Craig bellamy - On his way to liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:27 pm

Bellamy could be a replacement for Cisse.  One arrogant thug for another.
???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Sparky » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:29 pm

you sound like you were bulled at school !!! arrogant thug !!?  :D
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:34 pm

So which one isn't an arrogant thug?
:D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:47 pm

so what if he is arrogant if he does the business!!!

About time people stopped acting as if we are in the 1920's and wisen up to the fact that we will be 2nd best if we do not get players with a bit of fire in their belly

Roy Keane
Steve McMahon

players who hated to lose not show boaters who are more concerned with the state of their hair!!!

I know lets sign all of players and put them in finishing school!!!
RedWolf35

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:58 pm

Don't get me wrong - fire in the belly is a good thing, beating wives and teenagers up isn't.  I've no objection to tough but fair players like Steve McMahon.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:22 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:so what if he is arrogant if he does the business!!!

About time people stopped acting as if we are in the 1920's and wisen up to the fact that we will be 2nd best if we do not get players with a bit of fire in their belly

Roy Keane
Steve McMahon

players who hated to lose not show boaters who are more concerned with the state of their hair!!!

I know lets sign all of players and put them in finishing school!!!

Thats cos neither had much hair  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:41 am

Liverpool to sign Bellamy for £6m

Dominic Fifield
Saturday June 17, 2006
The Guardian

Craig Bellamy will join Liverpool next week for £6m after Rafael Benítez chose to activate a get-out clause for that amount, due to expire at the end of the month, in the striker's contract with Blackburn Rovers.
The Wales international, a Liverpool supporter as a child, has proved a controversial figure in recent years, not least after his very public falling-out with the then Newcastle United manager Graeme Souness when he was at St James' Park. He will replace the outgoing Djibril Cissé at Anfield, as talks continue with Marseille to loan the injured France striker to the French club with a view to a permanent move.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bellamy's desire to leave Ewood Park since his £5m purchase from Newcastle after a season of relative resurgence under his former Wales mentor Mark Hughes will disappoint Rovers, who had hoped to persuade the 26-year-old to remain in east Lancashire. But the clause in the striker's contract was due to expire at the end of June, after which Blackburn could have demanded a higher fee for their leading scorer from last season, with Liverpool finally choosing to make a move after months of deliberation.
The striker had made it clear he would favour joining Liverpool, who will offer him an immediate return to the Champions League, and Hughes was unable to persuade him otherwise. Even so, Benítez needed convincing that Bellamy, who scored 17 goals last season, was the right man to partner Peter Crouch on Merseyside.

Indeed, Benítez's initial plan was to pursue the Charlton Athletic striker Darren Bent. But once it became clear that Liverpool could not sell Cissé for about £8m - as had been hoped until he suffered a double fracture to his right leg in a friendly for France - those plans quickly shifted. Although Bent has enjoyed only one season in the Premiership, Bellamy actually represents a cheaper option in terms of his transfer fee and undoubtedly offers more proven pedigree.

but is he good enough for us...  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:52 pm

Yes he is. He had a great season with Blackburn and has done well with Wales also. His pace is electric. He is a bit of a tw*t but, as I said earlier in the thread, once Gerrard, Carra and Rafa get hold of him he will soon knuckle down and concentrate on what he's good at - football! :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby wee_boi888 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:04 pm

weringo wrote:£7million Bellamy lined up by Tottenham Hotspur

Why would he bid 7Mil, when he has a 6Mil Clause...???
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Because its Spurs and they want to look bigger and better then us!! :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:01 pm

bellamy yes. 6m these days is cheap. Proven scorer and strong worker.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:29 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:bellamy yes. 6m these days is cheap. Proven scorer and strong worker.

Proven goalscorer my :censored:! how many premier league goals has he scored again? i doubt its even 50. He has never even scored 15 league goals in a season. Overated pace merchant if u ask me.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:03 am

wee_boi888 wrote:

The clause is only activated for teams who play in the champions league.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:04 am

I've already said in another thread on here that i'm unsure about us going for Bellamy but that is only 'cos of his off-field antics. The only place he's had any real football related problems as far as i can remember is at Newcastle and lets face it most players at Newcastle or either losers or dickheads.  :p  Rafa has got a firm hand when it comes to players attitudes and if we do go for him then I'm sure he will be told that under no circumstances will any on or off field antics/bad behaviour be tolerated by the club. At 6 million it offers a good stop gap signing 'til we can offload Cisse and get investment in from somewhere.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:37 am

davo_LFC wrote:
wee_boi888 wrote:

The clause is only activated for teams who play in the champions league.

Ta, thanks mate.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill