Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kobashi » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:36 pm

sc6po wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Does he cover the same amount of ground in a game as Momo ? i wouldnt have thought so from what i have seen.

Diarra is the lungs of the Real team.

Sometimes you do not need to run everywhere to be efficient...
Just have to be at the right place...
Diarra has got game. I have not seen Madrid's game lately, but in Lyon, Diarra was an attack breaker, and a very good passer.
Let's say he's a mix of Sissoko and Xabi Alonso
:talktothehand[/quote]
His not the lungs in the sense all he can do is run.  He is the engine of the Real Madrid side and yes his passing is good as well.

I like Tiago.  Always thought Tiago was a v good player.  His leaving Lyon isnt he?
kobashi

Postby sc6po » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:34 am

kobashi wrote:His not the lungs in the sense all he can do is run.  He is the engine of the Real Madrid side and yes his passing is good as well.

I like Tiago.  Always thought Tiago was a v good player.  His leaving Lyon isnt he?

Yes, he should be leaving.
The guy was really good, could be awesome
He's the quind of guy always available, that always give you a solution.
Obviously, a very high football IQ.
Just one thing, he dives too much...I do not know how he pefomed in England, but sometimes it seems way to much..." I protect my ball, oh...you pushed me?...Ok, I dive..."
Last edited by sc6po on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sc6po

Postby 66-1182161184 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:39 pm

My name Raul!! I dive!! :D
66-1182161184

Postby kobashi » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:00 pm

Chelsea are reportedly set to beat Liverpool to the signing of Lyon midfielder Florent Malouda.

The Frenchman has repeatedly stated his desire to move to the Premier League and Liverpool had been thought to be favourites for his signature.

However, it now appears Blues boss Jose Mourinho will make his fourth signing of the summer with Lassana Diarra moving in the opposite direction, possibly on loan, according to French radio station RMC.

Malouda said recently: "Liverpool and Chelsea have shown their interest. I don't know how it's going to end but in my head I'm going to leave (Lyon)."

He added: "At Chelsea there is Didier Drogba, as well as everybody else, but then at Liverpool, they have such a good coach and the team has played in two Champions League finals in three years.

"The most important thing for me will be the desire shown by the club. To go and play abroad, you really need to be wanted."

The fee is likely to be in the region of £17million for the 27 year-old international and if he signs he will follow the free transfer captures of Steve Sidwell, Claudio Pizarro and Tal Ben Haim at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal....ootball

Thats what happens when you try and get players on the cheap!!
kobashi

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Good riddance I say. No way paying over 15 million is sensible business with him.
A good player but not top class.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:21 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Brookside wrote:Malouda!  Yet another Slightly better than average Championsd League player!!  We need more than this fella will ever offer.

Essien was the star of Lyon - And Chelsea snapped him up.  Diarra was a poor mans Essien and he went to Madrid, and now we're linked with Malouda! 

He's not what we need IMO.  We need top quality additions, not more decent squad players.

Diarra was a poor mans essien yet ended up at Real Madrid. hmmm work that one out. Sounds to me he must be a very good poor mans essien if Real madrid were willing to pay £17 mil for his services.  Diarra is a real quality player!!!

I think he is cack tbh.

And definately a poor mans Essien.
From what i have seen Essien is better in every department.
Diarra looks steady-but extremley limited.

Diarra is another version of sissoko, but better passer.

Does he cover the same amount of ground in a game as Momo ? i wouldnt have thought so from what i have seen.

Actually.. he does in some games, but not like sissoko in most games no.

LFC2007, I disagree, Diarra has the same destructive force as sissoko.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:35 pm

IMO he has failed to make a real impact at Real Madrid, they still concede plenty of goals and he is better than what they've had in the past but I don't consider him to be as destructive as Sissoko at his best. If you compare UCL performances I think the difference is quite clear.
LFC2007

Postby matrix » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:07 am

kobashi wrote:Chelsea are reportedly set to beat Liverpool to the signing of Lyon midfielder Florent Malouda.

The Frenchman has repeatedly stated his desire to move to the Premier League and Liverpool had been thought to be favourites for his signature.

However, it now appears Blues boss Jose Mourinho will make his fourth signing of the summer with Lassana Diarra moving in the opposite direction, possibly on loan, according to French radio station RMC.

Malouda said recently: "Liverpool and Chelsea have shown their interest. I don't know how it's going to end but in my head I'm going to leave (Lyon)."

He added: "At Chelsea there is Didier Drogba, as well as everybody else, but then at Liverpool, they have such a good coach and the team has played in two Champions League finals in three years.

"The most important thing for me will be the desire shown by the club. To go and play abroad, you really need to be wanted."

The fee is likely to be in the region of £17million for the 27 year-old international and if he signs he will follow the free transfer captures of Steve Sidwell, Claudio Pizarro and Tal Ben Haim at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal....ootball

Thats what happens when you try and get players on the cheap!!

im not convinced chelsea even want malouda...

if they do its just to stop us buying him...

and maureen says chelski wont be spending...   :laugh:

as for trying to buy on the cheap,  17 million for malouda...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:25 am

itv sport  is now saying malouda will join chelski...

i have to admit i was keen on malouda joining us...

if this is true  its a massive blow for us...

in saying that  if the rumour is true  maybe we pulled out a while ago...

i would say we will go all out for the sensational left winger Mancini of roma...   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmymac » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:40 am

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472849&CPID=24&clid=143&lid=2&title=Lyon:+No+Malouda+agreement&channel=football_home&

Lyon have moved to reject suggestions of a deal with Chelsea that will see Florent Malouda head to Stamford Bridge this summer.

Jose Mourinho is an admirer of the France international winger, while fellow Premier League club Liverpool are also understood to be keen.

Malouda has stated his desire to leave Stade Gerland in the summer in search of a new challenge abroad and The Blues were reportedly close to striking a deal.

However, that is not the case, according to Lyon head of communications Olivier Blanc, who also laughed off talk of a swap involving Lassana Diarra.

Blanc insists any agreement is still some way off and that the French champions have no interest in the swap deal offered by Chelsea.

"Contrary to what I've heard, there is no agreement with Chelsea about Malouda, and absolutely nothing about a swap deal with Lassana Diarra we turned down a fortnight ago," he told French press.

Meanwhile, Blanc has revealed midfielder Tiago is set to depart Lyon, with Juventus his likely destination.

The Portuguese ace has been tracked by both Juve and Sampdoria but is expected to join the former for a fee in the region of €15million (£10million).

Blanc added: "Tiago could be the first of our players to leave this summer."

To be honest I wouldnt put any notice into what the media says at all without direct quotes from the clubs themselves, the transfer market has been relatively quiet but its the bread and butter of a lot of media places. So they fire out as much :censored: as they can in the hope something ends up right. Personally I believe nothing until, like this statement, it comes from the clubs themselvesSource
Jimmymac

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:28 pm

Lyon have rejected suggestions they have already agreed to sell Florent Malouda to Chelsea.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is an admirer of the France winger who has already indicated he wants to quit Stade Gerland.

Chelsea were reportedly on the brink of a deal with Lyon but the French club's head of communications, Olivier Blanc, insists an agreement has not been reached.

Blanc declared: 'Contrary to what I've heard, there is no agreement with Chelsea about Malouda, and absolutely nothing about a swap deal with Lassana Diarra we turned down a fortnight ago.'
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:24 pm

:censored: mourinho... just go away...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill