Rafa reveals italian targets

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby clik » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:28 pm

villa has a 99m get out clause in his contract and i honestly cant see him comin to england just yet although id love to see him at liverpool i dont think it will happen this summer
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:30 pm

A.B. wrote:Eto'o [or Ego as he's known] has too many problems with his ego.

Last year or the year before, he complained that his team-mates weren't helping him get the top goalscoring award in La Liga :laugh:

He also had his Manager at Mallorca try and hit him on the bench but still his quality!!!
puroresu

Postby Marianne » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:36 pm

yeah, etoo is defo good and trez would be a good signing-experience
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby Rafa D » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:43 pm

we will never sign eto'o, barca would be soft to let him go
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Marianne » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:49 pm

too true :(
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Bojinov or Trezeguet would be my pick
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:42 pm

Bojinov is only on loan at Juventus.  they have the option too sign him from Fiorentina for £4m in the summer!  Bojinov is good but has not hit the same heights that he did at Lecce.  he was okay at Fiorentina but struggled in the shadow of Luca Toni.

I think if Juve let Trez leave he will join Lyon.  he has one more move left in him and I think he will return too France and finish his career there.
kobashi

Postby Ade » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:44 pm

stmichael wrote:
EddieC wrote:I don't wanna see Trezeguet at Liverpool, I said this when the rumours were circulating in the summer.

I still don't get this. Since 97 upto now his record is 247 games 154 goals. Thats absolutely phenomenal.

Correct me if i'm missing something, but that's an average of 24 games a year. Suggests he's injury prone, and someone with 10 years on the clock as a striker… hmm.

TBH, I've never wanted him at Anfield either. Never looks totally at ease on the biggest stage, and I think his best years are behind him.

Don't laugh, but if we offload Crouch, I wouldn't mind Dean Ashton. Not as our first choice striker, but maybe third, behind Kuyt and a real lethal centre forward. David Villa maybe.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Ade wrote:
stmichael wrote:
EddieC wrote:I don't wanna see Trezeguet at Liverpool, I said this when the rumours were circulating in the summer.

I still don't get this. Since 97 upto now his record is 247 games 154 goals. Thats absolutely phenomenal.

Correct me if i'm missing something, but that's an average of 24 games a year. Suggests he's injury prone, and someone with 10 years on the clock as a striker… hmm.

TBH, I've never wanted him at Anfield either. Never looks totally at ease on the biggest stage, and I think his best years are behind him.

Don't laugh, but if we offload Crouch, I wouldn't mind Dean Ashton. Not as our first choice striker, but maybe third, behind Kuyt and a real lethal centre forward. David Villa maybe.

I have always rated Ashton and I think he is much better target man than crouch will ever be..
kobashi

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:36 pm

As this seems to be turning into a striker wish list, Anelka is still a very realistic target for me. He's got the talent, is in the goals for Bolton this season, is well within thre clubs budget (with or without Gillette and Hicks) i'm not worried about any problems with his attitude (and let's be honest if Rafa goes out and buys Pennant and Bells despite their rap sheet then he won't have any quams about Anelka.)
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:51 pm

stmichael wrote:

But he is a lazy arrogent :censored:, he will be another Cisse
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Years Of Decay » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Strange for Rafa to announce his targets.. trezeguet and bojinov, yes, the other 2 no..
Image Image
5 TIMES IN ISTANBUL
*6 Times In Athens*
Years Of Decay

Postby hello_red » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 pm

its a ploy to divert attention away from his real targets! if the past is anything to go by whenever we go in for a high profile target like say alves we get heaped up transfer rates off the club that own them. Rafa dosnt usually reveal his cards until the last minute to the press its all done behind the scenes!

obviously the targets he has mentioned are good, i reckon he will go for someone abit more high profile therefore keeping it stum.

my opinion anyway!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Years Of Decay » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:43 pm

hello_red wrote:its a ploy to divert attention away from his real targets! if the past is anything to go by whenever we go in for a high profile target like say alves we get heaped up transfer rates off the club that own them. Rafa dosnt usually reveal his cards until the last minute to the press its all done behind the scenes!

obviously the targets he has mentioned are good, i reckon he will go for someone abit more high profile therefore keeping it stum.

my opinion anyway!

Hmm yeah good point, i hope thats the way it is anyway
Image Image
5 TIMES IN ISTANBUL
*6 Times In Athens*
Years Of Decay

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:26 pm

I dont watch much Italian Football these days but Vincenzo Iaquinta  was good on Football Manager. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion