Frank rijkaard leave galatasaray - Well?....

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 pm

jacdaniel wrote:I think MON would do a decent job.  But i also think we'd be playing a target man and quite negative.

the first thing he'd do would be sign heskey back
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Wouldn't want Rijkaard without Ten Cate - if that's the case I would prefer Pellegrini

I'm about as excited about the prospect of Pellegrini as I was in the summer which is not at all. If and when Hodgson goes I think it has to be Kenny to step in to allow the club to make a proper and exhaustive search for a new manager in the off-season. You're never going to poach a top manager mid-season which would leave you with the likes of Mon and Riikjard as your only options. It needs to be in the summer if we're to go out and get someone of true pedigree like a Van Gaal or a Guss Hiddink.

I think we need to realise we aren't going to get a top class manager - ones like Van Gaal or Hiddink aren't going to come to us - its the next level of managers we will be looking at - Pellegrini has a very good track record and has experience of building a team up .

Then you're sights for this club are too low mate. I understand why the big guns wouldn't want to touch us with the debt and the ownership issues but things have changed or did I miss something? Obviously we will have to be able to pay top dollar for a new man and no doubt give him some assurances so far as transfers funding goes. Do you really think we are a 2nd rate proposition? Even with the new ownership?

I do unfortunatly - we need to find success again first to make us more attractive . We are no longer the club managers would jump at - and we havent been for a fair number of years . Even when we werent under the yanks - Maureen turned us down .
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:I think MON would do a decent job.  But i also think we'd be playing a target man and quite negative.

the first thing he'd do would be sign heskey back

The thing I like about Rikjaard is his ability to attract top European talent. His time at Barcelona will of given him a level of kudos that other managers such as MON and even Dalglish couldn't achieve.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:19 pm

No thanks ....For Frank Rijkaard Liverpool ....see .... Ruud Gullit Newcastle .....  but Hodgson needs to go soon and be replaced asap
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:24 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:rijkaard is a good manager .... furthermore ( correct me if I wrong ) look at Barca now and the now that he manage Barca ... it almost the same team ... in short the Barca players now is from his team ..

exactly its almost the same team. Even you could manage that team and do well.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Rijkaard has his own 6 page thread but the lad we have apparantly approached, Pellegini hasn't... good to see the fans helping to keep the secret!! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Reg wrote:Rijkaard has his own 6 page thread but the lad we have apparantly approached, Pellegini hasn't... good to see the fans helping to keep the secret!! :laugh:

:laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:44 pm

stmichael wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i would prefer MON over Rijkaard.

on what basis?

well first of all, Rijkaard without Ten Cate is like Rafa without Paco - horrible. as much as Rijkaard's CV is admirable, he achieved it with a club of superstars. MON on the other hand, has gradually turned Villa into top 4 contenders.

his player spotting ability is also pretty impressive considering the number of good English youngsters at Villa currently and also players such as Young and Agbonlahor were good spots.

furthermore, the Barry saga impressed me as many times over the years we have seen our players leave on the cheap. MON was incredibly stubborn and refused to accept a penny less which is good for any club.

last season, Villa beat all of the top 4 teams(including us) except Arsenal which is a great achievement considering the supposed limited resources he had. im just afraid with Rijkaard, we might here excuses such as "needing time to settle in" or something like that.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
stmichael wrote:

on what basis?

well first of all, Rijkaard without Ten Cate is like Rafa without Paco - horrible. as much as Rijkaard's CV is admirable, he achieved it with a club of superstars. MON on the other hand, has gradually turned Villa into top 4 contenders.

his player spotting ability is also pretty impressive considering the number of good English youngsters at Villa currently and also players such as Young and Agbonlahor were good spots.

furthermore, the Barry saga impressed me as many times over the years we have seen our players leave on the cheap. MON was incredibly stubborn and refused to accept a penny less which is good for any club.

last season, Villa beat all of the top 4 teams(including us) except Arsenal which is a great achievement considering the supposed limited resources he had. im just afraid with Rijkaard, we might here excuses such as "needing time to settle in" or something like that.

Ten Cate vs Paco ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Bermenstein wrote:Would you like to see him visit Liverpool in the near future???

what does th8is have to do with LFC??

Thats like saying. I saw my next door neighbour leave asda last friday night with 2 bags of shopping.

pure speculation
Joeblackisachimp

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:38 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
stmichael wrote:

on what basis?

Ten Cate vs Paco ...

Cage fight
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 pm

supersub wrote:Rumour spreading like wildfire around Melwood is Frank Rijkaard in Liverpool now , accompanied by Steve G, Torres & Kenny D....Hodgson to announce his resignation after tonight's game whatever the score.......please confirm Lakes

As Lakes' source I can confirm that this is true.  :p
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Why he should never be Liverpool manager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfpaPIVO69Y
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:59 pm

Yeah that's right after all we really need someone like Gary Lineker who was never booked in his life but has no experience of coaching or management.
shabelle50

Postby mart » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Far from my first choice but i'd prefer him over roy.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill