4%
Rafael van der Vaart [Spurs]
15%
Ronnie Stam [Wigan]
No votes

Total votes : 27

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:14 am

Additional Facts:

Ben Foster - had an amazing game against Chelsea and though he made an error in the League Cup semi finals, he made up for it by his match winning performance in the final which earned him his second Alan Hardaker Trophy in 3 years.

Carlos Salcido - for someone his age, he is still pretty impressive and quick. it was a very good buy for Fulham.

Cheik Tioté - he has been really consistent for Newcastle in midfield this season. similar to Essien in some ways and cost merely £3.5 million.

David Silva - started off slow and there were questions about his ability to adapt to the physicality but he has 11 assists and 5 goals to his name so far. links up really well with Tevez.

Demba Ba - if West Ham are to remain in the EPL, alot of hope would be placed on his shoulders and he has responded by scoring 4 goals in 5 games.

Javier Hernandez - i'm unsure what the exact fee was but it was below £10 million and he has already scored something like 16 goals this season. he has done really well unfortunately.

Luis Suarez - revelation.

Raul Meireles - has been on a red hot scoring form since hitting his first against Everton. at one point in time, he was actually our biggest, if not only, goal scoring threat! i'm sure he will score another 3 more goals at least before this season ends.

Rafael van der Vaart - 12 goals in 26 appearances, with 6 assists. and just £8 million. one that got away.

Ronnie Stam - this season has been a pretty good one for him. recently got called up to the Dutch team and was Player of the Season for his former club the season before. a right back which cost just £2 million, smart buy for a club of Wigan's stature.

I'm sure I have missed out on others but I really cannot think of any other players right now and I wanna go have lunch.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:16 am

i was strongly considering David Luiz as he has put in some really strong performances since arriving and scored important goals as well.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby anti-hero » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:53 am

credit where its due, the mancs picked up a hell of a player from literally nowhere.

hernandez has been a very good buy. but only so because he's had more time to prove himself.

but suarez is no slouch, im sure he's going to prove to be the better buy as the season wears on.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 am

1- Hernandez
2- Van Der Vaart
3- David Silva
4- Raul Meireles
5- Cheik Tiote

Without these players, their respective clubs would have been well and truly in trouble this season...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 am

Hernendez, Suarez, Van Der Vaart, Meireles and Tiote are my top 5
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:56 am

For me, whilst the january signings have had an immeadiate impact and can give them credit for it, I'm hesitant to give them a "signing of the season" accolode having only made 2 months of football.

I'd more or less agree with Ace with Foster edging above Meireles on consistancy, as Raul had a terrific run of 5 goals in 6 games, but has gone missing in quite a few games. Yes he is just finding his feet, but that's just what puts foster one place above him

1- Hernandez
2- Van Der Vaart
3- David Silva
4- Ben Foster
5- Raul Meireles

Suarez is the best January buy by far, probably followed by side show bob for chelsea
Last edited by Redman in wales on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:29 am

have to say VDV.  Suarez will be awesome though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Adel Taarabt :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:16 am

Kenny Dalglish. Yes he was already at the club but to get him to sign that manager contract was the best move we have made so far. An extension to that would be even better.

Other than that it has to be Torres. Not from Chelsea's point of view but ours. We got a stupid amount for him and enabled us to actually sign two class strikers.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:42 am

I hate to say Chicharito, but...

My top 5:

Chicharito
VDV
Suarez
Demba Ba
Luiz (Not on the list but hell..)

Hated Hernandez at first for two reasons. 1 manure signed him.  2 he's mexican (I'm American, it's a rivalry thing, I'm not racist, I swear!)  But he's scoring like crazy.

VDV scoring crazy amount of goals from midfield position.  Still mad we didn't go after him, tho no CL I'm pretty sure he wasn't interested.

Only been a little time, but Suarez has had an incredible impact already.

Demba Ba has been a revelation to West Ham.  They made a few good signings in January, but Demba Ba was cheap and he's played really well.  He's like what everybody was expecting Carlton Cole to be a couple years ago.

Luiz wasn't on the list, but he's been Chelsea's join top scorer since joining the club if I'm not mistaken? He's been really good defensively, and offensively he's been scoring in the big games, when it matters.  He's kind of like another Alex.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Bebe
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Unfortunately it has to be B1tcharito..keeping the leagues leading goal scored on the bench shows his quality. They found a gem the :censored:.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:33 pm

I dont know about Hernandez, I'm still undecided, his goals all seem like right place right time kind of things. He's a poacher by all means and a bloody good one at that but imo it doesn't make him particularly great. I'm going to give it another season before casting my verdict on 'little pea' anyway.

who else I'd choose though is the issue, I dont think any player has really stood out this season nevermind a new signing. Ultimately of the players listed I think Suarez and Luiz will be the ones that stand out in the league in years to come. Silva's also been solid but I don't think he'll get the run he deserves in a side full of egos
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Chicarito is the reason why Manure are where they are now. he's been immense! :(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby fivecups » Sat May 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Yaya Toure has been the player of the season and the signing of the season. Absolutely immense player.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion