Big sam gone - Sacked by newcastle

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:32 am

I think your moneys down the drain Dawson, I can't see Harry wanting to up sticks at his age and go troubleshooting up in the North East.

Mclaren, Maureen, Martin Jol or even Klinsman but if I was a betting man I would go for Maureen (unless he has business elsewhere if you know what I mean  :D  )
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:33 am

id be right with you with maureen but im sure he signed some kind of agreement with roman saying he would not take a premiership job for the rest of the year. plus, isnt maureen waiting for a BIG club?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:38 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

And he ttried to tell Rafa how to do his job, tw@t !
66-1112520797

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:52 am

I'd be very surprised if Mourinho took the job. I imagine he probably wants a bigger job, at one of Europe's best clubs. He's in a different league to Newcastle frankly.

I think Redknapp will see out the rest of his managerial days with Portsmouth - he lives on the South Coast - and he's built an excellent team there. The expectation levels are average, he's under no real pressure, Gaydamak has a fair bit of cash to support him and I don't see any reason why he'd want to leave. Edit - I've just seen the odds, feck me, but still I'd be very surprised if he moved there.

It's early days yet, but I can't see Shearer being the saviour they crave, I reckon he'll wait a bit yet before becoming a manager. He needs to earn experience in a coaching role or a managerial role at a smaller club first in my view.

Martin Jol looks about as realistic a bet as you'll find IMO.
LFC2007

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:57 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:He was apparently working on bringing in 3 or 4 signings during the window - medicals were apparently about to happen on 2 of them. Where does this leave those deals?

It really does beggar belief that a club can act like that and still keep on going. I'd love to see their balance sheet, and exactly how much of their outgoings in recent years have been on paying managers off.

on top of that newcastle have to lay of all his staff with buy outs thats 20 staff members on 200k a year mabye 3 year contracts that 12 mil on top  :Oo:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:05 pm

rumour up here is that ant and dec are taking over as joint managers.

they're the only people from newcastle who are still alive who've won anything in their lifetimes.  :D
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:30 pm

Bamaga man wrote: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

And he ttried to tell Rafa how to do his job, tw@t !

:angry: Yeh my point too - rubbished what Rafa has achieved so-far - well managing huge expectations, big named players, tactically managing and coaching and delivering success ain't no easy task. He was rubbishing Sven as well before they 'lost' to the other Mancs  :upside:

It's also what happens when your 'Chairman' sits with the fans  :D  I wish our two 'tycoons' would sit on the Kop - they'd know full well what Rafa means to us - ok Lars !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:33 pm

quote of the century for me came from freddie shepherd a couple of years back when he called man united a "rudderless ship" just before united tw@tted them 4-1 in the fa cup semi final.

you couldn't make it up.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:37 pm

:D lol they're not called the 'Toons' for nowt ay :D

Wonder what ol Micky's thinkin now ay ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:15 pm

It really is a circus going on at Newcastle, with them sacking their managers at random practically. In some ways it's quite funny to be able to laugh at them all the time (what with their alleged "big" club status and all), but at the same time I'm actually getting pretty tired of hearing about and listening to them. I guess what I'm trying to say is, that it would do me no harm whatsover, if they were relegated :D

Regarding Fat Sam: :laugh:
JamCar05

Postby DaMo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:15 am

It's difficult to deny that the club is becoming laughable in its entirety. I've never liked Sam, but I fail to see why he was sacked when they're 11th after 21 games? ??? They would do very well to finish in such a position at the end of the season. I feel sorry for whoever is appointed next as they'll probably be sacked within a year themselves regardless of who it is due to the usual stupid expectations and delusions of grandeur at Tyneside. It's just plain silly. Even if Newcastle were somehow relegated they'd probably expect and believe they can get into Europe via a cup. The little big club really needs to get a grip on reality. If/When it does and there's a decent manager who receives reasonable backing and given time, they might actually become something more than a glorified mid-table team. (Maybe in a decade or two...) :D
DaMo

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:45 pm

I'd like to see him get the Ireland job. If he could make us into the Bolton of international football I'd be happy enough.

Limited dreams I know :down:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:16 pm

No Shearer in Match Of The Day   :oh:

:D  :D  :D
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Keegan appointed apparently.
LFC2007

Postby neil » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:42 pm

yeah keegan, blimey, intereseting state of affairs there then
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion