Aimar requests to leave valencia

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:22 pm

Paul C wrote:To be honest John sometimes people become complacent when their not happy, I've worked at the same place for 8 years now and to be honest I should have left about 3 years ago but have just done the bare minimum work, I need to move on cos I'm not learning and the place I'm at is draging me down, I've got a job interview on Monday cos I've realised I've been here too long now, sounds a lot like aimar so maybe he's also seen the light  ???  :;):

Sorry about my life story there but I thought it was appropriate to the thread.

I think that makes alot of sense mate, especially with regards to footballers they can become stale at clubs and need to move on to get a bit of excitement back.
I can see the point that bigmick and John Craig are saying but to be honest i disagree.
He probably wouldnt score more than 10 goals, but i think with an intelligent striker making clever runs, they would really benefit from playing alongside him.
If we signed Aimar at 5 million Bellamy at 6 million and Pennant at 3.5 million thats not exactly major money and would give us plenty of options to vary our attacking play.
Agreed Aimar couldnt play wide left but we will hopefully have Gonzalez and Kewell competing for that position.
Aimar might not necessarily be in my first 11, but we all know that Rafa loves to change players and systems depending on the opposition, with the amount of games we play i am sure he would start plenty of games and be happy with that, especially if we were performing well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lovebetis » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:52 pm

Today, Aimar has told that he will talk with Valencia about your future, when the world cup fin end. But he also tells that he´s very good on Valencia. though he say that also would like play to Villarreal with Riquelme.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:17 am

The fall-guy in the event of us signing Aimar would have to be Sissoko, as Alonso and Gerrard are just too good to drop.

But then, so is Momo.

It will NOT happen.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:33 pm

Liverpool to renew Valencia star interest
2006-06-05 12:18:00.0

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is ready to renew his interest in Valencia playmaker Pablo Aimar if a move for Seviila's Daniel Alves fails, writes Kevin Hatchard.
The Argentine international has been told he can quit the Mestalla by new Valencia sporting director Amedeo Carboni, and clubcall has learned that Benitez is considering the talented schemer as an alternative to Alves.

Although Aimar is not a right-winger as such, his ability to beat players and deliver good crosses means he can play in the centre of midfield or on the flank, and Benitez is well aware of his vision and trickery.
Liverpool's top priority is Brazilian wing-back Alves, but Sevilla are holding out for a somewhat prohibitive transfer fee of £12million for their prized asset, and Aimar may well prove a cheaper option. Indeed, the player's extensive experience of domestic, European and international football perhaps makes him a more accomplished player than Alves at this point in time.
Benitez ideally wants to sign two players capable of playing on the right flank for Liverpool, and efforts are still being made to lure Fulham 's Steed Malbranque to Anfield.

==============================================

ok so well nab the pair of em'  both these for under a tenner (mill) would be fantastic business imo.

yeah aimar might not happen, but never say never.....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:44 pm

I dont think he would be a good option on the right myself.
He can beat players but doesnt seem like he has much pace or strength.
If we signed him he would have to play in the hole linking midfield and attack and creating oppurtunities.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:38 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I dont think he would be a good option on the right myself.
He can beat players but doesnt seem like he has much pace or strength.
If we signed him he would have to play in the hole linking midfield and attack and creating oppurtunities.

He has pace, but he is a bit lightweight.

He is a very good player and i agree with St.Mich that you can't compare him with Luis Garcia, they are both different players in attributes.

He would be a good signing (if we get him, which is unlikely).
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:47 pm

Aimar is quick, good passing skills and I think hes a great player but not for right wing. There are better options for the right wing but as an attacking midfielder or second striker he would be great. He could perhaps play the gerrard role of last season starting on the right then drifting in to the centre. But if youwant someone to play that role who's better than Gerrard?
account deleted by request

Postby gato_busta » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:02 pm

s@int wrote:He could perhaps play the gerrard role of last season starting on the right then drifting in to the centre. But if youwant someone to play that role who's better than Gerrard?

But you can also look at it this way. Play Aimar on the right as Gerrard played last season and play Gerrard in middle of the field which is his best position :D .
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:18 pm

But you can also look at it this way. Play Aimar on the right as Gerrard played last season and play Gerrard in middle of the field which is his best position  .

But then we are back to where do you play Sissoko :D
account deleted by request

Postby lovebetis » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:29 pm

Here, the newspapers say that Valencia will sell him for more of 10 millions of euros.
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:46 pm

From Sky Sports:

Liverpool are believed to have rejected the chance of signing Pablo Aimar and will now likely step up their efforts to sign Alberto Zapater from Real Zaragoza.

The Reds' decision not to move for Aimar could very well bolster their prospects of landing Zapater - as Real Zaragoza are favourites to land the Argentinian.

Aimar's agent Gustavo Mascardi is less than enamoured about Valencia's offer to Liverpool.

"We have confirmation about offers with several clubs, this situation is incredible because Valencia did not speak with us," he said.

Spanish sources suggest Zaragoza could now land Aimar for around €10 million and Mascardi confirmed: "There is an interest."

One issue over Zapater could be the fact that Valencia also want him and they could very well ask for him as part of the Aimar deal.

Liverpool's new chief scout Eduardo Macia - who has replaced Paco Herrara - is understood to be working on the issue of Zapater with Rafa Benitez.

Meanwhile, Mascardi confirmed that another one of his charges at Valencia - Roberto Ayala - could sign an extension in the near future.

"The president has promised Ayala a few more years on his contract and we are looking at this," he said.

"There are no problems and we have begun talking."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:23 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:If Aimar was to arrive it could mean the return of the 4-2-3-1 as the main system. I don’t think there is a midfield role for him in our team. This season we have often played with 2 strikers, one of them being the second deeper striker, I think Aimar would be perfect for this, it would mean that we would only need to go out and buy one proper out and out striker that can play back to goal and is still fairly dynamic, but this would be a kick in the teeth for Garcia. Just imagine hypothetically though:

Reina

Finnan Hyypia Carragher Riise

Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Kewell

Aimar
                     Crouch/or new striker

Would we have to change our style of play that much? I think not, I think he would bring that much needed incisive play just outside of the box. In theory we could bring him as 1 our 2 strikers and still have the option of playing a 4-4-2 with 2 out and out strikers from Crouch, Fowler and the new man. Plus it would give us the versatility of playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 effectively, I don’t think it would mean such a big adjustment to our system or style, I think he could provide an interesting option and an incisive edge to our play, but the big question is, what about Garcia?

No Gonzalez???
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:17 am

cant actually remember when the lad was in the headlines for something on the pitch,either for club or country,infact have Argentina even took him.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:56 am

yeah his in the squad just he aint as good as riquelme
kobashi

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill