Youssi benayoun - ?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:34 am

Rafa had had a very disappointing night and was walking the streets of Athens for five hours after the game

Wow, Rafa took that hard, didn't he?

That's good though, shows passion and desire.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:02 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Rafa had had a very disappointing night and was walking the streets of Athens for five hours after the game

Wow, Rafa took that hard, didn't he?

That's good though, shows passion and desire.

Rafa had no bedroom so hadn't much option.  :D That was one of the original complaints, that there was no rooms for the players and staff after the game.

Unless he was trying to earn extra transfer funds "walking the streets"  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:20 am

Non quoted part of the article

The manager talked last month of moving immediately to secure the top-class targets he wanted, but today the ambition has switched from Samuel Eto’o, the Barcelona striker, to more prosaic names such as Diego Forlán, Darren Bent and Yossi Benayoun, who was the subject of what West Ham United considered a derisory offer on Wednesday.

Quoted park of the article.

“What we’ve said and what Rafa has said was that we had a programme and he would share that with us and that we would support it. The first part was that we identified a number of our existing star players [José Manuel Reina, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso] whom Rafa wanted to sign on long-term contracts. That was the first step and it has been done. Now we’re moving on to phase two, which is bringing players in.”

Gillett remains reluctant to discuss figures and describes the budget as “player-specific and situation-specific”. Already there have been rumours of disagreements with Hicks over the level of investment in the squad. Gillett does not confirm this directly but says: “We go through everything together and if one or other of us doesn’t feel that it’s something we’re comfortable with, we’re highly respectful of that.

:D I love this bits of journalism, they first put the quotes, and then they insult the readers intelligence by assimilating the quotes for them. I trully can't understand sometimes how they reach the non quoted part of the article's conclussions.

I don't know why they think that if part a) of the plan is to secure players like Gerrard, Carra , Reina and Alonso, the b) part of the plan is to buy players like Benayoun only.  :oops: In what part of the quotes do they read that?  :oops: Does it make sense at all?  :oh: Does the approach to a decent player mean that higher targets will be discarded? why? Does the fact Chelsea brings the likes of SIdwell and Pizarro mean they won't sign any important player this summer? I don't think so!

For that matter we all know the part a) of the plan is well fulfilled and the important members of the squad have a new contract. So I can only expect the signing ups part being important aswell, and probably exciting with a big name or maybe two. Then the other signings will be good players, not great, which is also needed in any squad.

But the journos always like to see "disagreements", "lacks of money", and "fustrations" when it comes to Liverpool. I guess that's the kind of thing a London reader wants to read to take the tea!!

“With regard to Man United, I think what we would say is that they were way down in their investment in the transfer market last year and in my view this [their recent outlay] is averaging out,” Gillett says. “We are pleased with Rafa and his strategy. It’s not dissimilar to what he outlined to us in February. His belief is to look for players with the proper chemistry to enhance the team. We support Rafa. He has a programme under way and, as that unfolds, that will be the time for us to be judged, not now.”

The quoted parts are always more possitive than the not quoted ones, and FWIW, that last quote is absolutelly right.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:54 am

Benayoun asks to leave as Liverpool confirm £3m offer

Dominic Fifield and Daniel Taylor
Saturday June 16, 2007
The Guardian

The Israel midfielder Yossi Benayoun has indicated to West Ham United that he wishes to leave the club, having been unsettled by confirmation that Liverpool have made a bid of around £3m for him.
Rafael Benítez hopes to add Benayoun, whom he has tracked since his days at Racing Santander, to his ranks as he seeks further midfield options with Liverpool's chief executive, Rick Parry, confirming that a formal approach was made to West Ham last week. That offer was immediately rejected as the Londoners value the 27-year-old at nearer £5m.

Benítez remains optimistic of reaching a compromise to land the Israeli but the Merseysiders' long-standing interest in Darren Bent will only result in a transfer if Charlton Athletic radically reduce their valuation of the England forward. The Championship club had agreed to sell Bent to West Ham for £17m, only for the striker to reject the move following talks over personal terms at Upton Park.
Charlton have insisted that the valuation has effectively been set by West Ham's offer but Liverpool - who are competing with Tottenham Hotspur for his signature - would only be willing, and able, to offer around £10m for the 23-year-old. Furthermore, Benítez has other priorities to pursue in the market, with any deal potentially reliant on the sale of his Wales striker Craig Bellamy.

In the guardian: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2104291,00.html
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:27 am

Well hopefully we start making singings soon. All the talk was on us getting Henry and Eto'o now were settling for Bent and Benayoun who are both good players but both players were playing for teams at the relegation last season

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:44 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/06/16/darren-s-bent-on-kop-deal---89520-19305842/

Benitez will not pay more than £12m for the striker, West Ham's Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun meanwhile, has put in a formal transfer request, in an attempt to force to move to Liverpool, after the Anfield club made a £2m offer earlier this week.

I have to be honest and put my hand on my heart I dont think either of them are good enough for us

If Bent signs for us whats the bet he will be sold after the end of the season because he didnt do the buisness for us, I dont know there is something about Benitez and pacy forwards that doesnt seem to work, Cisse gone, Bellamy looks to be going, I will say I was wrong should he sign and be a success for us but some how I doubt it very much.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:32 am

Ciggy wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/06/16/darren-s-bent-on-kop-deal---89520-19305842/

Benitez will not pay more than £12m for the striker, West Ham's Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun meanwhile, has put in a formal transfer request, in an attempt to force to move to Liverpool, after the Anfield club made a £2m offer earlier this week.

I have to be honest and put my hand on my heart I dont think either of them are good enough for us

If Bent signs for us whats the bet he will be sold after the end of the season because he didnt do the buisness for us, I dont know there is something about Benitez and pacy forwards that doesnt seem to work, Cisse gone, Bellamy looks to be going, I will say I was wrong should he sign and be a success for us but some how I doubt it very much.

Hopefully Charlton try to hold out for 17m, so Rafa tells them to feck off, he is not good enough for us. In the last 2 seasons he's scored 2 goals against the the top four....
If he was to cost us a couple of Million above the sale of Bellamy, then ok we could take a chance, but at anywhere near 17m we'd have no chance of re-couping that, and it would probably mean he was our 'top' signing.
Come on you Spurs!! buy him pls.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:39 am

I have to say I agree with you.

And before anyone jumps on my back about the fact its only a "rumour" .... DONT BOTHER !

If we've gone from rumours and speculation to signing players lilke Eto and Tevez to Bent and Yossi, then the mind certainly boggles. This is a VERY important summer for Rafa in some people eyes in ' Do or Die ' and with signing the latter mentioned players may come with the latter in phrase.
66-1112520797

Postby tyler » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:46 am

I don't know how most people feel,but If we are going for Benayoun,then we are settling for average players.I am about a 50-50 on Bent,if Bellamy is leaving then we sure can accomodate Bent.Though he is not exactly a brilliant player,he can improve under Rafa.But not at 17m..no please.
But Benayoun is a big no-no.He was average in an average club.Don't know what impressed Rafa.
tyler

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:55 am

Thats probably true to Ciggy, its great Rafa recognises that his moves dont work out, But for my likening its happening just as much as the signing of key players he keeps.
66-1112520797

Postby johnlennon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:05 am

i can see us going for a guy who is a forward for sampdoia sorry i cant spell his name! :D
when you walk in the storm..............
johnlennon

Postby Elchris » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:16 am

The American talk to0 much... talk n talk n tallk

one minute they say they'll sign 'snoop dog' if rafa wanted and we wont 'panic buy' 'spend like druken sailor'.....

I'm still waiting...!! Let wait till the la liga end...then...let wait till copa american end...let be 'patient' guyz
Elchris

Postby johnlennon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:28 am

trust them once la liga is over then its game on!! one way ticket for torres!
when you walk in the storm..............
johnlennon

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:29 pm

Its ok to bring in players like Bent and Benayoun but they shouldnt be priority. Someone brought up the point of waiting for La liga to finish first. I think thats correct i think after the Spanish league has finished its game on

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:11 pm

Who from La Liga though?  Can anyone see us signing the real big players in La Liga or is it going to be someone like Raul.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill