Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby sc6po » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:46 am

kobashi wrote:
Penguins wrote:Only reason I see Chelski bidding for him is not cause they'll need him. Only to prevent us from getting him, or at least make us pay over the odds. :veryangry

Not sure i believe that to be honest.  Chelsea are not offering anything silly like they did with SWP.  £13.5m is a good offer which we should be matching.

oh and Lyon signed Keita (brilliant player) and Bodmer today both from Lille. Malouda will be leaving but unless we raise the offer it wont be too us. :(

Not sure things are linked...Keita is not there as Malouda's replacement...
He's RW, as are Gouvou and Wiltord...Wiltord should leave
Lyon have yet no replacement for Malouda.
sc6po

Postby kobashi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:58 am

sc6po wrote:
kobashi wrote:
Penguins wrote:Only reason I see Chelski bidding for him is not cause they'll need him. Only to prevent us from getting him, or at least make us pay over the odds. :veryangry

Not sure i believe that to be honest.  Chelsea are not offering anything silly like they did with SWP.  £13.5m is a good offer which we should be matching.

oh and Lyon signed Keita (brilliant player) and Bodmer today both from Lille. Malouda will be leaving but unless we raise the offer it wont be too us. :(

Not sure things are linked...Keita is not there as Malouda's replacement...
He's RW, as are Gouvou and Wiltord...Wiltord should leave
Lyon have yet no replacement for Malouda.

How much did Keita go for?  was it the £14m that Lille wanted.

Great player and excellent signing for Lyon.

malouda is off to chelsea according to france football, they will negotiate the fee this weekend.
kobashi

Postby fat maradona » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:25 pm

Don't get me wrong....I love everything about this club...but the "top" players do not want to come to Liverpool anymore. We haven't amounted to much in the premiership. Reaching the CL final again did our reputation some good but there's no point in playing on the biggest stages in world football if we aren't going to play well. Is there?
fat maradona

Postby humdrum » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:38 pm

fat maradona wrote:Don't get me wrong....I love everything about this club...but the "top" players do not want to come to Liverpool anymore. We haven't amounted to much in the premiership. Reaching the CL final again did our reputation some good but there's no point in playing on the biggest stages in world football if we aren't going to play well. Is there?

i agree - it may be that we only end up siging the likes of Benayoun, Bent, Voronin which would be a step back again for us
LFC - 1 team - 1 life
humdrum

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:40 pm

And there was I thinking we outplayed Milan... :O

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:40 pm

if you believe the reports out of france, the problem is we havent made a decent offer.  £10m is a pathetic bid.  if Lyon let Malouda go for £13.5m I am gonna be :censored: off as for the sake of £3.5m we let a real good quality LW join another club.
kobashi

Postby fat maradona » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:43 pm

humdrum wrote:
fat maradona wrote:Don't get me wrong....I love everything about this club...but the "top" players do not want to come to Liverpool anymore. We haven't amounted to much in the premiership. Reaching the CL final again did our reputation some good but there's no point in playing on the biggest stages in world football if we aren't going to play well. Is there?

i agree - it may be that we only end up siging the likes of Benayoun, Bent, Voronin which would be a step back again for us

Yeh, and those names hardly strike fear into manure, chelski and :censored: when they read that we've signed them..

Whatever happened to our youth setup, with worldclass players coming through season after season? Even our scouts are rubbish...I think there is too much emphasis on picking up "up and coming talent" at bargain bin prices than spending the money where it counts. At this rate we aren't going to amount to anything more than 5th or 6th place come the seasons end.
fat maradona

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:45 pm

fat maradona wrote:
humdrum wrote:

Yeh, and those names hardly strike fear into manure, chelski and :censored: when they read that we've signed them..

Whatever happened to our youth setup, with worldclass players coming through season after season? Even our scouts are rubbish...I think there is too much emphasis on picking up "up and coming talent" at bargain bin prices than spending the money where it counts. At this rate we aren't going to amount to anything more than 5th or 6th place come the seasons end.

Stop chatting sh*t.

Sidwell? Ben Haim?

F*cking hell - I'm scared by those names...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Signing players that other top teams wouldnt touch is not the answer.

As for Malouda I have more belief in media reports from france than those in England.  The English media were talking as if a deal was one and Malouda was coming for £8 mil.  No surpise this has not and will not happen!!!
puroresu

Postby kobashi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:47 pm

problem is chelsea and man utd finished 20 points clear of us so we need some big names.
kobashi

Postby fat maradona » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:And there was I thinking we outplayed Milan... :O

Are you serious dude? Take off the rose tinted specs and admit that Milan had an extremely off day. We only managed to "keep up with them" because of that. This may sound sacrilege, but if they had played at the same level as when they played manure then we would have had our ars*s spanked and handed to us on a plate.

The general consensus between my work colleagues was that Milan had "stepped off the gas" because they were playing us and NOT that we had nullified them. I'm embarrassed to agree with them, in part.
fat maradona

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
fat maradona wrote:
humdrum wrote:

Stop chatting sh*t.

Sidwell? Ben Haim?

Surely that isnt the same though.  They lost out on the title by just a few points and dont need to sign 3 or 4 big names.  We on the otherhand were way behind and need genuine quality to have a realistic chance at the title.
puroresu

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:51 pm

fat maradona wrote:

Are you serious dude? Take off the rose tinted specs and admit that Milan had an extremely off day. We only managed to "keep up with them" because of that. This may sound sacrilege, but if they had played at the same level as when they played manure then we would have had our ars*s spanked and handed to us on a plate.

The general consensus between my work colleagues was that Milan had "stepped off the gas" because they were playing us and NOT that we had nullified them. I'm embarrassed to agree with them, in part.

Well I'm afraid only a retard would believe that.

They "stepped off" in a Champions' League final they were desperate to win? One in which they craved revenge for a loss in their previous meeting?

Daftest thing I've ever heard. :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:52 pm

fat maradona wrote:

I dont think Milan stepped off. We had a system which made it difficult for them to play. It was different with Utd as Utd home and away had the mentality of 'attack'.  However In no way can I say we were far the better side in Athens and Milan were lucky to win.  We lost due to the fact in the final 3rd we lacked the genuine real class to score the goals needed.
puroresu

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:53 pm

puroresu wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
fat maradona wrote:
humdrum wrote:

Stop chatting sh*t.

Sidwell? Ben Haim?

Surely that isnt the same though.  They lost out on the title by just a few points and dont need to sign 3 or 4 big names.  We on the otherhand were way behind and need genuine quality to have a realistic chance at the title.

But in saying that, surely the closer you are to the top, the higher the quality required to make a difference?

For my money, Benayoun is a higher-quality player than either of those.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill