need to be very patient (in other words we will drop points!) while he adapts .

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:36 pm

I'd take him back for anything less than £8m.

I still consider him a bit of a twunt for leaving us in the first place, but such is our need for quality I think he'd be a worthwhile buy - only within the stated parameter.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Tue May 13, 2008 1:43 pm

I wouldn't want owen back, lost too much respect for the player, snubbed us twice.

I would rather go for someone else
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 13, 2008 1:47 pm

metalhead wrote:I wouldn't want owen back, lost too much respect for the player, snubbed us twice.

I would rather go for someone else

If you can suggest a top quality striker we can get for a similar price Metalhead I would agree mate.

Postby kophero8 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Owen was my first footballing hero and i would love to see him wear that red shirt again and he will score goals
kophero8

Postby Reg » Tue May 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Robbie came back because Rafa used his reputation to gel the club, it was as much a political signing as a player signing and was successful.

He doesnt need to make such a transfer buy again, he´s got a very forward looking policy on young lad buys and first teamers who will create the team for the future so Owen wouldnt fit into that strategy nor do I suspect, would he fit into the changing room hiarachy (:cool:  cant spell that bl**dy word) bringing in someone from the past and pushing him straight into the first team. Let him follow Robbie to Cit-eh.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill