John Terry Trial begins

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:53 am

Today John Teery is due to stand in court in relation to the race charge against Anton FErdinand.

Heard the maximum sentence he can get is 2,500 - Can the premierleague/FA also punish him or because its now a police matter theyve passed the buck ??

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 pm

What a truly horrible human being he is.

Been following Dan Roan on Twitter and he is relaying what is being said in court.  How such an animal gets revered by the media is beyond me.  He is without morals, a thug, on and off the pitch, and will be proved to be a racist.  I'll say now he will not get an 8 match ban.

He disgusts me.
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Follow Tariq Panja for the best trial updates.

My favourite so far -

Lawyer: Why is your memory so vague whenver I ask you about the conversation?
Ferdinand: Because it was 10 months ago
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:37 pm

most think he will get, the FA have done their part to make sure he gets of by putting in the England team.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:01 pm

QPR defender Anton Ferdinand initially dismissed insults traded with John Terry as "banter'' but claimed he would have been "very hurt" if he had heard the Chelsea captain racially abuse him, a court heard on Monday.

England and Chelsea defender Terry, 31, is accused of calling Ferdinand a "f****** black c***'' during a Premier League game on October 23 last year.

Westminster Magistrates' Court heard on the first day of his trial that at first Queens Park Rangers centre-half Ferdinand did not think any racist insult had been used. He shook hands with Terry and accepted that their clash was "handbags'' and "banter''.

But after the match, his then girlfriend showed him a clip of their exchange posted on YouTube, and he believed Terry had used the racist obscenity. Ferdinand told the court that if he had realised at the time he would have told officials.

He said: "I would have been obviously very hurt and I probably wouldn't have reacted at the time because, being a professional, you can't do that. I probably would have let the officials know what happened and dealt with it after the game. When someone brings your colour into it, it takes it to another level and it's very hurtful.''

Chelsea were down to nine men in the clash at Loftus Road, and Ferdinand and Terry began trading insults over a penalty claim, the court heard.

Ferdinand said: "He called me a c*** and I called him a c*** back and he gave me a gesture as if to say my breath smelled. I said to him, 'How can you call me a c***? You shagged your team-mate's missus, you're a c***'.''

This was a reference to Terry's alleged affair with Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend, Vanessa Perroncel and Ferdinand then jogged down the pitch making a fist gesture to imply sex, he told the court.

After the match, Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole told him: "You can't talk to JT like that.'' Terry then met Ferdinand to ask what had happened.

"Mr Terry said, 'Do you think I racially abused you?'. I was like. 'No','' Ferdinand told the court. "I said 'No, that never came out of my mouth'. Then Ashley Cole popped his head round and said 'Yeah, didn't you say that to me?' I said 'I didn't say that at all'.''

In cross-examination by George Carter-Stephenson QC, for Terry, Ferdinand said he was no stranger to being sworn at and agreed he had also sworn at players.

The QPR defender said he was angry at Terry trying to get a penalty and "he barged me in the back for no reason'', he said.

Proceedings in Court One have been punctuated by swear words but Ferdinand insisted he did not use those words off the pitch. The QC asked the witness if by shouting abuse at him he was "trying to get a rise out of Mr Terry and get him to react?''

"Probably, yes,'' said Ferdinand. "There wasn't long left in the game.''

Mr Carter-Stephenson suggested that Ferdinand made up the allegation of racism as swearing at him and talking about his alleged affair was not having "the desired effect'' of winding Terry up. Ferdinand denied this.

The court also heard from lip reader and sign language interpreter Susan Whitewood.

Mrs Whitewood was asked to assess footage of the match and studied a clip of Ferdinand walking behind the accused.

She said Ferdinand said "Oi, you'', then there was an obstruction, the referee's head.

"Then, shagging your mate's missus, and another word I cannot decipher.''

Asked to explain what Terry said on the footage, which was broadcast during the match, she said: "The first words are 'Yeah, I,' then a word I couldn't get, I didn't get it because of the quickness. There was an obstruction for a moment then he says f****** black c***. Then a slight pause then, f****** knobhead.''

Mrs Whitewood also studied unbroadcast footage from which she said Terry could be seen saying: "'And yer,' then there was a word I couldn't ascertain. There was an obstruction then another word I couldn't obtain. Then the word black, a pause then f****** knobhead.''

The witness said it was not an exact science and agreed under cross-examination, "to a degree'', educated guesswork was involved. Mr Carter-Stephenson said there was "a fundamental unreliability being able to interpret speech with certainty,'' to which the witness agreed.

The QC added that context was important but "in this case an extremely limited amount of footage''. "Yes,'' said Mrs Whitewood.

The court heard that the expert and a defence lip reader agreed the word or part of it before Terry said f****** black c*** was impossible to confirm because there were several options. Mrs Whitewood said she believed the word was "you''.

Terry is accused of a racially aggravated public order offence, which he denies. He maintains that he was only sarcastically repeating what Ferdinand wrongly thought he had said.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:55 pm

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 pm

it will be a disgrace if that worm wriggles out of this.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 pm

The maximum punishment he could get is a fine of £2500 and that's it. It's a joke of a case that will get thrown out because there will be doubt.
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Ferdinand "being a professional, you can't do that. I probably would have let the officials know what happened and dealt with it after the game"

The QC asked the witness if by shouting abuse at him he was "trying to get a rise out of Mr Terry and get him to react?''

:laugh:  :laugh:

To be honest they are both childish idiots who don't deserve to be on the money they are. This trial is a waste of tax payers money. Does anyone really believe Terry is going to get hit with anything harder than a hefty fine and some community service at worst? Still though it's funny to read the transcripts.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:08 am

tubby » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 pm wrote:Ferdinand "being a professional, you can't do that. I probably would have let the officials know what happened and dealt with it after the game"

The QC asked the witness if by shouting abuse at him he was "trying to get a rise out of Mr Terry and get him to react?''

:laugh:  :laugh:

To be honest they are both childish idiots who don't deserve to be on the money they are. This trial is a waste of tax payers money. Does anyone really believe Terry is going to get hit with anything harder than a hefty fine and some community service at worst? Still though it's funny to read the transcripts.

Yet when Evra did the same with Suarez, nothing was said about that, only that Suarez was a racist and poor Evra was the victim.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:10 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 pm wrote:it will be a disgrace if that worm wriggles out of this.

He will get away with it. The scapegoat has been punished and the real culprit has been well protected.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:04 am

I'll be f*cking livid if he doesn't get at least an 8 game suspension.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:14 pm wrote:it will be a disgrace if that worm wriggles out of this.

I reckon he WILL get out of this, or at least receive a far less sanction compared to Suarez. Read my earlier post, do you think the judge will find Ferdinand any less guilty? Especially where he admits to provoking Terry.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 am

i'm really shocked we haven't seen ollie holt tweeting every couple of minutes about the terry case, considering he certainly had an opinion on everything during the suarez affair, even though there was no evidence.

anyone would have thought he co-wrote terry's book or something.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion