Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LittleHobo » Wed May 30, 2007 4:57 pm

apparantly hes up for a medical soon

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2090931,00.html

personally i think hes alright, was very good in the world cup

has pace, good attacking mid, hes a french international and plays most games so he cant be bad......left winger if i remember correctly

i would prefer us to go for a real star, but eh we need around 4 quality players for our summer budget
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Wed May 30, 2007 4:59 pm

sorry guys didnt see this in the rumour mill

mods, take this off yeah?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed May 30, 2007 5:07 pm

LittleHobo wrote:apparantly hes up for a medical soon

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2090931,00.html

personally i think hes alright, was very good in the world cup

has pace, good attacking mid, hes a french international and plays most games so he cant be bad......left winger if i remember correctly

i would prefer us to go for a real star, but eh we need around 4 quality players for our summer budget

he IS a real star....
one of the best left wingers around atm... and is relatively cheap given his abilities and that hes a key figure in the french squad !
the only out and out left wingers who are better if you ask me are Robben, Mancini, and maybe D.Silva...
out of the quartet id take mancini personally but hes way too overpriced and besides wouldnt be made available by roma..
malouda has the skills and is a decent crosser and finisher... if he can play to his bst....he'll be immense for our title challenge...
would make a great signing ... now lets sign a striker !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking if Houllier were around, he'd probably been signed already, which would not be good. From what I've seen of him this season, not good. A big NO from me, personally.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby monkey 20 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:22 pm

i think he would be a good buy at the price being mentioned...
monkey 20

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed May 30, 2007 5:24 pm

anyone got any video of him?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The_Rock » Wed May 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Just a rumour (although a strong one)...but heard that he is almost confirmed to be our 1st signing of the summer.....

Not sure of his quality though...haven't seen him play that much.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed May 30, 2007 5:44 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Hmm, I'm thinking if Houllier were around, he'd probably been signed already, which would not be good. From what I've seen of him this season, not good. A big NO from me, personally.

from what you've seen of him ?
mmm..... i cant sa i watched much of him... but...people who have said hes been very impressive this season... think i watched 3 or 4 of his games this season and iv been very impressed... he tore real madrids defence to shreds 2 times this year and was easily his clubs best player...
he won FRENCH player of the year...french ligue player of the season...lyons player of the year...which is something if you ask me.. he scored 11 goals and had more than 10 assists..
arsenal...bayern..milan..juventus...all interested in him.. if he signs for us id be delighted...
how ud say that from what uv seen of him THIS SEASON u dont rate him is beyond me... dont get me wrong hes no robben or mancini but hes a brilliant winger -who enjoyed a wonderful season- nonetheless !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed May 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:anyone got any video of him?

All i can say is remember the vids that were posted of cissie

they got my juices flowing only the be let down , like meeting a fat bird on a blind date after your mates missus has said she was fit,, damn her
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 30, 2007 5:49 pm

aCe' wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Hmm, I'm thinking if Houllier were around, he'd probably been signed already, which would not be good. From what I've seen of him this season, not good. A big NO from me, personally.

from what you've seen of him ?
mmm..... i cant sa i watched much of him... but...people who have said hes been very impressive this season... think i watched 3 or 4 of his games this season and iv been very impressed... he tore real madrids defence to shreds 2 times this year and was easily his clubs best player...
he won FRENCH player of the year...french ligue player of the season...lyons player of the year...which is something if you ask me.. he scored 11 goals and had more than 10 assists..
arsenal...bayern..milan..juventus...all interested in him.. if he signs for us id be delighted...
how ud say that from what uv seen of him THIS SEASON u dont rate him is beyond me... dont get me wrong hes no robben or mancini but hes a brilliant winger -who enjoyed a wonderful season- nonetheless !

Opps, sorry. My bad! I was thinking of another player for some reason. Kalou for Chelsea.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 30, 2007 5:53 pm

My memory might be a bit hazy but I remember I thought he played well for France during the last world cup.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 30, 2007 5:54 pm

redmikey wrote:

All i can say is remember the vids that were posted of cissie

they got my juices flowing only the be let down , like meeting a fat bird on a blind date after your mates missus has said she was fit,, damn her

Yeah but hasnt this guy already established himself on the left wing for France more than Cisse has himself at the time?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed May 30, 2007 5:55 pm

Theres a few clips of him on Youtube, nothing special really ,a couple of goals but not much else, nothing that you wouldnt find if you searched the same site for Cisse. Samir nasri would be a better buy IMO but hes more attacking midfielder than winger
destro

Postby GOAT » Wed May 30, 2007 7:10 pm

destro wrote:Samir nasri would be a better buy IMO but hes more attacking midfielder than winger

He's a hot prospect on footy manager.....  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby destro » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 pm

:D Thats good enough for me then.

Seriously he is going to be some player, ive watched him play a few times

Never played Football Manager  is it  sort of reflective of what is happening in real life football i.e young stars coming through and the way they are rated on the game, or is it just b.ollox ?
destro

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill