Raul Meireles [Liverpool]
4%
Rafael van der Vaart [Spurs]
15%
Ronnie Stam [Wigan]
No votes

Total votes : 27

Postby ethanr » Sat May 14, 2011 8:39 pm

fivecups wrote:Yaya Toure has been the player of the season and the signing of the season. Absolutely immense player.

Except he cost 30 million.  11 goals in about 50 appearances which puts him about level with Maxi  :D Doesn't really get many assists.

To be honest, he can only play by himself.  His strength is his strength, he just runs past people and uses his body properly.  Not much of a team player if I'm honest. 

Chicharito cost 6 million pounds, a fifth off what Toure cost, and Chich is the reason manure won the title this year.  Sure, Toure is the reason city won the FA cup, I won't doubt that, but Chic has done so much for and at a fifth of the price.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:17 pm

I knew that the kid will be a great buy for United. When they bought Chicharito I started talking on here that he could really be an excellent player for Manchester and how we missed out on him, but people just laughed it off, saying that he'll be no better than N'Gog or something like that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat May 14, 2011 10:47 pm

ethanr wrote:To be honest, he can only play by himself.  His strength is his strength, he just runs past people and uses his body properly.  Not much of a team player if I'm honest. 

Chicharito cost 6 million pounds, a fifth off what Toure cost, and Chich is the reason manure won the title this year.  Sure, Toure is the reason city won the FA cup, I won't doubt that, but Chic has done so much for and at a fifth of the price.

I'm not sure why you think he's not a team player - for me he's one of the few City players who've made them somewhat of a unit this year.

I'd also argue he's contributed proportionally more to Citys season than Hernadez has to Uniteds, and has outperformed all the other big money signings, apart from Silva, by miles. I'd rather have Toure in my team (in fact I love it if he played for Liverpool) than Hernandez.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 am

it's a tie between Chicarito and Suarez. 10 votes each. i voted for the Mexican. taking into account his fee and the number of goals he scored, it's easily the best bargain i've seen in some time. it doesn't matter if he apparently is just at the "right place at the right time" or just scoring from tap-ins. goals are what matters in the end and he constantly produced them. he is pretty good in the air as well.

in the long run, i see Suarez being the better signing. he is more involved in the game and creates more. all in all, both players are great additions to the league. its just a shame that 1 of them plays for the wrong team.
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion