Carson to leave lfc "if price is right" - From charlton fansite

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri May 11, 2007 4:21 pm

Not massively surprised, but does this mean Padelli's getting promoted up the pecking order, or will we be signing yet another keeper?

http://www.addickted.net/newsitem.php?id=432

Liverpool say Carson can leave

Friday 11th May 2007

Liverpool boss, Rafael Benitez has said he will sell Scott Carson if the price is right.

"If I end up at Liverpool and sit on the bench, then I would have taken one step forward and taken one back," Carson said this week.

"Next year I want to carry on playing games."

With that in mind, Benitez is prepared to sanction the keeper's departure but it will require an offer of around £4m before Carson can leave.

This news has again attracted interest from Arsenal, who are also on the trail of Poland keeper Lukasz Fabianski from Legia Warsaw.

Charlton are also keen to keep the young keeper on from his impressive loan spell, after he was recently awarded the club's player of the year.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 11, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm not surprised either.  Charlton would have been relegated long ago if not for Carson.  He's the one player who's emerged with any credit from The Valley this season and, as such, he'll be in demand. After all, he's highly rated and he's English.  Maybe Spurs will see the writing on the wall at national level and bring him in to replace Robinson at club level? :D 

I suppose cashing in now, while he's a hot commodity makes sense.  I don't see him ever displacing Reina long-term and he's clearly not interested in being back-up.  Hopefully Padelli is enough cover.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 11, 2007 7:36 pm

I would have preferred Carson to stay and fight for his position, but I can understand how hard it is for him to step back into the reserves after the season he has had. Would be a great goalkeeper to step in if Reina was injured or needed a rest but I dont think quite good enough to become first choice while Reina is with us.

I think Carson is a bargain at £4million, but its nice to make a profit on a player for a change.
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:46 am

This is a difficult one. On the one side, I would really like him to stay, as he has indeed shown himself to be quite the prospect this season for Charlton. On the other hand, if we were to receive a good amount of money and he himself wants to leave, then that is probably the right thing to do. I do believe that another keeper will be brought in then though, unless Padelli has impressed Rafa really much, which I for one don't have any clue about!
JamCar05

Return to The Rumour Mill