Florent malouda - Independent article links us

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby destro » Tue May 29, 2007 6:53 pm

It doesnt make any difference, how many times do the tabloids do a 'he said' or 'he went on to say story' and not all of them are direct qoutes, most of the time they are 2nd maybe 3rd hand and even then the original 'exclusive' story may not be factually true ( papers make things up :oh:  ) The S*n could easily run a story they claim is a 'quote' but it would be dismissed because they talk b.ollox !. But from now on unless I actually see Rafa on the TV say something or i hear him on the radio then i wont believe it either ( just to be on the safe side)

So to stop this escalating into ANOTHER ruined thread, ill make this the last i have to say on this. Unless rafa tells me different (not Rafa-Dodd    :D )
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Nobody is escalating it.

It just makes sense that to give credibility to your point, there are quotes or words the manager has said on the record to back it up.
LFC2007

Postby radun5 » Wed May 30, 2007 7:42 am

LFC2007 wrote:I disagree that Malouda is better than any player in the EPL at the moment, you cannot compare the leagues as they are completely different and the EPL has a higher tempo and more quality. Lyon have creamed ligue 1 for 4 years+, it can't be too hard to look good in a Lyon side that has gone relatively unchallenged for 4 seasons.

I have a different opinion on him. Malouda is one of the most important players in Lyon who were maybe the best team in Europe last autumn, as well as a very influential player in France national team. I have seen an analysis of one of Lyon's matches in CL group (I think the spanking of Real), and most balls were processed by a left-central trio : Juninho, Toulalan and Malouda.

I think he is one of the best LM (I don't know if he is a real winger) in Europe, and he has shown great work rate and good ball control (and I am not talking of French League right now) whenever I saw him.

Anyway I think we won't buy that calibre of LM or LW, unless Kewell is sold, which I don't think will happen, although I agree there is a slight risk in depending on him for that position.
radun5

Postby matrix » Wed May 30, 2007 7:58 am

i cant believe we will get Florent malouda for 8 million,  i believe he will cost us more than that...

these clubs no we have money,   10-13 million will be nearer the mark...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 9:29 am

£8 mil.  I cant see it.  If u were to base it on previous seasons when Lyon have sold there big players then £8 mil is far to cheap. Jean-Michel Aulas the Lyon president usually looks at what other players are being transferred and then values his own players. In todays Market Malouda is worth a lot more than £8 mil

Jean-Michel Aulas:
"I commit myself to letting the players leave only for a fee greater than the market value."  A quote like this cant be dismissed when u look at the fees for Essien and Diarra and Abidel will also most likely go for a big fee.

I also think the fact that Malouda isnt demanding to be sold means he many not leave at all.  His mentioned leaving before but also said he may wait till after 2008.  He also said he will only leave for a club stronger than Lyon and will not fight for 3rd or 4th.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 30, 2007 11:03 am

puroresu wrote:He also said he will only leave for a club stronger than Lyon and will not fight for 3rd or 4th.

Sorry for highlighting just the end of your post, just wanted to question what you meant.

Are you trying to suggest that we are not stronger than Lyon, or just writing what he said as it was part of his quote ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 am

Liverpool are in advanced talks with Olympique Lyon for winger Florent Malouda.
The Guardian says Liverpool hope to have secured the first of Rafael Benitez's major signings this summer by the time the Spaniard returns from a family holiday at the weekend, with Malouda edging closer to an £8 million switch to Anfield.

The France international, a key member of the side which reached the World Cup final last summer, has been told he can leave Stade Gerland after playing a significant part in Lyon securing a sixth consecutive French league title, with the 26-year-old keen to take on a new challenge.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 11:17 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:He also said he will only leave for a club stronger than Lyon and will not fight for 3rd or 4th.

Sorry for highlighting just the end of your post, just wanted to question what you meant.

Are you trying to suggest that we are not stronger than Lyon, or just writing what he said as it was part of his quote ?

That was what Malouda said.

All these press reports are interesting considering nothing is coming out of the french press in regard to an £8 mil move.
puroresu

Postby dward » Wed May 30, 2007 11:34 am

sorry, got it now
Last edited by dward on Wed May 30, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:47 am

A new angle on this today is the re-emergence of links with Valencia's LW David Silva. Link
The telegraph's source is less than reliable though. TBH I couldn't say which one I'd rather have. Malouda I haven't seen anything of and all I can remember of Silva is that goal against the Chavs.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 30, 2007 12:01 pm

puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

All these press reports are interesting considering nothing is coming out of the french press in regard to an £8 mil move.

I know he said it, what i mean was-you are not hinting that we are not a step up from Lyon are you, saying that we are only a 3rd or 4th place team so he might not be interested ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 12:14 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

I know he said it, what i mean was-you are not hinting that we are not a step up from Lyon are you, saying that we are only a 3rd or 4th place team so he might not be interested ?

No I was just posting what he said and in no way trying to say he wouldnt sign for Liverpool.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 30, 2007 12:38 pm

puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

No I was just posting what he said and in no way trying to say he wouldnt sign for Liverpool.

Ok mate,

With regards to Malouda i havent hardly seen anything of him tbh.
Is he fast, skillfull ?
I know he scores goals, which is something we could seriously do with.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 12:51 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Ok mate,

With regards to Malouda i havent hardly seen anything of him tbh.
Is he fast, skillfull ?
I know he scores goals, which is something we could seriously do with.

His got enough pace and while I wouldnt say his super skilful with bags of tricks he does the job of getting to the byeline and supply crosses.  As a midfielder he is very good at getting in positions to score goals.  His goals contribution from midfield is excellent.  Can play LW or push him more inside.

I notice on other sites some are saying Malouda is having a medical today?
puroresu

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:11 pm

I notice on other sites some are saying Malouda is having a medical today? 

Have you got a link puroresu ?
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill