Souness - Newcastle

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:41 pm

aparently beardsley couldnt play in physical games, i dont agre with that, he used to scare me so imagine what he did to the other team, i mean i was 100 yards away and i used to be scared  :D
112-1077774096

Postby madred » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:42 pm

Woof the guy has a hatred of us now it seems because of the fans backlash over selling his story of his bypass to the sun. That was my biggest gripe with that man. As i manager i know he had it in his heart to try take Liverpool back to top and i dont really have a grudge with him over that. The way he also did us out of a deal for Duff again was frustrating.
Last edited by madred on Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:26 pm

Liverpool were coming towards the end of their cycle under Daglish when Souness took over. Daglish revamped the side with the signings of Barnes, Beardsley, Houghtan and Aldridge in the late 1980s but no real thought was put into the adding to an aging defence and central midfield.

Souness wasn't helped by the rapid demise of John Barnes (who in 1987 to 1990 was probably the best player in Britain) and Ian Rush's inability to rediscover his old form.

However, he made major errors in selling Beardsely, Houghtan and Staunton, and could have probably got another year from Steve McMahon as well.

Souness correctly understood that change was required, but he tried it far too quickly and made the wrong choices in his transfer dealings. Had he held on to the three players I mentioned above (all three were major players for their clubs when they left Liverpool and showed that they had years of good football left in them) and was a bit more crafty in his new signings (i.e. had signed some of the players Man UTD or Blackburn bought instead of the likes of Dicks, Ruddock and Stewart) things could have been a hell of a lot different.

However, I grew up with the teams of the 1980s and it was difficult to go from watching us beat Coventry 6-1 away to losing 1-5 to Coventry in the space of 3 years, and aside from the Scum incident, that is what tarnished Souness in most fans' eyes.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby lilyred » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:40 pm

Thank you newcastle for getting Sounnes Its the begining of your end
lilyred

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:35 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Liverpool were coming towards the end of their cycle under Daglish when Souness took over. Daglish revamped the side with the signings of Barnes, Beardsley, Houghtan and Aldridge in the late 1980s but no real thought was put into the adding to an aging defence and central midfield.

Souness wasn't helped by the rapid demise of John Barnes (who in 1987 to 1990 was probably the best player in Britain) and Ian Rush's inability to rediscover his old form.

However, he made major errors in selling Beardsely, Houghtan and Staunton, and could have probably got another year from Steve McMahon as well.

Souness correctly understood that change was required, but he tried it far too quickly and made the wrong choices in his transfer dealings. Had he held on to the three players I mentioned above (all three were major players for their clubs when they left Liverpool and showed that they had years of good football left in them) and was a bit more crafty in his new signings (i.e. had signed some of the players Man UTD or Blackburn bought instead of the likes of Dicks, Ruddock and Stewart) things could have been a hell of a lot different.

However, I grew up with the teams of the 1980s and it was difficult to go from watching us beat Coventry 6-1 away to losing 1-5 to Coventry in the space of 3 years, and aside from the Scum incident, that is what tarnished Souness in most fans' eyes.

That about covers it JBG.
:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:16 pm

I think one of the reasons why Souness left Blackburn is due to a bad results so far with Blackburn, I think if he would had stayed and lost one or two games he would had been sacked but thats just me.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:21 am

good post JBG
112-1077774096

Postby kindaconfuzed » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:47 am

Best news I've heard for a long time it means we don't have to worry about Newcastle. Get the impression its a directors decision based on panic.

Souness tells of his time at Liverpool as one of trying to change the "ol ways" and all the resistance that went with that...funny havent they said the same about Houlier's departure?

With the decisions the Newcastle directors make then we shouldn't have to worry about them for a long time, the only think I can say is the fans must have good memories cos that's all they've got to look forward to!
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:30 pm

How does he do it? How does he land these jobs? Answers on a postcard to the usual address please! ???
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:21 pm

Madred

Yu've heard of tough love this is known as "tough talk" and then yer get a job. If yer make a judgment based on b*ll*cks don't be surprised when it turns b*ll*cks.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:24 am

Ha ha ha Kluivert Dyer and Bellamy must be shi*in themselves now, no more pampered primadonnas, with him  !  I wonder just how happy with the appointment of such a sucsessful (hehe)  :p manager the Newcastle fans are ??? . It would be great to hear 'Fu** off Souness' from both sets of fans. :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion