Bellamy gone to whu - Still looking at youssi

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Jimmymac » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:27 pm

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has revealed Craig Bellamy has left to join West Ham.

The Reds have decided to let Bellamy move on after just one season at Anfield.

The record signing of Fernando Torres pushed Bellamy further down the pecking order at Liverpool and West Ham have moved quickly to offer him a way out of Anfield.

West Ham have been keen to bolster their attack and they have been frustrated in their attempts to sign Darren Bent, Mark Viduka and Djibril Cisse already this summer.

Alan Curbishley is actively scouring the market for reinforcements and Bellamy's move could help pave the way for Carlos Tevez to join Manchester United.

Benitez speaking after Liverpool's 3-2 friendly win over Wrexham, confirmed Bellamy had agreed to move to Upton Park.

"He's signed for West Ham, it's done," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

"He knew what I thought and I think it's a good move for him."

When asked if Djibril Cisse had sealed his expected move to Marseille, Benitez said: "Yep, it's done also."

Liverpool have been linked with a move for West Ham's Yossi Benayoun and Benitez confirmed talks are ongoing regarding a deal for the Israeli international.

"I don't know. (If he's coming) It's clear he'd like to come," continued Benitez

"We've made an offer and now we need to wait.

"He's a player I like. We've made an offer, now they said no.

"Now we need to wait because he's a good player for me. "

Source

So bellamy goes, reportedly for around the 8 million mark, didnt we only pay about 6 for him, not bad to make a coupe of million on him if thats true.

Good player but just one too many main strikers there for him to be happy and I wish him well with WHU.

End of the report suggests we are still in for Youssi. Although I think rafa is basically saying we put a low offer in for him and aint gonna raise it, its up to WHU if they want to keep him.....
Jimmymac

Postby Elchris » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:49 pm

it seems that west ham wants 8 million for yossi..... Is he worth that much...?

F.uck off  , we should be able to find a better player for that sum.
Elchris

Postby Paul C » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Elchris wrote:it seems that west ham wants 8 million for yossi..... Is he worth that much...?

F.uck off  , we should be able to find a better player for that sum.

I'd prefer the £8m goes towards Quaresma  :;):  :eyebrow

If we get Yossi then I can't see Rafa shelling out on Quaresma too, unless he's selling Pennant  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:18 pm

Apparently there is a contractual issue that needs to be resolved on Monday between Bellamy and the club in order for the transfer to go ahead.

The fee is £7.5m.
LFC2007

Postby cpc4eva » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:10 am

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=347097

Rafa Benitez was left with egg on his face last night after declaring the Craig Bellamy deal was done, even though the player was still arguing over contract conditions.

The Welsh international is almost certainly leaving Liverpool for West Ham, but the player and his representatives were left feeling hurried out of the door when Benitez confirmed the deal, despite negotiations continuing.

Bellamy, renowned for his stubbornness, is refusing to go anywhere unless he is paid what he claims to be owed from his contract with Liverpool, signed only twelve months ago.

An insider close to the deal told the Daily Mail: “Rafa jumped the gun and I don’t think his announcement has helped things.”

Despite Liverpool agreeing an £8m fee and the player agreeing personal terms with West Ham, the deal won’t go through until Bellamy is happy. Which means we could be waiting a while.
cpc4eva

Postby lfcseb » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:35 pm

glad to get rid of bellamy, didnt fit in with us
lfcseb

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:52 am

Does anyone knows that how much wages will he get from westham?
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:17 am

I seem to remember having read somewhere, that he'll be on about 70.000 - 75.000 a week. Not bad for a player of his standard!
JamCar05

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:26 pm

JamCar05 wrote:I seem to remember having read somewhere, that he'll be on about 70.000 - 75.000 a week. Not bad for a player of his standard!

Sorry my friend but i am not agree with you :no

I think that it is too much for a player like him
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:28 pm

???  That's what I'm implying too though. That he certainly should be happy with that wage, considering he's not a great but merely a quite good footballer.
JamCar05

Postby westhamrob » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:05 pm

benayoun is a great signing for you lot, hate the way he was treated at our club. You have got a bargain in yossi (4mill?) considering the like of kamara,koumass,chopra go for 5-7 million
westhamrob

Postby red_guy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:35 am

westhamrob wrote:benayoun is a great signing for you lot, hate the way he was treated at our club.

can you elaborate more on the  'way he was treated' part. Thank you. By the way, what's wrong with west ham last season? problems with players or the management?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ray Pugh » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:02 pm

red_guy wrote:
westhamrob wrote:benayoun is a great signing for you lot, hate the way he was treated at our club.

can you elaborate more on the  'way he was treated' part. Thank you. By the way, what's wrong with west ham last season? problems with players or the management?

I believe he was treated with Ronseal's Ultra Tough Clear Varnish

It does exactly what it says on the tin, only Yossi went and used it on his hair

:eyebrow
Ray Pugh

Return to The Rumour Mill