Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:20 am

Kopite187 wrote:anything  between 8 - 11mill would a be a reasonable price, but anything over 15mill is asking for way too much.

yeah, in my opinion buying Simao(alot of $$$) would be such a better GAMLBLE(hehe)..
other then that, I think Mr Benitez has to do something soon or were' going be left with buying lil known players who play in south american leagues .

btw. Cisse has to go.

:D

I would pay 15m for this player he is class!!

If we want class players!! we have to pay the money simple as that.

You get what you pay for. Thats been our problem over last few seasons. Now we have the money.

Lets go out and buy the class players....

Even pederson is a class player but he would still cost us 12m easy..

8m would get us a good player but not a class player. Get a grip, you want the best you pay the best prices.....

Come on Rafa go and sign us 4 class players...

Its about time we did!!!!!!!!!!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:28 am

welsh wizzard wrote:

You get what you pay for.

Come on Rafa go and sign us 4 chess players...[/quote]
cisse - you get what you pay for. a bit expensive for a pudding dont you think
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:56 pm

15+ million for a player only proven in Ligue 1 in France?
That is just too much, at least I don't feel Malouda is a world class winger.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Rupi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:57 pm

From BBC gossip column:
France international midfielder Florent Malouda has begged Lyon not to price him out of a move to Liverpool. The French champions want £17m. (Mail)

What a joke! I know teams are setting prices more higher than the real value of players, but here it seems clearly highly overrated!

For 8-10m ok, but 17!!!! Are u kidding?!?!

That's only gossip, I know... but...

"In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly
Rupi

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:22 pm

A quote from Malouda:

"There has been contact with Liverpool, but nothing more than that yet. It's a beautiful club, with a great support and the chance to play in England in front of packed stadiums interests me.

"I want to go somewhere that I can take my game to the next level. I've read about what the club are expecting to get for me.

"It's not money in my pocket, but £17m is a lot. The club have a right to ask for what they think I'm worth but my only hope is it doesn't stop me from going."

Like I said, trying to deal with Lyon is hopeless.
The ask for extortionate fees always. £17m would be around where I guessed they would demand.
Silly money and there are better alternatives at that price.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thingy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:10 pm

He is a good player. World Class? Hmm not sure. 17m would be a gamble. Would we be willing to pay that for him?
Thingy

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:12 am

17 mill.....david silva it is :;):
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 am

i read somewhere he's the last year's french best player
so he couldn't be bad
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Dimshen » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:41 am

officially voted best player in the Ligue 1, had a very good world cup with a team that went all the way to the final. i think doubting this mans credentials is a bit harsh, admittadly the french league is poor compared to the top 3 leagues in europe, but being voted the best cant be bad.

i think £15 mil is reasonable, he would be ahead of Kewell in my book everytime, i am consistanly shocked at how much support he gets on this forum consdering on the rare occasions when he's been fit he has been quite poor, and only played well in small bursts.

100th post woo bloody hoo!
Dimshen

Postby biggaz8 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:57 pm

Is it just me or am i the only one fed up of us just buying foreigners, surely there are some good english players who will be good enough the bolster the squad. David Bentley, Nicky Shorey, Curtis Davies? What do u think
biggaz8

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:59 pm

For me it's a case of a) lack of English talent and b) extortionate prices.
LFC2007

Postby biggaz8 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:03 pm

My only opinion is that we need some more players who know how to play the league cause its always a risk brining in big foreigners with big reputations, ie VERON, CRESPO, SHEVCHENKO, BALLACK ETC
biggaz8

Postby whylongball? » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:05 pm

it's certainly the first case. especially after the friendly game against brazil....only SG can pass and control the tempo...ok maybe i should extend to Beckham in terms of passing
whylongball?

Postby biggaz8 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:08 pm

true, i just believe all these imports from spain struggle to get to grips with the pace and strength of the premiership but are easily capable to play in europe. Maybe we should be looking at premiership based foreigners i.e tevez, Morton Gamzt Pederson who have adapted well to the league
biggaz8

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:09 pm

biggaz8 wrote:My only opinion is that we need some more players who know how to play the league cause its always a risk brining in big foreigners with big reputations, ie VERON, CRESPO, SHEVCHENKO, BALLACK ETC

Of course, but we have to look abroad if the talent we need is not in England. The talent that is in England costs double the price in any case.

Any player with a big price tag is more of a risk, but we have to trust Rafa's judgement that with the players who cost a lot he will get right.

I also think you have to look at the individual attributes of the player, e.g. Eto'o would appear more suited to the EPL than Schevchecko because of his athleticism, pace and movement.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill