so0 much for wanting to plasy CL football - then he cup ties himself :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Aussie Style wrote:F*ck Barry we shouldve got Nasri, only 12 mil and he looked good today. Scored on debut.

yep. there are better players than barry out there for cheaper but we have wasted 3 months on trying to sign Barry.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:25 pm

puroresu wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:F*ck Barry we shouldve got Nasri, only 12 mil and he looked good today. Scored on debut.

yep. there are better players than barry out there for cheaper but we have wasted 3 months on trying to sign Barry.

While i agree that there are better players out there we should trust our managers judgement until its proved wrong.
Who is to say who are these better players and if they are available to us anyway,

Rafa wanted Barry who despite your opinion i think would have significantly improved our side, and at the last minute it appears decisions have been take away from him.

I agree that there should be back up options when possible but if Rafa wants a player and the club have the money, then for him to be over ruled by the owners is a mockery.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 am

Anybody heard about us getting Drenthe on loan from R Madrid?  I think he'd be an excellent addition to the squad.  The kid's go a great engine and a lot of tricks.  Don't know how he'd get along with Agger though.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby puroresu » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:51 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Anybody heard about us getting Drenthe on loan from R Madrid?  I think he'd be an excellent addition to the squad.  The kid's go a great engine and a lot of tricks.  Don't know how he'd get along with Agger though.

would be a good signing.  can play LB or LW
puroresu

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Alonso tells Liverpool manager he wants to go

Aug 16 2008 by Ian Doyle, Daily Post

XABI ALONSO has told Liverpool he wants to leave Anfield – but is likely to be priced out of a move to Arsenal.

The Spanish midfielder’s future has been the subject of debate throughout the summer, particularly with Rafael Benitez intent on signing Gareth Barry.

Alonso was on the verge of a £16m move to Juventus until the deal collapsed with the Italian side signing Sevilla’s Christian Poulsen instead.

The Spain international has since been linked with interest from Arsenal, and Liverpool manager Benitez revealed yesterday that talks had taken place between officials from Anfield and the Emirates.

But it is thought Arsene Wenger is unwilling to meet Liverpool’s asking price for the 26-year-old.

Alonso is cup-tied in Europe until the new year after appearing in Liverpool’s Champions League qualifier in Belgium against Standard Liege on Wednesday night.

Alonso, who was signed for £10.7m from Real Sociedad in August 2004, was loudly cheered by home supporters during the friendly against Lazio last week. However, the Spaniard has now informed Benitez he wants a fresh challenge.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-n....1543571
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Judge wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Judge wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:It ain't over till the fat ladies sings :D

:D

I dont believe you  :D

ITS OVER BY A COUNTRY MILE

:p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:37 pm

No Barry, no Alonso.

Something doesnt quite sound right. ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:41 pm

I officially have a pain in my face with this thread....It's on, it's off...Alonso is staying, Barry is coming....sorry - got that wrong...today ! Which way is it again ? Oh yeah, Alonso is going, Barry is staying....
FFS...It has dragged on and on and on...And I *REALLY* don't think Rafa has covered himself in glory either. Dragging his spats with the board into the public domain, about who is backing him and who isn't in the Barry transfer saga (and it's more like a soap opera as the days go by !). Rafa - if you don't like what your boss has to say to you - say it to him, and not (in-)directly leak it to the press via some journalist hag. Stop acting like you're throwing your dummy out of the pram. Get on with it.
Barry - Speak up, speak your mind. Say what you want and stick by it.

And worst of all, I think *IFF* we get rid of Alonso, it will turn out to be one of the worst convoluted transfer sagas in the history of this club.

AMEN
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:18 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:I officially have a pain in my face with this thread....

igor zidane had a similar problem, and it turned out to be bells palsy

:grinning:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:20 pm

puroresu wrote:

Agbonlahor maybe ???
club_Levis

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Judge wrote:

Seriously though Judge....
Am I REALLY the only person who does NOT have a pain in the hoop with all this talk of Barry coming / Alonso going ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby matrix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Gareth Barry  will still join us before the window shuts...

i know this topic is getting fuc#### boring,  but i expect this deal to happen...

once we sell a couple of players,  i hope we can still keep alonso...

if we can land barry we will have the best midfield in england  no joke...    :nod     :bowdown

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:07 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Judge wrote:

Seriously though Judge....
Am I REALLY the only person who does NOT have a pain in the hoop with all this talk of Barry coming / Alonso going ?

no mate.

but aint that the nature of this thread, to give us that kind of headache. if it were straight forward, then it would be boring.

i love all kinds of politics, be it footy or parliamentary. makes no difference to me.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:01 pm

club_Levis wrote:
puroresu wrote:

Agbonlahor maybe ???

I'm more thinking Deco over Keane.

However he's main motivation for going to Chelsea/England (besides money) was the manager.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill