Benayoun or riera?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby skellyred71 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:16 pm

TheLad wrote:
skellyred71 wrote:
TheLad wrote:Apparently, ManCity is after Benny, we might sell him if they pay the price we want, to make some funds for the January transfer window... 20 million maybe? :D
[url=http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/542476/MANCHESTER-CITY-boss-Mark-Hughes-is-monitoring-Yossi-Benayounrsquos-situation-at-Liverpool

-as-he-prepares-for-the-January-transfer-windowBenayoun-has-hopped-on-to-Cityrsquos-radar-

after-the-midfielder-was-named-on-the-bench-for-last-Sundayrsquos-title-jolting-2-0-defeat

-by-Chelsea-at-Stamford-Bridge.html]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport....ge.html[/url]

WHY ARE YOU QUOTING THE SUNDAY SCUM LAD!!!!!!!!!! disappointed!!!!!

Cool down than. The SSN is good enough for you?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5622698,00.html

ok you now provide a different source! Yet you still quoted from the SUNDAY SCUM, Why???
skellyred71

Postby TheLad » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 pm

skellyred71 wrote:
TheLad wrote:
skellyred71 wrote:
TheLad wrote:Apparently, ManCity is after Benny, we might sell him if they pay the price we want, to make some funds for the January transfer window... 20 million maybe? :D
[url=http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/542476/MANCHESTER-CITY-boss-Mark-Hughes-is-monitoring-Yossi-Benayounrsquos-situation-at-Liverpool

-as-he-prepares-for-the-January-transfer-windowBenayoun-has-hopped-on-to-Cityrsquos-radar-

after-the-midfielder-was-named-on-the-bench-for-last-Sundayrsquos-title-jolting-2-0-defeat

-by-Chelsea-at-Stamford-Bridge.html]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport....ge.html[/url]

WHY ARE YOU QUOTING THE SUNDAY SCUM LAD!!!!!!!!!! disappointed!!!!!

Cool down than. The SSN is good enough for you?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5622698,00.html

ok you now provide a different source! Yet you still quoted from the SUNDAY SCUM, Why???

It was in TheSun, SkySports, BBc. Come on, this debate is getting boring mate, he isn't going anywhere anyway,these are only speculations, they have to write about something.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 pm

I think Benayouns agent lives in a dreamworld. This is the same bloke last season who was saying Barcelona were in for him :D .

look, he's a decent player. he wouldn't get in at man utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, and he barely gets in for us. We paid 5 mill for him, and if anyone other than Man City came in for him he's worth 6-8 million quid. If they do come in for him (which they won't) you might get 12-14 mill for him. Lets be serious though here, he's an Ok player, no more and no less.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:33 am

bigmick wrote:I think Benayouns agent lives in a dreamworld. This is the same bloke last season who was saying Barcelona were in for him :D .

look, he's a decent player. he wouldn't get in at man utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, and he barely gets in for us. We paid 5 mill for him, and if anyone other than Man City came in for him he's worth 6-8 million quid. If they do come in for him (which they won't) you might get 12-14 mill for him. Lets be serious though here, he's an Ok player, no more and no less.

One of our best player recently. Playing better than Gerrard atm imo.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:09 am

TheLad wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think Benayouns agent lives in a dreamworld. This is the same bloke last season who was saying Barcelona were in for him :D .

Well I don't agree with you mate but there you go. He's definately playing closer to his actual ultimate potential than Gerrard, but Gerrard at half speed is still twice the player. I appreciate it becomes all the more difficult to appreciate that given the fact that Gerrard periodically bails us out of the sh!t so often, but it remains the case IMHO.

Benayoun is a decent player and he's doing well. He won't though be wanted by Barcelona, he isn't worth 25 million quid, he probably won't be on Man City's shopping list, and he isn't outperforming Gerrard.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 am

TheLad wrote:

Thats thing with benny he is hot and cold can be very good but when he is below par he is not worth having on pitch gerrard on the other  hand you would have him on pitch even if he was carrying a knock like in final FA cup 2006.That is the gulf in class people speak off.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:49 am

bigmick wrote:look, he's a decent player. he wouldn't get in at man utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, and he barely gets in for us.

he's better than anything united have got out wide in terms of product and he's not even a wide player really. are you telling me that nani, valencia or park are better than benayoun? not in a million years. the first two cost £30m between them aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:04 am

In my opinion, I think all three of Nani, Valencia and Park are better wide players than Benayoun. He's a better player than them when he plays in the hole, but out wide yes I think they are better players.

In fairness though the comparison is apples with oranges. "Out wide" is a position Benayoun only starts in, he does all his best work in the hole after continually tracking inside. All three of the Manchester United players are genuine, out and out wide men. As such, "out wide" they are all better than our bloke IMHO.

Ultimately though, it's all opinions and I know many posters on here rate Yossi very highly which is fair enough. I don't rate him anywhere near so highly, but that's equally fair enough I think.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:17 pm

If I had to choose between those four to start at left or right midfield I'd pick Yossi.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Considering the mancs have been dominant and are right up there in the league, I'm unimpressed with their trio of Park, Nani and Valencia. I'm not saying they are rubbish, but compared to the quality they have elsewhere they are more squad players than 1st choices - I think that is reflected in their rotation, not perhaps a policy but more because none stands out. Would they make our team? Quite possibly, but I wouldn't class them as way better than Yossi. I guess Yossi wins out on goalscoring potential, if you want a more aesthetically pleasing winger who does what you expect of a winger with little end product, then you'd go with one of the others (bar Park who is more Kuyt-like shall we say) Of those three manc players I'd probably pick Park as our Kuyt equivalent, more of an unsung hero who does the basics, ghosts in for goals and does more than most of the team fans give credit for. If you want a fancy dan who dances about and does FA then have Nani or Valencia, both a pale imitation of the portugese diver who went to Madrid. Nani has the talent, but needs to produce. Perhaps the same is true of Valencia, but I reckon fergie will perhaps be looking to bring in better options if not next season then season thereafter if they don't produce more.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 pm

:O Benayoun is OK?!?! I always thought you was a good poster.

But now...  :D
Fauxy

Postby RedintheHead » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:13 am

Yossi is the man. Period. Who else is doing the business?

Put him on, he ignites the squad. Take him off, the attacking play is snuffed out.

Now that Aqualani is almost fit, the season will light up! :D
RedintheHead

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 am

Taking him off the other night was just ludicrous. He was the only player out there capable of creating something. You could tell by the crowds reaction what they thought of the decision.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 am

stmichael wrote:Taking him off the other night was just ludicrous. He was the only player out there capable of creating something. You could tell by the crowds reaction what they thought of the decision.

Yep always a problem I have with rafa , don't get me wrong he is mostly great at setting a team up pre game but jesus wept he gotta be one of most worse readers of game I ever seen.I even go as far as if you mixed jose and rafa together you get perfect manager.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:07 am

Benayoun is the only sub on the bench that can come on & win a game.

Riera seems to have talent but his form swings quite a bit from good to not even trying but I hope he comes good as the left wing is always a problem.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion