Benayoun or riera?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sully0182 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:01 pm

i think it depends on what we're looking for from that position, riera is more of a wide man than benayoun but benayoun is one of our most creative players when he cuts inside and plays in the hole. he won't be starting in the middle if we have gerrard, masch, aquilani (or lucas) so the only other logical spot for him is left or right midfield and as i dont think rafa will drop kuyt (nor should he) it looks like a battle between him and riera for the left flank. imo, i'd opt for benayoun the majority of the time as he has proved more of a goal threat than riera and he's also more likely to provide a creative spark. I like riera but his inconsistency frustrates me at times and while benny can sometimes be poor, i think this season he has really stepped up his game when others around have gone missing. Benny's got my vote on this one.
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby Zidane » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Riera every time for me, he's more consistent imo, although not as a goal threat just in the general build up and maintaining possession.  Benny is more dangerous I'll give him that but he congest the middle too much at times and when he isn't playing well it hurts us more than it helps.  I prefer Benny in Gerrard's role where he's free to roam.
Zidane

Postby loopyliverpool » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:29 am

neither after last night... Babel your time has come!
loopyliverpool

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Both expected to be out for 3-4 weeks. Oh joy. Can this season get any better? I'm at the stage now where I just laugh otherwise I'll cry.

Yossi and Riera out for 3-4 weeks, Johnson still not fully fit, Torres looking like breaking down anytime, Agger the same and we don't even know if Gerrard is fully fit yet.

What the hell have we done to deserve this luck this season?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:31 pm

stmichael wrote:Both expected to be out for 3-4 weeks. Oh joy. Can this season get any better? I'm at the stage now where I just laugh otherwise I'll cry.

Yossi and Riera out for 3-4 weeks, Johnson still not fully fit, Torres looking like breaking down anytime, Agger the same and we don't even know if Gerrard is fully fit yet.

We almost won the league how dare we.No doubt fergie sold his kids souls this time to cover this amount of witch craft.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:33 am

Dazzer wrote:
stmichael wrote:Both expected to be out for 3-4 weeks. Oh joy. Can this season get any better? I'm at the stage now where I just laugh otherwise I'll cry.

We almost won the league how dare we.No doubt fergie sold his kids souls this time to cover this amount of witch craft.

If you look at the stats, it's actually Arsene Wenger you should be concerned about. We have Arsenal's injury curse + badluck (anything that can go wrong will go wrong) + mega media pressure

So yeah its pretty shitty situation but as all supporters will tell you we will pull through this!
killerp

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 am

Benny or Riera? Neither for at least 4 weeks from the looks of things. :angry:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Benni :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<