Newcastle relegation hopes - Souness Sacked

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:
nufclee wrote:Would rather be 3rd than 11th  :kungfu:

Aye me too, nice debate skills you got there buddy. But if a club is bringing in more money and fans than the European Champions, does that not constitute a big club?

You are a big club in Newcastle with reguards to how many fans go to your stadium plus your stadium is bigger than ours.
But you are not a big club reguarding honours just admit it.
And you can say about Solano, Emre, Owen, Boumsong (Thank god that deal fell through) etc etc, but Souness only out bid us cause we where going to buy these players so IMO they are mercenries we sold Owen for 8 million and you paid double for him after you where his 3rd choice club.

I would'nt want a player at our club if that was the case, do you know I actually felt a bit sorry for your fans when he said he will be fit for England and Newcastle never got a mention?
Duno why I did with your attitude.[/quote]
Owen is on Newcastle World @ nufc.co.uk saying he can't wait to pull on the Black & White shirt, actually. I admit in terms of past success we're not a massive club, but success is only one factor of many in what the size of a club is based on. What we've lacked in success is made up for in other areas, our massive support and finance etc. These are taken into consideration and when you consider what we've spent, we should be in the CL every year. That's why we're a big club, and underachieving one admittedly. Everyone acknowledges that, apart from Liverpool fans who can't seem to bring themselves to admit we're a big club in any sense of the word.
nufclee

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:20 pm

Newcastle are in £58m debt and wont qualify for europe.
Look at there pay roll audit from 1998 to 2005    Leeds springs to mind, http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/payroll.htm
Look how much Fat freddy is pocketing http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/boardpay.htm.
And look how much you have spent on players from 1998 to 2005/6.
http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/transfers.htm.

Seriously deluded Lee.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:Newcastle are in £58m debt and wont qualify for europe.
Look at there pay roll audit from 1998 to 2005    Leeds springs to mind, http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/payroll.htm
Look how much Fat freddy is pocketing http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/boardpay.htm.
And look how much you have spent on players from 1998 to 2005/6.
http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/transfers.htm.

Seriously deluded Lee.

As a shareholder I know that any debt we have is borrowed against our stadium due to fairly recent expansion, and is spread out until the year 2042. Considering our income is second to only Man Utd, that debt is extremely small to us, to the point where it would have to be quadrupled to be any sort of problem to us. However, please read this below.

Morgan fears over Liverpool debt 

Shareholder Morgan has tried to buy the club in the past
Liverpool shareholder Steve Morgan has reiterated his calls for the club to find new investment after alleging the Reds are more than £70m in debt.
Morgan, who has previously tried to buy the club, said the official figure of £17m hid other financial problems.

"When you take creditors and worsening financial conditions into account, the debt, I believe, is nearer to £73m," said Morgan at the club's AGM.

"It's imperative to get extra financial investment. We're on a dangerous line."

The figures in the club's financial report show the club made a gross profit of £7.53m on the year, which included their Champions League win, compared to the previous year's loss of £18.22m.

But in the same period, the net debt rose from £15.38m to £17.14m.

"New investment is needed sooner rather than later," added Morgan, the club's third biggest shareholder.

We need to get this right

Liverpool director Keith Clayton

"Manchester United still make double what we do on match days.

"All I can say to the board is that we've been waiting for over two-and-a-half years and we need the investment sorted out."

Director Keith Clayton agreed that the club needed more funds but said the plans for a new stadium were crucial for the future of the club.

"It's still our view that we need further investment to sustain success on the field and the new stadium," said Clayton.

"We are at a critical point of our history and we need to get this right.

"We accept that the estimate of £160m for the new stadium is not far away from the figure but we do have contingency plans at Anfield."

Other figures in Liverpool's annual report showed their wage bill had been reduced by £2m to £64m, representing 53% of the club's turnover, while turnover had risen by 32% to £121.05m.

Kraft admits Liverpool interest 

Liverpool have been linked to the American-based Kraft family and Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shiniwatra.

Thanks.
nufclee

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:27 pm

P.S You're the closest thing to Leeds United at the moment I think you'll agree.
nufclee

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:32 pm

nufclee wrote:P.S You're the closest thing to Leeds United at the moment I think you'll agree.

:laugh: How? We have world class players that want to stay if you lot dont get into Europe or start challenging and competing in cup competitions all your mercenries may seek pastures new.
And Morgan is just pissed off that he cant get his filthy mits on LFC and he never will.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:
nufclee wrote:P.S You're the closest thing to Leeds United at the moment I think you'll agree.

:laugh: How? We have world class players that want to stay if you lot dont get into Europe or start challenging and competing in cup competitions all your mercenries may seek pastures new.
And Morgan is just pissed off that he cant get his filthy mits on LFC and he never will.

Who are your world class players may I ask? Gerrard Carra and Alonso are the only ones I can think off.
nufclee

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:34 pm

You're closer to doing a Leeds than us because you have unmanageable debt and are relying on some sort of future investment, whereas we've got manageable debt and plenty of cash to spend for the new manager. £30m for O Neill when he comes is the rumour.
nufclee

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:35 pm

nufclee wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Who are your world class players may I ask? Gerrard Carra and Alonso are the only ones I can think off.

we are the champions of europe .........twát.....now fúcking do one eh...
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:36 pm

drummerphil wrote:
nufclee wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

we are the champions of europe .........twát.....now fúcking do one eh...

:O Didn't expect that reply. Did it take you long to think of?
nufclee

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:37 pm

nufclee wrote:You're closer to doing a Leeds than us because you have unmanageable debt and are relying on some sort of future investment, whereas we've got manageable debt and plenty of cash to spend for the new manager. £30m for O Neill when he comes is the rumour.

:O  Oh dear I give up. :sniffle

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:37 pm

Morgan is playing on fears of the board to get their backing so he can over turn the Moores regime, it's simple propoganda like Uncle Sam needs you posters. Only being thick, ignorant and being a geordie you won't stop to acknowledge this.
48-1119859832

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:41 pm

0asis wrote:Morgan is playing on fears of the board to get their backing so he can over turn the Moores regime, it's simple propoganda like Uncle Sam needs you posters. Only being thick, ignorant and being a geordie you won't stop to acknowledge this.

Aye so you're really super rich and are planning to buy Abramovich out? I think not.

As they say, denial is a river in eygpt.
nufclee

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:48 pm

I didn't say we were super-rich than again money has :censored: all to do with anything just look at Real Madrid 'n' you lot.

Fact is money means very little when you haven't got a decent chairman 'n' a decent board of directors. :;):
48-1119859832

Postby nufclee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:50 pm

0asis wrote:I didn't say we were super-rich than again money has :censored: all to do with anything just look at Real Madrid 'n' you lot.

Fact is money means very little when you haven't got a decent chairman 'n' a decent board of directors. :;):

So you've just put us in the same bracket as Real Madrid but we're still a small club?
nufclee

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:51 pm

I like Newcastle always have and whilst i acknowledge the immense support they have,i also acknowledge some great players that have come from there.............Terry Mac,Alan Kennedy, malcolm macdonald,Gazza,Waddle,Beardsley.......etc  and many more.....They all have something in common they moved on why.........because they have always known the club for whatever reason has the missing ingredient that turns them into winners........
For as long as i remember and i first saw Newcastle in 74......they have always underacheived .The great clubs and teams who have success DO NOT SELL THEIR BEST PLAYERS.......Newcastle have always done this.....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion