Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:08 pm

If rafa wants the very best then he needs to get into the real world and pay the inflated prices because if he doesnt some one else will. Dead simple.

I've always been led to believe we had sod all cash in previous summers, hence second and third choice signings, because lets get this straight here Rafa has had to budget. So that extra few million for Alves was turned down by Rafa, not because he wanted to, but because he needed to spread the money over the squad.

That time is past. If the new owners arnt prepared to put their hands in their pockets and get one or two REAL QUALITY signings, the kind of signings that are the difference between drawing/losing and wining those tight games or those games you dont perform in then whats the point?

Whats the point in having a bigger stadium? Bit more revenue yeah - but unless you've got the team on the pitch you might as well forget it. Theres no time for sentiment. Theres no time for sodding patience. Those gets down the M62 are two behind us. Two! We were out of sight from them 17 years ago and now look.

Too much faffing and pi$$ing about by our club and its cost us. So if the new owners dont want to break the bank they should move on, or we may well have to get in a second rate manager who will put up with low players and we can consolidate our 4th 5th 6th places in the prem.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Brookside wrote:Malouda!  Yet another Slightly better than average Championsd League player!!  We need more than this fella will ever offer.

Essien was the star of Lyon - And Chelsea snapped him up.  Diarra was a poor mans Essien and he went to Madrid, and now we're linked with Malouda! 

He's not what we need IMO.  We need top quality additions, not more decent squad players.

Diarra was a poor mans essien yet ended up at Real Madrid. hmmm work that one out. Sounds to me he must be a very good poor mans essien if Real madrid were willing to pay £17 mil for his services.  Diarra is a real quality player!!!
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:30 pm

puroresu wrote:
Brookside wrote:Malouda!  Yet another Slightly better than average Championsd League player!!  We need more than this fella will ever offer.

Essien was the star of Lyon - And Chelsea snapped him up.  Diarra was a poor mans Essien and he went to Madrid, and now we're linked with Malouda! 

He's not what we need IMO.  We need top quality additions, not more decent squad players.

Diarra was a poor mans essien yet ended up at Real Madrid. hmmm work that one out. Sounds to me he must be a very good poor mans essien if Real madrid were willing to pay £17 mil for his services.  Diarra is a real quality player!!!

I think he is cack tbh.

And definately a poor mans Essien.
From what i have seen Essien is better in every department.
Diarra looks steady-but extremley limited.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1182161184 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:42 pm

Just because someone is daft enough to pay a sh*t load for a player dosen't make him any good.  I wasn't really trying to say he was poo, my point was that Essein was the best of that bunch, diarra's gone to Madrid for a lot of money and not looked amazing and Malouda being argubably a lesser player than both of those would send a signal we're not out there for the best.  If we pay 17mil for him we're bloody looney IMO!
Last edited by 66-1182161184 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1182161184

Postby 66-1182161184 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:45 pm

have you actually seen clips of that Anderson fella Manure have bought.  Top quality and only 19.  That's what we need FFS!!!! :angry:
66-1182161184

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Brookside wrote:have you actually seen clips of that Anderson fella Manure have bought.  Top quality and only 19.  That's what we need FFS!!!! :angry:

manure buy anderson for extortionate money.

we buy the guy rated the best player in brazil last season and the brazilian under 20 captain for comparatively less.

who's got the better deal? a lot of people are creaming themselves over nani and anderson because they cost £17 million but because lucas has only cost £6-7 million they dont want to know.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:20 pm

Brookside wrote:have you actually seen clips of that Anderson fella Manure have bought.  Top quality and only 19.  That's what we need FFS!!!! :angry:

Imo that's just the type of player we should avoid at this moment in time, we don't need expensive teenagers we need proven quality who have done it in a european league for a while, someone with much more experience. If we were in the mancs' position of having a complete sqaud and the funds to bring in a couple of young superstars then I would advocate us buying them, but now, we need experience and quality to match.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:07 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I think he is cack tbh.

Diarra is another version of sissoko, but better passer.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

Imo that's just the type of player we should avoid at this moment in time, we don't need expensive teenagers we need proven quality who have done it in a european league for a while, someone with much more experience. If we were in the mancs' position of having a complete sqaud and the funds to bring in a couple of young superstars then I would advocate us buying them, but now, we need experience and quality to match.

agree with LFC there ........
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:16 pm

metalhead wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I think he is cack tbh.

Does he cover the same amount of ground in a game as Momo ? i wouldnt have thought so from what i have seen.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:25 pm

If you put it this way - I wouldn't swop Diarra for Sissoko. Despite having better passing, Diarra doesn't match Sissoko's destructive force.
LFC2007

Postby flamingpoe » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:59 pm

diarra is a bit to old to swap for wat in my view is probably the best cdm prospect in the world it may seem i am going a bit over the top with that but i believe that although alot of people have compared him to be the next vieira, i think personally in the next few years we will see him become more and more like vieira, who lets face it was what three years ago the best cdm in the world, if believe that sissoko could become even better than that, he is showing the skill at the moment of vieira, and hes 21!, where as lets face it vieira was at this time in his life a relative unknown, we only started hearing about him when he went to :censored:!
flamingpoe

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:17 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I think he is cack tbh.

Does he cover the same amount of ground in a game as Momo ? i wouldnt have thought so from what i have seen.

Diarra is the lungs of the Real team.
puroresu

Postby sc6po » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:34 pm

No, I would not say that  Essien was the star of Lyon.
He was a very good young, with high potential, till very perfectible.
In Lyon, M.Diarra was more higly rated than Essien.
At least, it was much more difficult to replace him...It took 3 games for Tiago to replace Essien...in a very different way, but very efficient way...
Yet M.Diarra is not yet totally replaced...
sc6po

Postby sc6po » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 pm

puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Diarra is the lungs of the Real team.[/quote]
Sometimes you do not need to run everywhere to be efficient...
Just have to be at the right place...
Diarra has got game. I have not seen Madrid's game lately, but in Lyon, Diarra was an attack breaker, and a very good passer.
Let's say he's a mix of Sissoko and Xabi Alonso
:talktothehand
Last edited by sc6po on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc6po

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill