Fans make liverpool take over move!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redbilly1960 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:29 pm

This will never ever happen its pie in the sky. The yanks aint gonna sell to "the fans" ever.
People are giving Barca and Real Madrid as examples of clubs that have the fans as shareholders. When was barca's started years ago when football was not the multi million pound business it is now if they were to do it today how many fans would stump up 10,000 euros not many and the same will happen for us in the economic climate as it is now how many people sitting on the kop have £5000 sittin in the bank gathering dust sadly not many.
Ignore this nonsence and lets not deflect from the fact we are turning into a laughing stock of english football, How I laughed and took the p1ss out of all the mancs at work when they were whinning about Glazier and now they are taking the p1ss.The teams performance on the field is not helping matters.
These supporters with nothing better to do that come up with hair brain ideas like this need to know WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS WE ARE LIVERPOOL
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby club_Levis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:some fans will do anything to try to keep Rafa.

:laugh: Its nothing to do with Rafa it about getting it back from Randolph & feckin Mortimer.

It does Ciggy. These silly ideas intensify each and every time the team looses and when Raf
club_Levis

Postby club_Levis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:some fans will do anything to try to keep Rafa.

:laugh: Its nothing to do with Rafa it about getting it back from Randolph & feckin Mortimer.

It does Ciggy. These silly ideas intensify each and every time the team looses and when Rafa is in the wrong.
club_Levis

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Its been on the new on the TV about the fans buying the club.

Must be something going on..cause the media never lie! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:12 pm

Redbilly1960 wrote:This will never ever happen its pie in the sky. The yanks aint gonna sell to "the fans" ever.
People are giving Barca and Real Madrid as examples of clubs that have the fans as shareholders. When was barca's started years ago when football was not the multi million pound business it is now if they were to do it today how many fans would stump up 10,000 euros not many and the same will happen for us in the economic climate as it is now how many people sitting on the kop have £5000 sittin in the bank gathering dust sadly not many.
Ignore this nonsence and lets not deflect from the fact we are turning into a laughing stock of english football, How I laughed and took the p1ss out of all the mancs at work when they were whinning about Glazier and now they are taking the p1ss.The teams performance on the field is not helping matters.
These supporters with nothing better to do that come up with hair brain ideas like this need to know WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS WE ARE LIVERPOOL

I really don't think it would be a problem finding 100,000 Liverpool fans who have decent well paying jobs who would have no problem stumping up £5000, I would do it without a second thought. There are fans who can't regularly go to home matches you know!!

This system WORKS bloody well elsewhere, it is not hair brained at all in fact it is a damned good idea and I guarantee that if we did do it we would steal a march on many of our competitors who would follow suit over the coming years.

This is a great idea and I really hope it happens.
heimdall

Postby DAV » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 pm

Well heimdall i for one hope it really does not happen.
Who would the manger ask when he has a transfer target. What if all these owners didnt agree with the valuation of the player. Also what about the managers job, alot of people want RB to leave others want him to stay. All this would cause is havoc at boardroom level.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:49 pm

DAV wrote:Well heimdall i for one hope it really does not happen.
Who would the manger ask when he has a transfer target. What if all these owners didnt agree with the valuation of the player. Also what about the managers job, alot of people want RB to leave others want him to stay. All this would cause is havoc at boardroom level.

erm yes havoc in the boardroom, because everything is harmonious at the moment isn't it ???

To be honest I don't know the specific details of how this works at Barcelona but it works and would solve our problems, and actually I would like being able to vote on who the chairman is, power to the fans, what can be wrong with that. It wouldn't be havoc, I imagine that you vote in a president for a year and then he does his job, if he's good he stays if not he gets replaced but the manager would still be employed by the club so there wouldn't be any more volatility there.
heimdall

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:56 pm

if it happens we will be bankrupted in a year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:57 pm

the other thing that annoys me about this idea is the cost.
I like many other Liverpool Supporters isnt rich. I go to games when i can and when i can afford it. I do not have £5000 or what ever figure it may be spare. So i like many other supporters would not get a say in anything even though i go to games.. Fat Cats would, and alot form abroad. We have yanks running it now which is bad enough. But people from all over the place, i just do want this.
Last edited by DAV on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:02 pm

It works at Barca and Real - Rogan Taylor and co are no mugs they know what they are talikin about - I'm defo in - but have a siggestion:

What if we - as newkit bought shares - those of us who want can contribute smaller amounts and the forum could own a peice of the club :)

I'm willing to by a share per se, but this way the forum could be a shareholder -  whatever our views we all luv the club and want it out of the hands of these clowns - buy a peice of history etc etc !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:06 pm

DAV wrote:the other thing that annoys me about this idea is the cost.
I like many other Liverpool Supporters isnt rich. I go to games when i can and when i can afford it. I do no have £5000 or what ever figure it may be spare. So i like many other supporters would not get a say in anything even though i go to games.. Fat Cats would, and alot form abroad. We have yanks running it now which is bad enough. But people from all over the place, i just do want this.

Im in the same boat mate!
Likewise id say about 90 odd per cent of LFC fans.
LFCs fan base is largely working class like ourselves.People have mortgages and families to look after.Regardless of how much we love the club id doubt enough have this sort of money to spare.

Also if £500m could be raised we need players on top of that season after season.
If the club was not successful where would the money come from if it was making a loss to stabilise the books and buy more players?

Its a very romantic idea having LFC owned buy the fans but its a million miles from practical.
We need stability quickly by an honest investor with the clubs interest at heart and more importantly someone that does not lie or take the fans for mugs!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:14 pm

WELL WOULD THIS FORUM WANNA OWN THE CLUB _ COULD WE ALL CHIP IN ?
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:49 pm

Its a far fetched ridiculess idea, it just wont happen.....they are deluding themselves if they think they can raise that kind of money?....and even if it was raised the yanks would not sell, the best hope would be for the DIC to come in with another bid and sort this mess out once and for all.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:03 pm

we would need about 1bil to buy the cluband run it for a year. , plus more on stand by in case the new ground is over budget, the club will not see much income for 2 years.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Im pretty sure, reading an article somewhere, that this is going to be lead by 3, pretty wealthy, professionals in this sort of thing?

Sooooooo, this could work, the club will be run right if this happens.

Has anyone thought..........not saying Rafa hasn't changed the club and been one of, if not, THE best manager we've had since the glory years, but is a change in order? Is a consistent line up going to make things better on the pitch, then masking off the pitch problems and thus sorting it out without all this fuss??
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion