Signing of the summer so far. - Neck on the block time.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm

GYBS wrote:and can see Doyle doing well at Wolves

Yes apparently he's had a hernia op and is only just getting fit. I think he'll go pretty well too, they paid 6.5 million for him apparently which is a club record so he'll need to.

I watched a fair bit of their game against Fulham at the weekend and he looked good and scored a typical poachers goal. I do think he'll absolutely have to go well if they are going to stay up, it will be a massive achievement if they can and he'll have to score heavily.

On a slight side note my main reasoin for having a look at it was watching the big centre half and Fulham, Hangelend. He was absolutely fecking terrible, so much so I was wondering if it was the same player I'd been impressed with the last time I saw him. For the type of money they'd want, I'd avoid to tell the truth.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:22 pm

yeah think he has been a bit effected by all the transfer specualtion about him but think he will come good - always liked doyle at reading and for 6.5 mil would of been a good shout for back up for us . and honest striker who always seems to pop up with goals
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:20 am

GYBS wrote:yeah think he has been a bit effected by all the transfer specualtion about him but think he will come good - always liked doyle at reading and for 6.5 mil would of been a good shout for back up for us . and honest striker who always seems to pop up with goals

Your man Doyle scored again yesterday mate, so did my man Bent :buttrock.

Gonna go all Kevin Keegan here and say I would "love it" if he could carry on his form by scoring against the Mancs next weekend. It would be a right touch if Sunderland could get something out of that.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 am

Well vermaleen showed his defensive flaws against fulham who tore them apart and were unlucky not to win let alone get something out of the game , arsenal were saved by their young keeper and johnson had the beating of vermaleen in the air all day and he isn't the tallest lad . He's had a good start vermaleen , would be interesting to see how he fares up against torres and drogba when the respective teams clash
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 pm

metalhead wrote:Best expensive signing : Glen Johnson

Middle: Gareth Barry, because he is a good player

Cheaper: naughton

Biggest Flop: Santa Cruz

How can Santa Cruz be called a flop he hasn't even played yet. Are you going to call Aquilani a flop as well then?  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 pm

bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:Best expensive signing : Glen Johnson

Middle: Gareth Barry, because he is a good player

Cheaper: naughton

Biggest Flop: Santa Cruz

How can Santa Cruz be called a flop he hasn't even played yet. Are you going to call Aquilani a flop as well then?  :laugh:

Seeing as though he posted before the season started i would take it that its a prediction mate  :)
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm

My predictions have hardly been successful up to now :(  Tevez has been injured, Barry has been ok but nothing special, I don't think Naughton has had a kick yet and Bent who I predicted to flop has been scoring for fun. Time yet though  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:09 am

Tevez popped up with 2 against west ham 2 days back
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Got to give another mention to my man Darren Bent today. Yet another goal (and a really good one too) and yet another goal against top four opposition. I think that's 7 goals in 8 games in the Premiership now. Still looks a bargain to me at 10 mill', and is definately IMHO worth more than 6 million, but of course it's early days yet.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:53 pm

bigmick wrote:Got to give another mention to my man Darren Bent today. Yet another goal (and a really good one too) and yet another goal against top four opposition. I think that's 7 goals in 8 games in the Premiership now. Still looks a bargain to me at 10 mill', and is definately IMHO worth more than 6 million, but of course it's early days yet.

So then... when are the two of you getting married :p. Just kidding mate (it's just that you seem to mention him quite often :D), I agree he has done very well up until now and definitely deserves to be mentioned among the best signings so far this season. I guess I shouldn't have taken him off my fantasy team this weekend after all :(.
JamCar05

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 pm

The only reason I keep on mentioning him mate is that I had a protracted discussion with another member pre season about him. Just rubbing it in a bit, as I'm sure he would have if he'd been right (which he wasn't :laugh:).
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:27 pm

bigmick wrote:The only reason I keep on mentioning him mate is that I had a protracted discussion with another member pre season about him. Just rubbing it in a bit, as I'm sure he would have if he'd been right (which he wasn't :laugh:).

Fair enough :D
JamCar05

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:48 am

bigmick wrote:Got to give another mention to my man Darren Bent today. Yet another goal (and a really good one too) and yet another goal against top four opposition. I think that's 7 goals in 8 games in the Premiership now. Still looks a bargain to me at 10 mill', and is definately IMHO worth more than 6 million, but of course it's early days yet.

Watch your back and shoulders, mate....

You're liable to wrench 'em if you're not careful with all that patting!

:D  :D  :laugh:

Joking micky.....

:D
ConnO'var

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:28 am

I know Conn I'll have to be careful. BTW, from what I gather it could be 8 in 8 games if he's awarded one that was a deflection against Hull. I've seen it and reckon it's nailed on. Apparantly he's only worth 6 million quid though ???
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:31 am

I'm very well impressed by Darren Bent's goal scoring record so far... but my question would be considering the fact that Torres is our main goal scorer, do we need another goal scorer or do we go for another striker who has different qualities to Torres and can well compliment him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion