GOOD SIGNING - WELL IN THEIR !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:05 pm

ThE LADS A FECKIN GEM . GET IN THERRE RAFA LAD , WHAOT A FECKIN SIGNIG.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:06 am

He's an all round player, intelligent, good passer/mover, a fighter and a scouser. He doesnt give up and now he's getting used to the pace of our game he is becoming more authoritative.

Great buy and I think he will mature and become a key player for the next 4 years helping us win the league again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:58 am

How many fouls did the lad draw today? Particularly when they were pressing in the last 15 minutes, Reminded me of Hamman. If there is nothing on he simply shields the ball, moves it at the last second and draws the foul. Class Act  :bowdown
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 am

Scottbot wrote:How many fouls did the lad draw today? Particularly when they were pressing in the last 15 minutes, Reminded me of Hamman. If there is nothing on he simply shields the ball, moves it at the last second and draws the foul. Class Act  :bowdown

Yes, his ball retention and close control are fantastic and his decision making seems to be sound.  I was spitting nails at him for going for glory in the first half when he had two teammates better positioned in the box but who could blame him after working the space like he did?  I just hope he stays fit...he's become one of our most important players.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:27 am

Bad Bob wrote:I just hope he stays fit...he's become one of our most important players.

and that's the thing right there. how many of us would have thought we'd be able to say that about him before he'd pulled on the shirt? right up there with rafa's best signings and looking like he can still improve.

(as well as looking like desperate dan, buzz lightyear, etc etc etc...)

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Gets better evertime I see him play
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby duk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:18 pm

doesnt seem to able to tackle though, his yellow card yesterday was unnecessary and he never looked like winning the ball

and another bad challenge springs to mind a week or so ago when he took wright phillips out on the edge of the area, city then scored from the resulting free kick

still looks brilliant on the ball and some of his passes are class
duk

Postby Number 9 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:49 pm

duk wrote:doesnt seem to able to tackle though, his yellow card yesterday was unnecessary and he never looked like winning the ball

and another bad challenge springs to mind a week or so ago when he took wright phillips out on the edge of the area, city then scored from the resulting free kick

still looks brilliant on the ball and some of his passes are class

I dont agree mate!
I thought he done OK yesterday tackling wise.
He also looked a lot stronger on the ball than he has done for us.
he came out of a few Chelsea tackles yesterday with the ball and kept going,stayed on his feet,refused to go down when he could have!

Just what we needed,looks a great signing.I believe theres a lot more to come from him as well,he's still settling in and is only now looking fully fit!
Money well spent! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 pm

If I was picking faults I would be looking at improving his fitness and final ball. As I am delighted with him so far I won't bother. :D
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:06 pm

he actually showed a good tackle yesterday, when he was through on goal, he didnt pass just shot, that chance. Before, he took the ball off bosingwa.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:58 pm

He showed up in a huge way Sunday, has great ball control and first touch.
Zidane

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:16 pm

Scottbot wrote:How many fouls did the lad draw today? Particularly when they were pressing in the last 15 minutes, Reminded me of Hamman. If there is nothing on he simply shields the ball, moves it at the last second and draws the foul. Class Act  :bowdown

Weird comparison, but yeh I see what you mean - there are times when I panic a little when he's in posession and looks like nothing is on, but he rarely gives it away.

Also, defenders seem to bounce off him a bit too, he's strong as an ox on the ball. There was one instance where he was rolling his foot over the ball, shielding it and the defender went in for the challenge for the ball, bounced off him and he rolled his foot ober it again and went off down the line towards their goal!

Kwality.
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:01 pm

I reckon on another day he might have scored that chance in the 1st half when he hit the net. Very happy with him though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:46 pm

His settled really well with us and has added a better dimension tothe squad. A type of player we desperately need out wide. He will get better as the season progresses and will score a few i feel.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion