Florent malouda - Independent article links us

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 30, 2007 1:14 pm

puroresu wrote:His got enough pace and while I wouldnt say his super skilful with bags of tricks he does the job of getting to the byeline and supply crosses.  As a midfielder he is very good at getting in positions to score goals.  His goals contribution from midfield is excellent.  Can play LW or push him more inside.

I notice on other sites some are saying Malouda is having a medical today?

Thanks for that, as i say not sure what sort of player he is, but a goalscoring left sided player would be a huge asset.

I dont really look at other sites so havent heard anything myself, but the sooner transfers are sorted out the better.
We dont want to be missing out on potential signings through dithering like we have in the past.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed May 30, 2007 1:27 pm

I haven't seen a great deal of Malouda; but for those who have -
wouldn't you say he's just like Sylvain Wiltord?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 2:05 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
I notice on other sites some are saying Malouda is having a medical today? 

Have you got a link puroresu ?

on BBC forums thats what some people are saying but that doesnt mean anything.

Malouda is technically better than Wiltord and has a better footballing brain that Wiltord.
puroresu

Postby kobashi » Thu May 31, 2007 1:26 pm

all that £8m talk was way off the mark!

Lyon star Florent Malouda has revealed Liverpool are hoping to sign him.

The French international is seeking to leave Lyon for a new challenge with a top European side.

Malouda claims Liverpool are leading the hunt to sign him, but that there is also interest from several Spanish sides in his signature.

Liverpool are thought to be in the market for a new left-sided winger with Boudewijn Zenden and Mark Gonzalez set to move on and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is believed to have made Malouda his top target.

Malouda says he would be interested in a possible move to Liverpool and he is hoping to have his future resolved soon.

"There are contacts with Liverpool but they haven't made an offer to Lyon yet," Malouda told Football365.

"They are a good club and play in the English league, which is very interesting.

"I have no preference, I can also move to Spain. It depends on the club's ambition and their desire to sign me.

"I don't know if my transfer price is €25 million (£17million), it could also be €35million (£27million).

"Anyway the money won't be in my pocket so I don't care.

"I agree with my chairman when he says that all Lyon transfers have to be signed before the 30th of June.

"I am leaving, it is just a question of time."
kobashi

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:22 am

Liverpool are in advanced talks with Lyon's £17 million rated winger Florent Malouda but could face stiff competition for his services from home and abroad.

Malouda would favour a move to Milan according to the News of the World but interest from Chelsea could also come into play with the West Londoners reportedly considering a bid.

The paper quotes a source close to the player as saying:

"There are discussion between Liverpool and Malouda as well as Liverpool and Lyon. For the moment there is no agreement.

"Other clubs are also in the frame like Chelsea, Roma and Juventus. Malouda is dreaming of going to Milan. One thing is certain - he wants to leave Lyon."
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:40 pm

I just heard a radio news report that Arsenal have also joined the race for Malouda.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:42 am

Arsenal set to scupper Liverpool's Malouda bid
By Jason Burt
Published: 07 June 2007
Arsenal are planning to hijack Liverpool's bid to sign Florent Malouda because the France international's move to Anfield has stalled over personal terms.

Talks are expected to take place as early as tomorrow over a €15m (£10.2m) move from the French champions Lyon to Arsenal. Malouda, who was on international duty with France last night as they played their European Championship qualifier against Georgia, is then set to take a week's holiday before deciding his future.

There is also interest in the 26-year-old from Spain and Italy although the likelihood is he will move to England. Liverpool's manager, Rafael Benitez, wanted to make Malouda the first of his major signings this summer and there is a growing frustration from the Spaniard that nothing has been secured. The longer the delay, according to sources close to the player, the greater the chance he may go elsewhere.

That warning has alerted Arsenal who have now stepped in to register their interest in the left-winger, who was a key member of the French side that reached last year's World Cup final. He was recently voted the players' player of the year in France after helping Lyon to their sixth consecutive league title and scoring 10 goals in 27 league starts.

Arsenal have decided against a move for the Ajax winger Ryan Babel after considering bidding for the Dutch international in January. Although he would cost less than Malouda, Arsenal's manager, Arsène Wenger is unsure that Babel is of the highest standard. At the same time Arsenal's interest in Franck Ribéry is set to end with the Marseilles winger expected to complete a €25m (£17m) move to Bayern Munich today. Liverpool, meanwhile, will hope that Marseilles will use some of that cash to sign Djibril Cissépermanently.

If Malouda does arrive at the Emirates Stadium, it will be intriguing to see where he fits into Wenger's plans and what it means for Alexander Hleb and Tomas Rosicky. It also heightens the chances of Fredrik Ljungberg, who has been told he can go, leaving the club on a free transfer. Wenger himself will conduct the negotiations with Malouda if the deal goes ahead and his strong relationship with the out-going Lyon coach Gérard Houllier may be an advantage.

Despite signing a contract extension until 2011 last summer, Malouda announced several weeks ago that he wanted to leave Lyon with the club's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, setting a deadline of the end of June.

He wants to avoid the disruption caused at his club when Michael Essien was sold. The Ghanaian moved to Chelsea and their striker Didier Drogba said earlier this week that he would like to see Malouda move to Stamford Bridge. The two played together at the French club Guingamp and remain close friends.

Independent

Sounds like this one is going to go to the wire, or who wants him the most maybe.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:07 am

s@int wrote:Arsenal set to scupper Liverpool's Malouda bid
By Jason Burt
Published: 07 June 2007
Arsenal are planning to hijack Liverpool's bid to sign Florent Malouda because the France international's move to Anfield has stalled over personal terms.

Talks are expected to take place as early as tomorrow over a €15m (£10.2m) move from the French champions Lyon to Arsenal. Malouda, who was on international duty with France last night as they played their European Championship qualifier against Georgia, is then set to take a week's holiday before deciding his future.

There is also interest in the 26-year-old from Spain and Italy although the likelihood is he will move to England. Liverpool's manager, Rafael Benitez, wanted to make Malouda the first of his major signings this summer and there is a growing frustration from the Spaniard that nothing has been secured. The longer the delay, according to sources close to the player, the greater the chance he may go elsewhere.

That warning has alerted Arsenal who have now stepped in to register their interest in the left-winger, who was a key member of the French side that reached last year's World Cup final. He was recently voted the players' player of the year in France after helping Lyon to their sixth consecutive league title and scoring 10 goals in 27 league starts.

Arsenal have decided against a move for the Ajax winger Ryan Babel after considering bidding for the Dutch international in January. Although he would cost less than Malouda, Arsenal's manager, Arsène Wenger is unsure that Babel is of the highest standard. At the same time Arsenal's interest in Franck Ribéry is set to end with the Marseilles winger expected to complete a €25m (£17m) move to Bayern Munich today. Liverpool, meanwhile, will hope that Marseilles will use some of that cash to sign Djibril Cissépermanently.

If Malouda does arrive at the Emirates Stadium, it will be intriguing to see where he fits into Wenger's plans and what it means for Alexander Hleb and Tomas Rosicky. It also heightens the chances of Fredrik Ljungberg, who has been told he can go, leaving the club on a free transfer. Wenger himself will conduct the negotiations with Malouda if the deal goes ahead and his strong relationship with the out-going Lyon coach Gérard Houllier may be an advantage.

Despite signing a contract extension until 2011 last summer, Malouda announced several weeks ago that he wanted to leave Lyon with the club's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, setting a deadline of the end of June.

He wants to avoid the disruption caused at his club when Michael Essien was sold. The Ghanaian moved to Chelsea and their striker Didier Drogba said earlier this week that he would like to see Malouda move to Stamford Bridge. The two played together at the French club Guingamp and remain close friends.

Independent

Sounds like this one is going to go to the wire, or who wants him the most maybe.

not good news because him being french id understand if he wanted to play for arsenal instead of liverpool...

i read somewhere...please dont ask for a link cant be bothered really.. that D.silva was our planB if the malouda bid fails ... i think that Silva is the better player of the 2...

anyways... i still think that we are in pole position if only we can agree personal terms sometime soon... transfer fee agreed upon from what i understand !

if we fail to get him...and end up getting any of the other class wingers we are supposedly interested in (Silva, Mancini..) then i wont be the least bit dissapointed.... still expect him to be our 1st signing though !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:10 am

i hear that rafa is prepared "to let" arsenal sign malouda, so that in principle we could sign henry.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:27 am

I hear that Rafa is close to signing Accrington Stanley winger Shaun Whalley for a fee of £2.99!!!

According to sources the deal includes a clause that stipulates he must play a minimum of 40 games next season.

I still think Whalley is better than Malouda so I can't see us signing him, I heard that Whalley was our plan B but he is way better than Malouda, ......he wouldn't get any games anyway becuase he's nowhere near good enough.

.......If we fail to get Whalley and end up getting Reyes I'll be delighted because he set the Premiership alight during his time at Arsenal and is way better than Malouda!!
LFC2007

Postby matrix » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:51 am

liverpool look set to beat chelski and arsenal in the race to sign lyon stylish left winger florent malouda  [various]  sources...   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Echo reports that Lyon want £10m but we only want to pay £8m. Seen this film before havent we.

Now with the negotiation dragging on Arsenal have entered the race giving Lyon the chance to hike up the price in a bidding war. If only we had done the deal sooner.

If this report is true it smells like the same old story with Liverpools summer transfer dealings.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:16 pm

parchpea wrote:If

That's about the most significant part of the post!
LFC2007

Postby destro » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:52 pm

Marseille have signed France winger Franck Ribery from Bayern Munich.

The 24-year-old, who had previously linked with Arsenal, has signed a four-year deal with Bayern. The fee is reported to be £17million.

"An official agreement has been reached between 'OM' and Bayern Munich for the transfer of Franck Ribery," said

a statement on www.om.net.

"The now former Marseille midfielder is being presented to the German media alongside Luca Toni, the club's other signing."

Thats who we should of signed, i seriously hope we are not haggling over a couple of million for this Malouda guy and then end up losing out, if Rafa wants him PAY UP !
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:56 pm

destro wrote:Marseille have signed France winger Franck Ribery from Bayern Munich.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :O
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill