Rafa reveals italian targets

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has revealed he is plotting raids for a number of players in Italy.

Benitez is busy planning for next season and has already identified several targets to bolster his squad.

The Spaniard is set to be handed a substantial transfer kitty in the summer following the arrival of new American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett and it appears Benitez has made striking reinforcements his top priority.

Juventus ace David Trezeguet has been strongly linked with Liverpool in the past and Benitez has confirmed his interest in the Frenchman along with three other strikers in Serie A.

Trezeguet's Juventus team-mate Valeri Bojinov, Udinese's Vincenzo Iaquinta and Palermo's Amauri have all come under Benitez's gaze as he looks to build a side capable of challenging for the title next season.

"We are following many players with several of those in Italy and Trezeguet is one of them, it's true, but I like also Iaquinta, Amauri, Bojinov," Benitez told Corriere dello Sport.

taken from Sky Sports
CarlosRocks

Postby EddieC » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:13 pm

I don't wanna see Trezeguet at Liverpool, I said this when the rumours were circulating in the summer.

TBH, out of the other three I've only heard of Iaquinta, does anyone know much about the other two?

Also, any ideas how much they would cost?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Bojinov is the youngest out of the players named and is playing for Juve at the moment. Very talented and would be a good signing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:19 pm

EddieC wrote:I don't wanna see Trezeguet at Liverpool, I said this when the rumours were circulating in the summer.

I still don't get this. Since 97 upto now his record is 247 games 154 goals. Thats absolutely phenomenal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:23 pm

stmichael wrote:
EddieC wrote:I don't wanna see Trezeguet at Liverpool, I said this when the rumours were circulating in the summer.

I still don't get this. Since 97 upto now his record is 247 games 154 goals. Thats absolutely phenomenal.

Exactly.  He seems to get plenty of stick but nobody can dispute his record.  He scores goals and no one can deny that.  I would be fine with Trez coming in.
puroresu

Postby Manwell_Pablo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Amuri is a Brazilan striker at Palermo he's about 26. He's strike rate is not that impressive. about 4-6 million maybe

Valeri Bojinov is at Juvu, again striker, fairly young I reckon not played much. How much he cost all depends on how highly Juvu rate his potential.

To be honest I don't see what your need another striker like the ones listed.
Manwell_Pablo

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Manwell_Pablo wrote:Amuri is a Brazilan striker at Palermo he's about 26. He's strike rate is not that impressive. about 4-6 million maybe

Valeri Bojinov is at Juvu, again striker, fairly young I reckon not played much. How much he cost all depends on how highly Juvu rate his potential.

To be honest I don't see what your need another striker like the ones listed.

I would be surprised if Juve let Trez and Bojinov go.  They wont be in a position next season to let star players go as replacing them will be a difficulty.
puroresu

Postby Manwell_Pablo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Their not as rich as they used to be, Trezguet is not getting any younger either.

If this takeover has left you some serious financial muscle you should be looking a better players than both to be honest.
Last edited by Manwell_Pablo on Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manwell_Pablo

Postby Elchris » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:39 pm

dissapointing targets except for trezaguet....juventus would not let bojinov go..the other are almost the same type of strikers we have now...:(
Elchris

Postby weringo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Strange of Rafa to publicly state his transfer targets, he usually keeps it quiet. We should be looking at better transfer possibilities, Eto'o or Villa for instance.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Eto is a possibility now with the very public fall out with Rijkard plu sthe fact him and Benitez have a lot of history!  That would be great:D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:50 pm

Eto'o [or Ego as he's known] has too many problems with his ego.

Last year or the year before, he complained that his team-mates weren't helping him get the top goalscoring award in La Liga :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby club_Levis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:17 pm

A.B. wrote:Eto'o [or Ego as he's known] has too many problems with his ego.

Last year or the year before, he complained that his team-mates weren't helping him get the top goalscoring award in La Liga :laugh:

Honestly Id take Villa over Eto due to the Ego you mentioned.
club_Levis

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:18 pm

weringo wrote:Strange of Rafa to publicly state his transfer targets, he usually keeps it quiet.

Exactly. The original quote is complete bollo.x so it's just more speculation.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:22 pm

don't get me wrong I would much prefer Villa, but he is gonna be well pricey!  Do you think our American brothers will put their money forward?  Lets hope so
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion