Florent malouda - Independent article links us

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby puroresu » Tue May 29, 2007 3:53 pm

Moosey wrote:If he left mid we should be busting a gut to get anyone half decent in there!

For those who still cling to the pipedream that harry will awaken from his deep slumber and rip defences apart il see you next season for the same discussion

Kewell will never be that player again. I will be so disappointed if his our 1st choice LW next year
puroresu

Postby Moosey » Tue May 29, 2007 4:48 pm

Parry promised us a player that would have us on the edge of our seats....and then gave us Kewell!

i havnt seen much of malouda to form a view but if he decent then lets have him.
Moosey

Postby puroresu » Tue May 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Moosey wrote:Parry promised us a player that would have us on the edge of our seats....and then gave us Kewell!

i havnt seen much of malouda to form a view but if he decent then lets have him.

Trust his very very good. quick, good crosser of the ball, scores goals, technically sound.  He has all the attributes to be a star at Liverpool.  U wont find much better than him at the moment. Ability wise on a totally different level to Pennant.
puroresu

Postby Thingy » Tue May 29, 2007 4:56 pm

In the echo tonight Spurs And Villa are looking at Bellamy And Kewell sitation very closely. Hence proably the main reason Malouda might come in is because Kewells Proably off.
Thingy

Postby puroresu » Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm

Thingy wrote:In the echo tonight Spurs And Villa are looking at Bellamy And Kewell sitation very closely. Hence proably the main reason Malouda might come in is because Kewells Proably off.

O'Neil really likes Bellamy and I remember Bellamy saying how he loved working with him at celtic.  Villa would be the best bet for him.  How much does Rafa want.  It isnt really £12 mil is it.  Thats insane!!
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:22 pm

puroresu wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
kobashi wrote:more English ignorance I see.  Florent malouda  is better than any LW in the EPL at the moment!  he has been quality for at least 4 seasons now.  Why should he be doubted because he plays in France? 

Try actually watching ligue 1 before you start dissing the league.

Firstly, cut the 'English' ignorance remarks out, the guy was giving his opinion.

You insinuate that this ignorance is an 'English' trait, get a clue mate.

Secondly, I strongly disagree that Malouda has been better than any EPL left mid over the past 4 seasons. A league that is widely regarded to have less quality than England, Spain and Italy. Would you even say he's been better than Giggs? Or Ljungberg/Pires in the 03/04 season?

I don't think so.

He wasnt saying he was better than Pires in that season or giggs.  He was saying Malouda has been quality for 4 years and at this moment in time there is no better LW in the EPL.  Malouda is coming into his prime and will only get better.  U dont get the top sides all over Europe looking at u for no reason.  Its no different to doubting the qualities of Ribery for instance because he plays in lique 1 even though all the top sides in Europe would love him in there sides.

Essien is another example. Many questioned the value of his transfer and how good he really was.  Yet those in the know about French football knew Essien was the real deal.

No-one is doubting that Ligue 1 is a good source of talent.

But to say you don't get all the top european sides looking at you "for no reason" is a very weak foundation for arguing Malouda's quality. Every big club will have a scouting network throughout Europe, they will be looking in league 1 at many players.

I disagree that Malouda is better than any player in the EPL at the moment, you cannot compare the leagues as they are completely different and the EPL has a higher tempo and more quality. Lyon have creamed ligue 1 for 4 years+, it can't be too hard to look good in a Lyon side that has gone relatively unchallenged for 4 seasons.

The premier league is a step up, no-one knew Essien would do it in the EPL, but they knew he was a quality player in France. Malouda is not Essien.
LFC2007

Postby Thingy » Tue May 29, 2007 5:32 pm

puroresu wrote:
Thingy wrote:In the echo tonight Spurs And Villa are looking at Bellamy And Kewell sitation very closely. Hence proably the main reason Malouda might come in is because Kewells Proably off.

O'Neil really likes Bellamy and I remember Bellamy saying how he loved working with him at celtic.  Villa would be the best bet for him.  How much does Rafa want.  It isnt really £12 mil is it.  Thats insane!!

Yeah mate apparently, Benitez is HOPING to double the price of Bellers. Dont know how succesful he will be in doing it mind :D
Thingy

Postby destro » Tue May 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Maybe he is looking for the best of both worlds, a winger/wingers who can actually chip in with the goals aswell as provide them, and maybe not a 30 million pound striker, maybe a 15-20 million pound one who might chip in with 15 goals and wingers  who can score and provide chances to get the rest instead of relying on one maybe two strikers.

The fact he says a goalscorer is not a priority is just a Rafa statement, could be to stop any future targets price from soaring.

If they think a striker is not a priority for us it will maybe stop them trying to hike the price up.

Who knows ?  :sniffle
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:44 pm

destro wrote:The fact he says a goalscorer is not a priority is just a Rafa statement

Link ?
LFC2007

Postby destro » Tue May 29, 2007 5:54 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
destro wrote:The fact he says a goalscorer is not a priority is just a Rafa statement

Link ?

There is no 'Link' it was a reply to the post Matrix put earlier in the thread ( am i the only one who reads all the posts !)

rafa comment...      Benitez has denied that a prolific goalscorer is the obvious answer to Liverpool's current shortcomings and is instead intent on improving the supply to his forward line...
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:58 pm

I read that, but anyone could write "Benitez has denied a prolific goalscorer is the answer to Liverpool's current shortcomings"

They are not quotes.

So how can you say " the FACT he said a goalscorer is not a priority"

When you haven't provided the quotes of him saying this?? ???
LFC2007

Postby destro » Tue May 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Because i dont scrawl the internet looking for quotes :sleep  ? .But yes if you wish to be pedantic then he may or may not have actually said it, but the post said he DENIED ( meaning he doesnt agree) that a striker is the obvious answer ?

In hindsight if i had known people would jump on every little mistake in a post, i would not of used the word statement ( *slaps wrists and promises not to do it again)

So , from THAT POST and not Rafasaid.com it looked to me like he was saying a striker is not a top priority, maybe a winger to help chip in with the goals alongside the current strikers, and that is what i was replying to
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:12 pm

I'm not being pedantic, usually when you say the FACT Rafa said this or that, you provide the quotes where he actually said those things.

I could say, "I heard Rafa say he wanted to sign Ronaldinho", but does it have any weight to it if I don't provide the quotes?

No.
LFC2007

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:22 pm

Well without wading into the fact or not a fact argument I do remember hearing a radio clip* from a Rafa interview a couple of weeks ago, were he stated that Voronin wouldn't be the only striker to arrive at anfield this summer (money constraints allowed) so I'll take that over any Journo anyday.

Back on topic and the Echo tonight is claiming that Malouda would cost around £8m ??? Echo link
That figure seems awfully optimistic but then again Chris Bascombe is usually very close to the mark. If that were the case then it just goes to show how inflated the press report transfer fees and that they may just have an effect on the selling clubs demands.

*Link unavailable as it was not on t'internet!  :p
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Tue May 29, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:30 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Well without wading into the fact or not a fact argument I do remember hearing a radio clip* from a Rafa interview a couple of weeks ago, were he stated that Voronin wouldn't be the only striker to arrive at anfield this summer (money constraints allowed) so I'll take that over any Journo anyday.

Words from the man's mouth are something I will go by, but not he "apparently" said this or "suggested" that.

As for £8m for Malouda, I think he is worth about that, if a little less. The prices nowadays, and especially those signed from Lyon seem to have their price dramatically inflated. e.g. Essien, Diarra.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill