Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm

EDIT
Last edited by Dundalk on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Ha Ha, is that Steve Bruce saying come and get him or what ??!! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:34 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Judge wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:I officially have a pain in my face with this thread....

igor zidane had a similar problem, and it turned out to be bells palsy

:grinning:

Seriously though Judge....
Am I REALLY the only person who does NOT have a pain in the hoop with all this talk of Barry coming / Alonso going ?

I agree with you, this has been a complete feck up and in this case I actually blame Rafa. It isn't always Parry or the owners who are at fault and if Rafa holds this club and its traditions in such high regard why does he continue to drag it through the mud by leaking :censored: to the press all the bloody time. I hope Rafa can maybe grow some cahones this season and start acting grown up instead of spitting out his dummy every 5 minutes, otherwise he can f*ck off and take Kuyt with him for all I care!
BTW I don't blame Alonso for wanting to leave, I would be feeling exactly the same way if I was him, I do find a it a bit weird why he is supposed to be annoyed at Parry and not his manager Rafa???
heimdall

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:54 pm

heimdall wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
Judge wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:I officially have a pain in my face with this thread....

igor zidane had a similar problem, and it turned out to be bells palsy

:grinning:

Seriously though Judge....
Am I REALLY the only person who does NOT have a pain in the hoop with all this talk of Barry coming / Alonso going ?

I agree with you, this has been a complete feck up and in this case I actually blame Rafa. It isn't always Parry or the owners who are at fault and if Rafa holds this club and its traditions in such high regard why does he continue to drag it through the mud by leaking :censored: to the press all the bloody time. I hope Rafa can maybe grow some cahones this season and start acting grown up instead of spitting out his dummy every 5 minutes, otherwise he can f*ck off and take Kuyt with him for all I care!
BTW I don't blame Alonso for wanting to leave, I would be feeling exactly the same way if I was him, I do find a it a bit weird why he is supposed to be annoyed at Parry and not his manager Rafa???

Do you often call the kettle black, pot?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Not sure how many of you have also picked up on Rafa's recent comments that we will now be 'short on players for the left flank' since Parry/owners etc haven't completed the Barry deal.

Rafa has also recently commented that he already has Plessis, Lucas, Gerrard and Mascherano for the middle and suggested that he needed to sacrifice Alonso to raise cash for a left sided player.

If we were buying Barry for left midfield then thank fu.ck it's not happening.  He has NEVER consistently played there for club or country.  Why would we pay 18 million or so on an unproven left midfielder?  Barry has found his best position relatively late in his career imo (central midfield), and prior to that played left of a back 3, as a left back or as a left wing back.  NEVER on the left of a midfield 4.  He isn't blessed with pace, cannot beat a man and isn't particularly skilful, why would we sign him as a left midfielder??

What he is, is commited, a good passer, a good tackler, has good energy, is decent in the air and is a goal threat in the final third.  For me his attributes suggest he's more suited to central mifield than left midfield by a long long way and Rafa's comments have absolutely baffled me to say the least.

Let's remember, nobody wanted to sign Gareth Barry when he predominantly played left back/left wing back.  He festered at Villa for years and was constantly overlooked by National team bosses despite a complete lack of left sided talent in England.  Doesn't say much for his credentials as a player for the left flank now does it?  But since converting to midfield he has been very impressive.  Why the fu.ck would Rafa sign him NOT as a central midfielder??  Can't fathom it at all, sorry.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:24 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:05 am

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:19 am

john craig wrote:Not sure how many of you have also picked up on Rafa's recent comments that we will now be 'short on players for the left flank' since Parry/owners etc haven't completed the Barry deal.

Rafa has also recently commented that he already has Plessis, Lucas, Gerrard and Mascherano for the middle and suggested that he needed to sacrifice Alonso to raise cash for a left sided player.

If we were buying Barry for left midfield then thank fu.ck it's not happening.  He has NEVER consistently played there for club or country.  Why would we pay 18 million or so on an unproven left midfielder?  Barry has found his best position relatively late in his career imo (central midfield), and prior to that played left of a back 3, as a left back or as a left wing back.  NEVER on the left of a midfield 4.  He isn't blessed with pace, cannot beat a man and isn't particularly skilful, why would we sign him as a left midfielder??

What he is, is commited, a good passer, a good tackler, has good energy, is decent in the air and is a goal threat in the final third.  For me his attributes suggest he's more suited to central mifield than left midfield by a long long way and Rafa's comments have absolutely baffled me to say the least.

Let's remember, nobody wanted to sign Gareth Barry when he predominantly played left back/left wing back.  He festered at Villa for years and was constantly overlooked by National team bosses despite a complete lack of left sided talent in England.  Doesn't say much for his credentials as a player for the left flank now does it?  But since converting to midfield he has been very impressive.  Why the fu.ck would Rafa sign him NOT as a central midfielder??  Can't fathom it at all, sorry.

Good points raised there...
Perhaps Rafa is hoping Platini will somehow introduce a second rule, meaning that as well as having 6 "local" players, that wingers are to become a thing of the past.
You're right though that we are flush with talent in midfield (as seriously peeved that Alonso looks like he is being pushed out the door  :angry:  )
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 pm

:laugh: :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Toffeehater wrote: :laugh: :D

wtf are you laughing at?

:angry: 

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:31 pm

john craig wrote:Not sure how many of you have also picked up on Rafa's recent comments that we will now be 'short on players for the left flank' since Parry/owners etc haven't completed the Barry deal.

you cant fathom it........

We need to make absoloutly sure that this coming season we have NO width at all - otherwise we might actually confuse teams as to why everything isnt going straight through the middle of the park hence using people with no natural width thats why we need Barry!
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:30 pm

By the time we sign Barry the lads gonna be 30 so we may as well buy his younger brother.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Who Number 9 aka Barry ? , we'd be doomed i'd tell you , he's not as good as gareth !  :laugh:
Last edited by Toffeehater on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:00 am

£18 mil.  U must be joking.  See Barry tonight.  Totally out of his depth as he was v croatia.  Twice I have seen him come up against superior technically gifted players for England and both times his looked like a headless chicken struggling to get on the ball.  What Rafa see's in him I have no idea.
puroresu

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 am

puroresu wrote:£18 mil.  U must be joking.  See Barry tonight.  Totally out of his depth as he was v croatia.  Twice I have seen him come up against superior technically gifted players for England and both times his looked like a headless chicken struggling to get on the ball.  What Rafa see's in him I have no idea.

To Be fair the whole team bar steven gerrard and joe cole were poor . Capello really does not know his best team , drop fat fran.k , he did nothing to warrant himself a place . He should have started with cole and bentely as well
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill