Youssi benayoun - ?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Redtribe » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 am

I do agree that they have different qualities but i also belive that they both can hold a similar role in the team.

Both will make good impact players coming off the bench if needed.
Both (imo) are flair players and by that i mean have the vision to try things a little out of the ordinary to try and catch opponents out.

I know some may disagree with this but i belive they both operate in a similar area of the pitch which is maybe more the final 3rd for Garcia but certainly both are most effective in the opppositions half. It really depends in which role Luis is being used in, Bennayoun most certainly i wouldn't have thought be played second striker.

But i do belive that Bennayoun will put more pressure on Garcia's role at the club which can only be a good thing.

I think Sabre makes a really interesting point about playing one winger on one side and a wide midfielder on the other and that could be a huge reason for Rafa to be looking at him.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:16 am

The Hitman wrote:a bit old for sucking his thumb as well !...:

he sucks his thumb cause he dedicates each goal to his kid who is still a baby.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The Hitman » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:41 pm

crazyhorse wrote:
The Hitman wrote:Beanyoun is better than Garcia. Garcia is gash and would have been dropped by utd , :censored: or chelsea by now. The amigo helps our opponents more than he helps liverpool by passing the ball to them all day long ,  he's a bit old for sucking his thumb as well !...not that he gets to suck it very often these days mind you :angry:

What a well stated and correct post....

NOT    :angry:

Garcia does sometimes give the ball away but he is not gash. He is a big game player whose goals helped us to th EC final in 2005. Watch him play, observe his movement off the ball and consider how handy the goals he would have scored if he had not been injured would have been to us.

To say he is gash shows your football ignorance.

Hes a sqaud player and thats his place , never liked him and his goals are flukey as f uck

Benayoun is twice the player gracias ever will be
The Hitman

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:12 pm

bigmick wrote:If people do compare benayoun to Garcia they shouldn't as they are totally different players. One is a ball carrier by trade, who picks it up between the lines and ooks to unhinge defences with direct running and a subtle through ball. The other is a trickster (Ok Judge and occasionally a ball-waster) who looks to unhinge a defence with deft deflections and subtlety of movement. One offers a very significant goal threat, and one one doesn't. One is sonsistent and retains posession well, one isn't and doesn't. They are both good players (Garcia is an exceptional one IMHO) but they aren't really similar in my opinion.

I'll agree they have different styles of play in an attacking sense Mick but for all intensive purposes they fill the same role for the team.  A wide midfield playmaker who's intention is to damage centrally rather than play as a winger.  Benayoun's a playmaker in the sense he'll carry the ball and pick out good passes.  Garcia's an unorthodox playmaker in his own right in that his movement will drag defences all over the shop creating space for other attackers, and he's also likely to get on the end of a chance himself. 

Both can open up defences in their own way.  Neither can track.  Neither can tackle.  Realistically you couldn't play both in the same starting 11 and therefore in my opinion a comparison's more than valid.

I do agree with you on Garcia being an exceptional player Mick.  He's undervalued by a lot of people on here but he's contributed a hell of a lot to our cause since we signed him.  We missed his goals last season when he was out injured.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:30 pm

The Hitman wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:
The Hitman wrote:Beanyoun is better than Garcia. Garcia is gash and would have been dropped by utd , :censored: or chelsea by now. The amigo helps our opponents more than he helps liverpool by passing the ball to them all day long ,  he's a bit old for sucking his thumb as well !...not that he gets to suck it very often these days mind you :angry:

Garcia does sometimes give the ball away but he is not gash. He is a big game player whose goals helped us to th EC final in 2005. Watch him play, observe his movement off the ball and consider how handy the goals he would have scored if he had not been injured would have been to us.

Hes a sqaud player and thats his place , never liked him and his goals are flukey as f uck

What planet are you on lad?......beanyoun is just another lightweight, average player looking for a nice careerb move to a  big club soft enough to hand him a big wage packet for doing fukk all in return...and a club that will pay an over inflated price for him.......a club like ours will do him nicely. As for garcia he may offer us a bit more than beanyoun, but he also is a under achieving lightweight....we dont need either of them, why do we always have to settle for second rated  players!. :angry:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:32 pm

The Hitman wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:

flukey as f**k?

its called being able to score goals
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Benayoun would defiantly bring something new to our squad. We haven’t a genuine ball carrier at the moment and that’s what he is. He is a far better player than people are making out.

But I have to admit I would be a tad disappointed he if did sign. I don’t know how many attacking midfield players for the wide areas Rafa intends to buy this summer but I cant imagine it being much more than 1 or 2, and I was hoping these players were going to be a bit special.

Benayoun would have been a good signing last summer but unless Pennant is on his way out it is a bit of a strange one considering the players we already have at our disposal.

Saying that, he is a good ball carrier, and we desperately need one.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnlennon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:53 pm

i think we can all agree that this guy aint the calibre of player we want but we might not even get him yet?
when you walk in the storm..............
johnlennon

Postby Crouchie Man » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:31 pm

The very fact that we have a thread 17 pages long, discussing the possible signing of a player surplus to West Hams requirements, shows where we are at as a club at the moment.

Maybe I'm wrong, and we'll get Eto'o or a Villa, but does anyone here genuinely believe for a moment that that is going to happen. I'm getting sceptical myself.

Benayoun??  Jesus Wept
Crouchie Man

Postby clint » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 pm

id really like to see pablo aimar come to liverpool, he's simular to garcia but better in my eyes, i know raffa was interested in him when he was at valencia. can any of our spanish friends give us there view?
clint

Postby matrix » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:15 am

Liverpool likely to raise bid for West Ham's Benayoun...

By Jason Burt
Published: 22 June 2007
Liverpool were last night preparing to raise their bid for Yossi Benayoun to £4.5m - with West Ham United keen to do a deal if they can persuade Craig Bellamy to move to Upton Park.

The revised offer from Liverpool, who had initially offered £3m, comes close to the £5m that West Ham hoped to receive for the Israel international. The likelihood is that Liverpool will eventually agree to pay especially as Benayoun is desperate to join them.

West Ham have grown frustrated with the 27-year-old midfielder after he reneged on a verbal agreement to sign a lucrative new contract. That offer has subsequently been withdrawn but it will be tabled again if Benayoun, who has two years left on his current deal, pledges his future to West Ham when he returns from holiday next week.

Benayoun has been trailed by the Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez for some time. The Spaniard came close to making a bid last summer, as did Arsenal, and The Independent revealed earlier this month that Benitez was now determined to sign Benayoun, who first came to prominence at Racing Santander before joining West Ham two years ago for £2.5m.

Benayoun had threatened to hand in a transfer request when he held talks with West Ham at the end of the season. However, it had appeared that a new deal - doubling his pay to around £50,000 a week - and reassurances that he will play more regularly had persuaded him to stay. But once he became aware of Benitez's renewed interest Benayoun informed West Ham that he wanted more time before signing.

West Ham were determined to keep the player but after losing out on Darren Bent, with the Charlton striker changing his mind at the 11th hour on a £18m move, they have turned their attentions to Bellamy. The Welsh international can leave Anfield although his £12m valuation - twice what Liverpool paid Blackburn last summer - has scared off potential bidders.

West Ham will hope that if they offer a reduced fee plus Benayoun for Bellamy, then it will help secure the deal especially as they will also increase his wages. They regard Bellamy as an ideal partner for Dean Ashton, which further indicates that Carlos Tevez is leaving.

this tells me garcia will be leaving liverpool this summer...

more than likely to athletic madrid that will involve the torres deal...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crillylfc » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:16 pm

well if rafa is gona go from being linked with the likes of eto..villa..torres..........to actully puttin 4.5 million on the table for yossi....he may aswell just start giveing the 100m to charity!!at least its gona be used there!!
crillylfc

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill