Newcastle relegation hopes - Souness Sacked

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:11 pm

I have just took at look at the League table
Newcastle are 6 points off the drop
Sunderland are down near enough
I think portsmouth will go 2
But the 3rd spot is open for a number of teams
I was thinking (yes its a long shot but possible)
Newcastle are playing :censored: losing left right and centre.
If Newcastle did go down
Players like owen would leave and more than likley have a relegation release clause.
Well Bingo
Owen comes home, on the cheap with a bit of luck
Striker problem next season resolved
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:17 pm

mmmmmmm  anyone else here think this will get moved:D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:19 pm

When I was looking at the league last night I was thinking the exact same thing!!  Newcastle have lost their last 7 away games and haven't scored a single goal- relegation form!!! I know people will say there two good to go down but there not.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:34 pm

drummerphil wrote:mmmmmmm  anyone else here think this will get moved:D

the words pointless and thread come to mind.

1: they wont get relegated

2: its none of our business really
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:38 pm

Who are you to say they wont
2nd what business is it of ours-well if you read the post you would see Owen would be able to leave under a release clause and we could/would step in for him
you Blind Tw@
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:
drummerphil wrote:mmmmmmm  anyone else here think this will get moved:D

the words pointless and thread come to mind.

1: they wont get relegated

2: its none of our business really

Agreed

ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:50 pm

and judges desicion.. this shouldnt be in liverpool

so DAV, whos the blind tw@t now :p

souness sacked now anyways. any ideas for who will replace him?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:09 pm

:Oo:  :upside:  :down:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:12 pm

I want Newcastle to get relegated or at least finish very low in the Premiership, so Michael Owen says "Screw this, I'm going to Liverpool".

But if you think about it, Newcastle don't really need a manager who will deliver the Premiership or Champions League to them. They are so desperate to win ANY trophy, a manager who can win the Carling Cup would suffice.

Newcastle fans have got this delusion in their minds that they are somehow a "big club" despite winning....well....nothing.

I just wonder why any major manager in world football would be attracted to a club like that. They have a big stadium (or at least half a big stadium), but that's basically it.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:28 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:I want Newcastle to get relegated or at least finish very low in the Premiership, so Michael Owen says "Screw this, I'm going to Liverpool".

But if you think about it, Newcastle don't really need a manager who will deliver the Premiership or Champions League to them. They are so desperate to win ANY trophy, a manager who can win the Carling Cup would suffice.

Newcastle fans have got this delusion in their minds that they are somehow a "big club" despite winning....well....nothing.

I just wonder why any major manager in world football would be attracted to a club like that. They have a big stadium (or at least half a big stadium), but that's basically it.

Well the F.A named us as one of 'the big 5' if you read this mornings papers and we're in the top 20 in fifa rankings. Does this not constitute a big club? W@nker.
nufclee

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:08 pm

I dislike Newcastle 'n' I hope they do get relegated, altho that's now unlikely seeing as they've sacked Souness and Roeder seems to be doing a magnifcent job for them. I would love see them go down and I would love to see Owen hang his head in shame 'n' be known as "A Class Player Who Got Relegated".
48-1119859832

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:32 pm

0asis wrote:I dislike Newcastle 'n' I hope they do get relegated, altho that's now unlikely seeing as they've sacked Souness and Roeder seems to be doing a magnifcent job for them. I would love see them go down and I would love to see Owen hang his head in shame 'n' be known as "A Class Player Who Got Relegated".

Aye cos anyone who turns Liverpool down must be hung drawn and quartered. Why do you hate Newcastle may I ask?
nufclee

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:38 pm

I dislike Newcastle because you claim to be a big club 'n' yet you've won nothing, you sign big players 'n' yet you're still sitting in the bottom half of the table. You're no bigger than Wigan 'n' yet you lay claim to be a big team with high aspirations, when in reality, you're on the same level as teams like Birmingham, Bolton, Middlesbrough and you're aspiration should be making it into the UEFA nevermind the Champions League.

And as for Owen, you can keep him. You were ripped off good on proper with that signing.  :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:44 pm

nufclee wrote:Aye cos anyone who turns Liverpool down must be hung drawn and quartered.

yeah cos michael owen turned us down. everyone knows he'd never come back here. it's always been his lifelong ambition to play for newcastle.

the only reason he ended up at your place is because you offered nearly double what we were willing to pay. there's no way we were going to sell the guy for £8m one year and then sign him back for £17m a year later. it made no financial sense at the time although to be honest, looking at it now we could have done with him.

the fact that you're willing to pay him £102,000 a week and also pay wasters like kieron dyer £80,000 a week when you're not even in europe shows you pretty much the lengths your chairman will go to to get the fans off his back.

p.s. who do you want as your new manager? if shepherd gets the next appointment wrong then he's history.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:46 pm

0asis wrote:I dislike Newcastle because you claim to be a big club 'n' yet you've won nothing, you sign big players 'n' yet you're still sitting in the bottom half of the table. You're no bigger than Wigan 'n' yet you lay claim to be a big team with high aspirations, when in reality, you're on the same level as teams like Birmingham, Bolton, Middlesbrough and you're aspiration should be making it into the UEFA nevermind the Champions League.

And as for Owen, you can keep him. You were ripped off good on proper with that signing.  :laugh:

No, you sold him for so little because his contract was nearing expiration. If we're not a big club, then why do the official rankings say we are? I don't see wigan up there.

The fact is that a big club is determined on level of support, revenue, financial power etc etc. That is one thing Team Gerrard fans can't accept about this. We may not have won trophies, but for a club of our size we should have. That makes us an underachieving big club, nothing less than that. Of course if the official rankings have got it wrong and you'd care to elaborate then I'm happy to listen to what you have to say.
nufclee

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion