Fernando torres ! - Buy him

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:50 pm

stmichael wrote:"Torres is expected to officially sign for Liverpool on Tuesday June 19th, once the La Liga season finishes"

From wikipedia.

:laugh:

:D  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:57 pm

nah i believe bellamy is worth 5mil, hey i am a liverpool fan and even i dont disbelieve that he scored 5 goals this season, he has always been a mediocre player no matter is said, he has a temprement on him, and he dont play all that well, so wtf is good about him huh huh huh!?!!!?!?!, and as for torres scoring less that is because villareal have a damn good first team whereas athletico have a shall we say allright first team look at the team sheets!!!!

VILLARREAL

Goalkeepers Statistics 

Juan Carlos Sánchez Martínez
1 Sebastián Viera
25 Mariano Damián Barbosa
31 Nicolás Bosch Marquina

Defenders

2 Gonzalo Javier Rodríguez
3 Rodolfo Martín Arruabarrena
4 José Enrique Sánchez Díaz
12 Pascal Cygan
16 Enrique Álvarez Sanjuan
17 Javier Rodríguez Venta
20 Fabricio Fuentes
22 Juan Manuel Peña Montaño
24 José Miguel González Rey
29 Alberto De la Bella Madureño

Midfielders

6 José Joaquín Moreno Verdú
7 Robert Pires
10 Rubén Gracia Calmache
14 Alessio Tacchinardi
18 Leandro Somoza
19 Marcos Antonio Senna Da Silva
21 Matías Fernández
27 Marcos García Barreno
28 Bruno Soriano Llido

Forwards

5 Diego Forlán Corazo
9 Guillermo Franco
11 Jon Dahl Tomasson
15 Nihat Kahveci
23 José María Romero Poyón
33 Jonathan Pereira Rodríguez

ATHLETICO

Goalkeepers

Pichu
Leo Franco

Defenders

Eller
Ze Castro
Perea
Seitaridis
Pablo
Pernia
Antonio Lopez

Midfielders

Maniche
Luccin
Galletti
Gabi
M.Petrov
Valera
Costinha
Miguel
Jurado

Strikers

Maxi Rodriguez
Mista
Aguero
Torres
flamingpoe

Postby puroresu » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Keep up the bias mate, it shines through like a beacon.

I read your posts with interest, and most of them read like you are against our players.
Bellamy might not have played in world cups, he plays for Wales so he is hardly likely.
But he has performed well in the premiership, and done well in his debut season in the champions league, not bad at the nou camp.
I am not trying to compare the players, Abidal may well be worth the 13.5 million quoted, but the fact that you ALWAYS seem to undervalue our players, and the way you post seem to take pleasure in doing so gets on my nerves.
Saying we would be lucky to get 5 million for Bellamy is a bit of a p!ss take.

No I am saying we paid £6 mil for Bellamy.  If u look at his performances since signing how can anyone justify the value we paid rising.  One goal at the Nou Camp doesnt make it a great season. Bellamy has always done alright in the prem but thats it.  His done well and no more than that.  He looked very good in an average Blackburn side while at Liverpool and Newcastle his been average. I am just glad Bellamy had a clause in his contract or we may of paid more for him. If someone out there will give us £9 mil then I'll be more than happy but would have no problem getting back what we paid.

Hey Athletico got some very good players.

Maniche
Galletti
M.Petrov
Costinha
Maxi Rodriguez
Mista
Aguero
Torres

These are all good players.  Atheltico losing Petrov and Maxi to injuries hurt them!!
puroresu

Postby Ade » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Sabre wrote: :D I think you know the answer. Of course I would, for a club the size of Real Sociedad (7th historically, but 12th economically nowadays) he would be a great signing. But we couldn't afford him, not fee-wise, and not wages-wise.

As a player? yes, he'd play all the matches. But then we're talking about a bigger club now, Liverpool, and for this size of club, he must not be seen as the Messiah of strikers...

Bear in mind that all the team has worked for him in Atletico. Bear in mind that also would happen in Real Sociedad. But Rafa doesn't seem to have that mentality. He brought Morientes and he put him to work a lot outside the box. And I can only assume he'd do the same with Torres, and he isn't used to that.

Interesting stuff Sabre. But when you say Torres wouldn't like to do a lot of work outside the box, then presumably he is a fox-in-the-box striker, a poacher, a Fowler/van Nistelrooy type, rather than a Kuyt type?

And if so, and he's not prolific, then why exactly are we after him? What do you think is the quality he has that Rafa thinks would fit the Prem?
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Sabre how good is that Milto guy the one that plays up top. I have seen him a couple of times and have been inpressed. To me he has pace power and great abilty in all areas. A kind of mix between Drogba and Berbertov style player.

You have seen him more than most how do you rate him compared to players that are usally mentioned Torres,tevez,etoo,henry,viila.

Ther have been slight rumours nothing more about this player surposerdly Liverpool scouts have been watching him i rearly think he could fit in to the prem a lot better then some of the players mentioned. what do you think. :)
grayghost

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:20 pm

puroresu wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Keep up the bias mate, it shines through like a beacon.

I read your posts with interest, and most of them read like you are against our players.
Bellamy might not have played in world cups, he plays for Wales so he is hardly likely.
But he has performed well in the premiership, and done well in his debut season in the champions league, not bad at the nou camp.
I am not trying to compare the players, Abidal may well be worth the 13.5 million quoted, but the fact that you ALWAYS seem to undervalue our players, and the way you post seem to take pleasure in doing so gets on my nerves.
Saying we would be lucky to get 5 million for Bellamy is a bit of a p!ss take.

No I am saying we paid £6 mil for Bellamy.  If u look at his performances since signing how can anyone justify the value we paid rising.  One goal at the Nou Camp doesnt make it a great season. Bellamy has always done alright in the prem but thats it.  His done well and no more than that.  He looked very good in an average Blackburn side while at Liverpool and Newcastle his been average. I am just glad Bellamy had a clause in his contract or we may of paid more for him. If someone out there will give us £9 mil then I'll be more than happy but would have no problem getting back what we paid.

Hey Athletico got some very good players.

Maniche
Galletti
M.Petrov
Costinha
Maxi Rodriguez
Mista
Aguero
Torres

These are all good players.  Atheltico losing Petrov and Maxi to injuries hurt them!!

Because of the clause we got him for less than he was worth imo, like you have said he has always scored goals in the premiership and its supposedly premiership clubs, blackburn, west ham and newcastle after him, so they are safe in the knowledge that he could and should be a very useful player to them.
I think he is underated by our supporters and was under-used by Rafa which hasnt helped him either.
If he goes it should be for about 9 million imo.

Flamingpoe - Bellamy scored 9 last season, not 5.

Not the best goal return but he was f'cked around and was in his first season playing a different style of football than he was used to.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:27 pm

milito does look something special i will agree and i dont care how many goals bellams got he was a mediocre buy for a world class team so whatever!!!, as for torres he would fit in just perfect in the fact he is a nistlerooy/fowler striker, which means he would be a good player to fit in with the around the box play of kuyt dont you think?, but either way if we get torres or milito i dont care aslong they score goals, more so than we did last year, and dont try changing my perspective on bellamy, he has been in the premiership for a long time so he doesn't need n e working in to any style of play which means he obv poop, because all that he was seemingly good at is poaching goals, and there are far better player of his price that could do twice the job of a 9 goal strikers whoop de doo!!!
flamingpoe

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:31 pm

I do not know the stats but i think milto has scored a couple more goals then Torres over the past 2 seasons i think he would be less off a gamble.
grayghost

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Some interesting points in this thread.

I agree ace Ventura defending the season Bellamy has done. Bellamy has provided in my view what I expected of him, a squad player work, with good squad player numbers. Without really being excellent, but never shíte.

5M pounds, from an English view, is few money, and I think the mere fact of being a LFC player and being decent, and not being a foreigner that doesn't know the league, makes his price higher than that. It's true though, that no foreign team would pay as much as that for him, because the english market is expensive.

As for Milito, he's not a strong as Drogba, but he has pace, is clever and has ability, he would be a good signing, but I'm not sure if putting him in the level of Eto'o or Villa as of yet. He's not the player I've seen most (not more than 3 or 4 times live as I haven't seen much of Zaragoza this season), but what I've seen of him is very promising.

Aguero? a young argentinian that has still lot of things to learn. He has lost the starting eleven spot in this last stage of the liga.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:37 pm

I try to watch La lLga revisated as much as i can and Milto always seems to score every week don't know his stats but they must be up there with the best in spain over 2 seasons. i would take him over Torres and if we could get him then his bro will proberly want to come here as well.
grayghost

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:43 pm

flamingpoe wrote:as for torres he would fit in just perfect in the fact he is a nistlerooy/fowler striker, which means he would be a good player to fit in with the around the box play of kuyt dont you think?,

And here is where i stop engaging in football chat with you.

Torres is nothing like the same type of player as Fowler or RVN, they are penalty box strikers and Torres runs channels and has nothing like the predatory instinct of the other two.

I would actually say Torres does similar things in a game as the much maligned by yourself Bellamy.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:48 pm

difference is Fernando Torres is wanted by united, bellamy we will be lucky if birmingham city take him off our hands as for milito watch this -------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=
flamingpoe

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:59 pm

flamingpoe wrote:difference is Fernando Torres is wanted by united, bellamy we will be lucky if birmingham city take him off our hands as for milito watch this -------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

He knows were the net is. I would take him. him and Tevez up top not bad .
grayghost

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:21 pm

flamingpoo dnt u think ur being too harsh on bellamy?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:24 pm

Bellamy is a load of my :censored: would not know how to make a forwards run if Robbie sat him down and drew him a picture.
grayghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill