Craig bellamy - On his way to liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:07 am

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:10 am

:D   Since the PC brigade took over the world, you miss the old dwarf throwing days!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:37 pm

:)  fwiw bellamy could be well worth the baggage. diouf and cisse were/are just mercenaries. this lad can play a bit, so the odd tantrum isnt that much of a problem. besides, stevie and the boys would iron out any 'head' games im sure.

wouldnt mind him here anyway.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby gato_busta » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:04 pm

DAMN LEON!!!

:D you really got my hopes up :D

All this waiting for a new signing is getting on my nerves
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:08 pm

Rafa plotting striker swap    Fri, Jun 09 2006 11:53
Rafa Benitez is set to launch a bid for Blackburn ace Craig Bellamy in a player-plus-cash deal involving Florent Sinama Pongolle.
The Reds boss remains keen to recruit a striker this summer but has seen his spending power slashed following the collapse of Djibril Cisse's departure from Anfield.

Benitez was hoping to use the money raised from the Frenchman's departure to fund a move for Holland international Dirk Kuyt, but is unlikely to afford his £10million price tag with Cisse facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a broken leg.

Welsh frontman Bellamy is available for a cut-price £6million courtesy of a release clause in his Ewood Park contract allowing him to move should a Champions League qualified club meet that asking price.

With Pongolle keen to make a permanent move to Rovers following a successful loan spell last season, Benitez will hope to include the French starlet as a makeweight in the deal.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pakat » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:29 pm

It would be better for us to get Bellamy because we need a fast striker to replace Cisse
Pakat

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:49 pm

:laugh: Dwarf tossing. :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:23 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Rafa plotting striker swap    Fri, Jun 09 2006 11:53
Rafa Benitez is set to launch a bid for Blackburn ace Craig Bellamy in a player-plus-cash deal involving Florent Sinama Pongolle.
The Reds boss remains keen to recruit a striker this summer but has seen his spending power slashed following the collapse of Djibril Cisse's departure from Anfield.

Benitez was hoping to use the money raised from the Frenchman's departure to fund a move for Holland international Dirk Kuyt, but is unlikely to afford his £10million price tag with Cisse facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a broken leg.

Welsh frontman Bellamy is available for a cut-price £6million courtesy of a release clause in his Ewood Park contract allowing him to move should a Champions League qualified club meet that asking price.

With Pongolle keen to make a permanent move to Rovers following a successful loan spell last season, Benitez will hope to include the French starlet as a makeweight in the deal.

I really want us to sign him, I think he'd be a revelation and I don't think he'd act a :censored: here because there are too many big names in our dressing room and I'm sure he'd be respecful. I could be wrong of course, and who knows how he'd act. I think for £6m its a risk worth taking, as worst case scenario we'd sell him for what we paid.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:24 pm

For what its worth, I think he a is a great player.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:32 pm

as I have said earlier I have watched this guy play live for Coventry and his movement off the ball is excellent, add that to his desire to win and speed and you have got one hell of a player

Bellamy is a winner and plays with fire in his belly, so what if he's an arrogant little sod!!!!

I would take him over Owen any day of the week!!!

Come on Rafa make a move and put us out of our misery!!!

:bowdown
RedWolf35

Postby red37 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:44 pm

much needed pace upfront is vital, particularly so in the light that the two remaining certs for next season, ie crouch and fowler have little as it is. bellamy could be more than effective as an outlet.

forgive my ignorance..where is his most potent position?

reason i ask is in relation to kewell/gonzalez/riise/zenden  etc, who obviously between them have left-midfield pretty much covered. that then suggests a more central or right sided role? if of course true...

either way id be made up with his services.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:02 pm

I really want us to sign him, I think he'd be a revelation and I don't think he'd act a  here because there are too many big names in our dressing room and I'm sure he'd be respecful. I could be wrong of course, and who knows how he'd act. I think for £6m its a risk worth taking, as worst case scenario we'd sell him for what we paid.

I think signing Bellamy would be a huge gamble and most probably a huge mistake not in terms of the money but in his attitude and ability." Respectful " ? How respectful was he to Shearer who was like a god to the Newcastle sheep. He is a good player not great who has never scored over 20 goals in a season( as far as I am  aware)even when he was playing with the best CF in England. Souness and Shearer couldn't tame him. I would even take Bent or Defoe before Bellamy (and I dont rate them as great players) at least they have time to improve. If we buy 2 strikers (one quality one)he may be worth taking a chance on but as our main buy NO.
account deleted by request

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:12 pm

I wouldn't mind us signing Bellamy, especially for 6 million, but I'd hardly be dancing in the street either.  As a footballer he's talented and I like watching him play, but as a person he's a kunt.

If you look at his record he actually doesn't score as many goals as he should, although I'll admit he has been slightly more prolific for Celtic and Blackburn than his previous clubs.  If we sign him imo it should only be to replace Cisse as someone who can be brought on to stretch teams with his pace, but he wouldn't be an automatic starter for me.  We still need someone who'll get around 20 league goals and be the focal point of our attack, Bellamy is not that player.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:13 pm

A gamble worth taking in my book.  I think he's matured somewhat since his Newcastle days (not setting the SPL alight with Celtic was a bit of a wake up call perhaps).  He has never been a 20+ goals man but I think he has the potential to be there or there abouts with the right service.  Plus, some of the skill he's shown with his finishing is right out of the top drawer.  Definitely worth a punt at 6 mill given that we now seem somewhat skint following Dijbs' misshap.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:15 pm

I just saw him in the Basque COuntry - Wales match, and I liked his attitude, one of those players that do not want to lose never, he was reasonably fast and lively, but not that he impressed me. Perhaps 6m is a bit too much?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill