John terry - Should he captain england

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:51 am

i found this letter on football 365 about John Terry, i tend to agree with the sentiments, this is a guy who has been in trouble for assaulting a doorman, he was also recently sending text message to a schoolgirl despite knowing her age, (bear in mind terry has just had a child with his girlfriend), and the leeter below covers his lack of attributes as england captain.

i wonder what everyone else thinks

Captain Not So Fantastic...
I'm starting to have serious concerns about John Terry's abilities to captain England in an effective way. It seems that Jose's influence is rubbing off a bit too much on Mr Terry. No one likes a whinger, especially not as our national captain. No matter what anyone says about Beckham, he was always a terrific ambassador, a proper gentleman and genuinely passionate and honoured to be leading his country.

I want our captain to take poor performances on the chin and not make excuses or blame the ref like Terry repeatedly does. I want him to represent the team and 'talk' to the ref during games, not constantly rant at him like every other gutter footballer without an ounce of self-respect or common decency towards their fellow man.

So far he hasn't inspired the team very well, going missing when the players needed some sort of kick up the backside during England's last two matches. He hasn't conducted himself very effectively as Chelsea captain. He hasn't impressed in any England press conferences. And he hasn't done anything to make me feel good about a poorly performing England team. Shouting 'c'mon' as loud as you can and screwing your face up is not the be all and end all of being a great captain.

With a completely inept manager at the helm we need a genuine leader to stand up and do something to steer this rudderless ship before it gets smashed to pieces on the rocks of some faraway land like Russia or Macedonia or even Andorra. And John Terry is looking less like a worthy leader with every passing week.
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:00 am

I don't mind him being captain of England for the following reasons:

1- I find it funny when he messes up.

2- I'm not a big fan of the England team.

3- It diverted pressure that Stevie G would have faced as England captain.

4- He might get injured during an international and miss vital games for Chelsea.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:42 am

Good points by The Manhatten Project, let Terry be captain while the rest of us wallow in his downfall. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 am

I agree with everything that you said Peewee, especially about the way that he interacts with Refs during the game.  I would never pick someone like that as my captain.

But then again I dont give a :censored: about England!!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:47 am

i just think terry in a kunt and being england captain seems to make him think he should get respect even when he doesnt deserve any.

i think he misunderstands exactly what being the england captain is all about. beckham was a good captain and generally a decent guy, terry just thinks he is untouchable and it was good to see him finally get his marching orders on sunday.

oops i also forgot to mention that when he was sent off he refused to go down the tunnel and ended up arguing with the stewards, surely the england captain would know that once sent off you have to leave the field of play and and that also included the bench, you have to be back in the changing room or in the stands.

great example to set by englands fiinest
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:27 am

In all honesty since Terry has become england captain i have lost all ainterest in the etam (apart from watching our lads play and not get injured) Chelsea is doing everything it can to ruin football and is doing a good job. Maybe the sending off on sunday was harsh, but these things happen. He should have been a man about it and left the field, not wimpered like a aby and refused to leave until hed got his butler to untie his shoes
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:06 pm

He's just been on Sky Sports News whining on about his 2 bookings on Sunday, trying to say Graham Poll got it wrong. Suck it up and take your punishment like a Man Terry, a little dignity doesn't go amiss sometimes but what should I expect from a bloke who texts young lasses.....?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:40 pm

He should never have been picked, but then - the same could be said for the manager.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:13 pm

well if it wasnt terry it would have been gerrard but i would prefer gerrard to concantrate on lfc!! not too keen on england theese days!
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby red37 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:20 pm

Terry has not handled his affairs well under the pressure of the England captaincy. My opinion of him as a player wont change, however the fella is well on the slippery road to ignominy faster than he realises.  'Racism, Bigotry, Violence, Infidelity.......quite a list. Then again, in certain quarters he is probably living up to the stereotypical English male i suppose... :glare:  Not good enough and totally unacceptable behaviour for the National teams ambassador on the pitch. And if McLaren does  have a pair of bollox and wishes for an easy life - he must strip John Terry of the privilege. Though i still wouldnt want Steve Gerrard to be distracted by that burden, regardless.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:51 am

As long as that chimp Neville doesn't get the armband, I don't much care.

Can't have a Manc c*nt Captaining England, though.

No thanks, parrot-nose.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:55 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:As long as that chimp Neville doesn't get the armband, I don't much care.

:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 am

Personally i feel Terry is too much of a yap!

He gurns at ref's way too much..Do wee really want a Chelsea England squad?

Him and Fwank at the ref yapping....Nah football please!
66-1120597113

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:15 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Personally i feel Terry is too much of a yap!

He gurns at ref's way too much..Do wee really want a Chelsea England squad?

Him and Fwank at the ref yapping....Nah football please!

To be fair mate, Fat Frank only yaps at the ref because every stoppage means he's got to wait longer to eat.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crossy11 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:25 pm

If it was me picking i wouldn't of gone for Terry, yes he is a good player, but you want a leader on the pitch. For me it would be Steve Gerrard. :D
crossy11

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion